ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Sheffield

Does anyone know our chances? I have not seen anything new on 247Sports as far as their Crystal Ball for him.

Does anyone know our chances? I have not seen anything new on 247Sports as far as their Crystal Ball for him.

No bat signal. So... probably not great. Notre Dame, Arkansas, and Purdue seem to be the most vocal on his timeline. Not much from OSU but they were in his top 4.

So being in his top 4, that would make it a 25% chance right? If, according to the movie 21, you remove emotions and just play the odds.

No Brady Brohm smoke signals though.

It's the dead period, but they can still call and text. If a smoke signal goes up before the commitment, then I would call it a lock. I was guessing ND, but if the ND writer switched, and we have no signal, maybe it's Arkansas?

He performed very well in camps and would be a very good adddition. If he picks another school, it doesn't hurt also having Wandale, Bell, and Wright in our sights. Plummer/Sipe have to be liking the youth movement of all these incredibly talented WRs coming in and being targeted.

Also, if he commits, my prediction of nothing until the fall would be wrong. I don't like being wrong, but I am willing to make an exception here.

Brady... if you are reading this. Please, put out the bat signal!! You have us spoiled, which is perfect for easing the anxiety that comes with being a Purdue fan.

It's the dead period, but they can still call and text. If a smoke signal goes up before the commitment, then I would call it a lock. I was guessing ND, but if the ND writer switched, and we have no signal, maybe it's Arkansas?

He performed very well in camps and would be a very good adddition. If he picks another school, it doesn't hurt also having Wandale, Bell, and Wright in our sights. Plummer/Sipe have to be liking the youth movement of all these incredibly talented WRs coming in and being targeted.

Also, if he commits, my prediction of nothing until the fall would be wrong. I don't like being wrong, but I am willing to make an exception here.

Brady... if you are reading this. Please, put out the bat signal!! You have us spoiled, which is perfect for easing the anxiety that comes with being a Purdue fan.
Purdue likely taking 3 WR’s in the class. I’m guessing it may end up being Sheffield and Rice and either Wayndale or Bell. If another one pops up that is a playmaker, Purdue could end up taking 4 and sliding a guy out if the class that is at a position that isn’t a supreme need this year.

Purdue likely taking 3 WR’s in the class. I’m guessing it may end up being Sheffield and Rice and either Wayndale or Bell. If another one pops up that is a playmaker, Purdue could end up taking 4 and sliding a guy out if the class that is at a position that isn’t a supreme need this year.

With Rice being able to play on defense and Wandale able to play RB, I think CJB would take all four of those players. They are too good to let go. Don't forget about Wright either. At 6'3 he can do some things but can play multiple positions. Tiller used to take the best athletes and find a way to get them on the field. I'm good with that philosophy, even if it meant 5 players listed at WR on the recruiting sites.

Won't have to wait too long to find out anyway. I haven't heard much on his recruiting, so anything out is an educated guess. I think the 3 in contention are Arkansas, Purdue, and Notre Dame. People wrote that the Notre Dame writer picked us and Arkansas didn't list him in a recent article. So maybe we get him? His isn't as active in twitter so no obvious hints.

With Rice being able to play on defense and Wandale able to play RB, I think CJB would take all four of those players. They are too good to let go. Don't forget about Wright either. At 6'3 he can do some things but can play multiple positions. Tiller used to take the best athletes and find a way to get them on the field. I'm good with that philosophy, even if it meant 5 players listed at WR on the recruiting sites.

Won't have to wait too long to find out anyway. I haven't heard much on his recruiting, so anything out is an educated guess. I think the 3 in contention are Arkansas, Purdue, and Notre Dame. People wrote that the Notre Dame writer picked us and Arkansas didn't list him in a recent article. So maybe we get him? His isn't as active in twitter so no obvious hints.
Agree that if the opportunity was there that CJB would take all the aforementioned players...just don’t think they all commit. I’m just going by history and that Purdue has never been able to ink skill players like that in one class, but then again this is a totally different culture and staff.

If Brohm can get 3-4 of those 4*’s to verbal, there would be a seismic shift in the perception of Purdue going forward as it would likely mean the #3 -#5 class in the conference which would mean a top 20-25 class.

Agree that if the opportunity was there that CJB would take all the aforementioned players...just don’t think they all commit. I’m just going by history and that Purdue has never been able to ink skill players like that in one class, but then again this is a totally different culture and staff.

If Brohm can get 3-4 of those 4*’s to verbal, there would be a seismic shift in the perception of Purdue going forward as it would likely mean the #3 -#5 class in the conference which would mean a top 20-25 class.

I would be absolutely pumped if Brohm was able to land one (Just 1) of:

M Wright
D Bell
W Robinson
TJ Sheffield

I would be absolutely pumped if Brohm was able to land one (Just 1) of:

M Wright
D Bell
W Robinson
TJ Sheffield
I am already pumped for our class as it currently is, especially with 247Sports talking about Karlifitis being possible the #1 Recruit in the nation. If we can add another 1 or 2 4-Star recruit to this class, I will be ecstatic.

I am already pumped for our class as it currently is, especially with 247Sports talking about Karlifitis being possible the #1 Recruit in the nation. If we can add another 1 or 2 4-Star recruit to this class, I will be ecstatic.
Could you please tell me how this works for Karlaftis? I read, on here, about a month ago, that GK was being upgraded to a 5*. When will that happen? At the beginning of his Senior year, or something? By the way, I totally agree that just a couple more 4* commits would make me ecstatic.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Could you please tell me how this works for Karlaftis? I read, on here, about a month ago, that GK was being upgraded to a 5*. When will that happen? At the beginning of his Senior year, or something? By the way, I totally agree that just a couple more 4* commits would make me ecstatic.
I have not seen definite times that Rivals or 247sports will always change their rankings. In the Summer, they will make changes usually after big camps that top prospects go to. There are also ranking changes throughout the season when there is new footage of prospects of their in game performances and YTD season stats.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
The 247Sports Crystal Ball is evenly split between Purdue, Tennessee, & ND.

Below the predictions they indicate that he is warm on 4 schools: Purdue, ND, O$U, Arkansas and that he is "cool" on Tennessee.

It seems a little funny to me that they would have him down as cool on a school and 33% of the "experts" predict he will commit to that school. I'm sure different people involved in each set of data, but you would think that if that many "experts" thought he was going to a school they might show him as warm on the school. BTW, has he visited ND lately? They just show visits to Purdue and O$U and those being a few months ago.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is evenly split between Purdue, Tennessee, & ND.

Below the predictions they indicate that he is warm on 4 schools: Purdue, ND, O$U, Arkansas and that he is "cool" on Tennessee.

It seems a little funny to me that they would have him down as cool on a school and 33% of the "experts" predict he will commit to that school. I'm sure different people involved in each set of data, but you would think that if that many "experts" thought he was going to a school they might show him as warm on the school. BTW, has he visited ND lately? They just show visits to Purdue and O$U and those being a few months ago.

The Tennessee vote was from 2016. You can toss it. Purdue still has a 33% chance though, but swap out Tennessee with Arkansas.

Not that OSU can't win it. If Good ol Urb turns on the charm, he could probably snag him. But I have seen little to nothing when it comes to OSU interest on his posts/timeline.

His stock should be rising. He showed well so far this summer and looks to be a very good prospect.

There was an article out in May that said if O$U misses on Ramel Keyton they would be "all in" on Sheffield. They missed on Keyton who committed to Tenn so I assume they are going hard after TJ. My take is could be a 3 horse race of Purdue, ND, & O$U. That is purely a guess on my part though. I would love to get him as he is a great talent. I too hope we see smoke signals soon.

Reactions: boiler800
Looks like Wisconsin for Gibson. Weaver, Bell and Sheffield is all I want.

I wouldn't rule us out for Gibson. It probably is a two horse race though between us and Wisconsin. The upside is, we offer immediate playing time. DT is a huge need and we don't have anybody with the size ready to go right away. Plus he would be playing next to GK and possibly Weaver. I would say Purdue could come in and steal him away. Wisconsin was the clear leader early for sure, but Purdue went all in and have really tried to sell his family. Let's see if it pays off.

I wouldn't rule us out for Gibson. It probably is a two horse race though between us and Wisconsin. The upside is, we offer immediate playing time. DT is a huge need and we don't have anybody with the size ready to go right away. Plus he would be playing next to GK and possibly Weaver. I would say Purdue could come in and steal him away. Wisconsin was the clear leader early for sure, but Purdue went all in and have really tried to sell his family. Let's see if it pays off.

I hope so! Would be a great addition.

By the way did anyone see the IU tweet from bell? Was that a serious recruiting pitch?

There was an article out in May that said if O$U misses on Ramel Keyton they would be "all in" on Sheffield. They missed on Keyton who committed to Tenn so I assume they are going hard after TJ. My take is could be a 3 horse race of Purdue, ND, & O$U. That is purely a guess on my part though. I would love to get him as he is a great talent. I too hope we see smoke signals soon.

Well...if Sheffield picks O$U it will help us with Robinson, wright, or Bell. The buckeyes usually get who they want

I hope so! Would be a great addition.

By the way did anyone see the IU tweet from bell? Was that a serious recruiting pitch?

He actually seemed very pro IU yesterday. It was shocking. Allen making promises on offense is hilarious. He is a defensive minded coach and they have a good defensive class. Purdue has better everything on offense. As a pure football decision it isn't close. But if Purdue lands Wright, Wandale, and TJ, then they may back off. Don't get me wrong, I really want Bell. He is going to be a monster, but WR is where Purdue is stocking up a glut of talent. I don't think they will turn Bell down or fully give up on him unless he says he isn't interested, but they have some other needs that will take priority.

Bell will get his wherever he goes, he is just that good. And he is incredibly good at basketball. One of the best two sport athletes in the nation. Just an elite athlete.

I think IU will get Cam Williams (yes I hope I am wrong, but it is what it is). If IU grabs Bell that would be a problem. Even though Purdue will still have a far superior class. Purdue is already having to break the Iowa pipeline. Going to have to bump IU out again. The Haze was devastating for Purdue football. He is the worst P5 came act in the history of football. Luckily, if there was ever a coach to fix it, it is Brohm. I would gladly go through 8 really bad years if it meant getting one of the best young coaches and a chance at a championship. The Haze lead to us getting CJB, so he does have that going for him. Hopefully CJB can get it bring a championship before even thinking about leaving.

Bell is going to see the IU offense struggle and the team struggle to make a bowl. I am guessing 4- 5 wins. IU is wide open at WR though and he would be the guy. Unfortunately, that means they can double him and scheme against him. That won't work at Purdue. Too many weapons.

I also think Larry Tracy to IU hurts Purdue. He is actively recruiting IU and it seems to be working. I think he will be very good. His cousin, the DB, really helped that Iowa pipeline, so I am hoping he doesn't do the same thing for IU. I think Robbins is overhyped and although he will be good, he won't live up to his high ranking.

Lukcily, CJB has been money at the connecting states, so he has been grabbing really good players. This class is very good, so anything we add now just makes it better. Can't wait for this class to come in and start contributing. Going to be so good!

He actually seemed very pro IU yesterday. It was shocking. Allen making promises on offense is hilarious. He is a defensive minded coach and they have a good defensive class. Purdue has better everything on offense. As a pure football decision it isn't close. But if Purdue lands Wright, Wandale, and TJ, then they may back off. Don't get me wrong, I really want Bell. He is going to be a monster, but WR is where Purdue is stocking up a glut of talent. I don't think they will turn Bell down or fully give up on him unless he says he isn't interested, but they have some other needs that will take priority.

Bell will get his wherever he goes, he is just that good. And he is incredibly good at basketball. One of the best two sport athletes in the nation. Just an elite athlete.

I think IU will get Cam Williams (yes I hope I am wrong, but it is what it is). If IU grabs Bell that would be a problem. Even though Purdue will still have a far superior class. Purdue is already having to break the Iowa pipeline. Going to have to bump IU out again. The Haze was devastating for Purdue football. He is the worst P5 came act in the history of football. Luckily, if there was ever a coach to fix it, it is Brohm. I would gladly go through 8 really bad years if it meant getting one of the best young coaches and a chance at a championship. The Haze lead to us getting CJB, so he does have that going for him. Hopefully CJB can get it bring a championship before even thinking about leaving.

Bell is going to see the IU offense struggle and the team struggle to make a bowl. I am guessing 4- 5 wins. IU is wide open at WR though and he would be the guy. Unfortunately, that means they can double him and scheme against him. That won't work at Purdue. Too many weapons.

I also think Larry Tracy to IU hurts Purdue. He is actively recruiting IU and it seems to be working. I think he will be very good. His cousin, the DB, really helped that Iowa pipeline, so I am hoping he doesn't do the same thing for IU. I think Robbins is overhyped and although he will be good, he won't live up to his high ranking.

Lukcily, CJB has been money at the connecting states, so he has been grabbing really good players. This class is very good, so anything we add now just makes it better. Can't wait for this class to come in and start contributing. Going to be so good!
Just curious if you have any evidence to back up anything you've said? Or are you just twitter stalking and coming to your own conclusions?

Tracy hurts Purdue? Purdue moved on from him and who has he helped them land?

What makes you think Bell cares that Tracy wants him to go to IU?

Twitter. Tracy is pushing IU just as hard as Karliftas is pushing Purdue.

I am not saying Purdue didn't move from Tracy. I am not saying what Purdue has at CB isn't better. I am simply saying that's Tracy is recruiting IU hard. I also really wanted Tracy for that reason. People seem to be gravitated towards him and he has a chip on his shoulder. Could end up being their best '19 recruit to this point. Bell and Cam Williams are on the fence. Tracy could up being the final nudge.

As I said, I don't expect IU to be very good. 4-5 wins looks like the ceiling. Unless they go out and land a top OC, I don't see that changing. Allen is doing a pretty good job with local defensive talent. They didn't take the big step back I expected. Although, I do see them taking a small step back this year, and another the following year. Don't want him to pick up too much momentum there. I still imagine that Purdue is about to go on a huge bucket win streak.

ADVERTISEMENT