ADVERTISEMENT

Tirek Murphy Arrested

Nope. Dont think he'll be kicked off the team (probably not even close to that), put I would imagine he'll get accustomed to the Ross-Aid stairs. Also, not expecting him to see the field for some time.

Reactions: goboilers2
Glad no other teammates were in the car with him. They also all probably said “hell no” when he asked them to go for a spin the night before the game.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I know college kids are immature. But stuff like this really aggravates me. He has a golden opportunity to get playing time, and he does this. Not only that, he hurts the team. Not what I was hoping for from a 4 star...
Hope he doesn't have an addiction. That makes your decisions more cloudy.

Nope. Dont think he'll be kicked off the team (probably not even close to that), put I would imagine he'll get accustomed to the Ross-Aid stairs. Also, not expecting him to see the field for some time.
Yep, I can imagine a multi-game suspension. With 8 game shortened season, not sure if it will be 1 or more.

Does Purdue have a rule (i.e. 3 strike rule)?

Incredibly disappointing. Hopefully a wake up call for the kid and he turns it around.

OMG, somebody please take my keyboard from me.

Are you FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGING kidding me??

"Hold my joint, bros... I'm going to show you how to REALLY "eff up" a golden opportunity in life!"

Sheesh.

Look... and, I just had this conversation with a colleague earlier today ... we all make mistakes. I've made my share. But WHY THE H*LL can't you learn from OTHERS??

He KNOWS there will be random tests.

I have so much more, but ... omigosh.

Young man, get your head screwed on straight RIGHT AFTER you get it out of your @ss.

Not a great way to start your Purdue career...

Out at 1am prior to game day. Not a smart move...

Could have used a scholie on a young man down South that is catching coaches ATTN in a good way.
In this case, he has strike 1 against him before game one is played. Big mistake! Makes me wonder if we wasted a scholarship. Everyone makes a mistake. Hope he learns from it vs repeats it. Time will tell if he can turn it around.

• Haha
Reactions: wakeman2626
If Indiana would get its collective head out of its A** and legalize it like everyone else, he wouldn't have been arrested at least (although partying at 1am before a game still would be a team issue)...
Was he even dressing to begin with? If he was set to dress for the game, he would have been at the team hotel. If not, he would have been on his own

Could have used a scholie on a young man down South that is catching coaches ATTN in a good way.
In this case, he has strike 1 against him before game one is played. Big mistake! Makes me wonder if we wasted a scholarship. Everyone makes a mistake. Hope he learns from it vs repeats it. Time will tell if he can turn it around.
please

stop

This sh*t is getting old.

Yeah, kudos to iu for offering him a schollie, amirite

edit: wouldn’t be shocked if yer boy smoked too

Yeah, kudos to iu for offering him a schollie, amirite

edit: wouldn’t be shocked if yer boy smoked too
I didn’t say they offered him. I also won’t slander him either. Brief reading I had regarding family was that they are good people.
If I were to judge character + performance right now, I know who should have got that scholarship.
Prove me wrong Tirek Murphy. Ball is in his court!

If Indiana would get its collective head out of its A** and legalize it like everyone else, he wouldn't have been arrested at least (although partying at 1am before a game still would be a team issue)...
Mat be so, maybe not. It's legal in IL to have 30 gms in your possession but have been in violation because it was "open" in his vehicle and the smell was present. Over here you but it in a sealed container from a dispensary and cannot open the container until you arrive home.

I didn’t say they offered him. I also won’t slander him either. Brief reading I had regarding family was that they are good people.
If I were to judge character + performance right now, I know who should have got that scholarship.
Prove me wrong Tirek Murphy. Ball is in his court!
A team full of choir boys won’t win anything.

Mat be so, maybe not. It's legal in IL to have 30 gms in your possession but have been in violation because it was "open" in his vehicle and the smell was present. Over here you but it in a sealed container from a dispensary and cannot open the container until you arrive home.

Hitting up my first Illinois dispensary Sunday

We must be a party school now because I just read that one of our Purdue Pete’s was arrested at the McDonald’s on Stadium for being drunk and fighting.

A team full of choir boys won’t win anything.
Why are being a responsible student athlete and a great athlete mutually exclusive? We have had a lot of guys in basketball and football that we can and have won big with that have never gotten in trouble and did what was expected of them.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Purdue85
please

stop

This sh*t is getting old.
Nothing is old about a player charged with 30 grams possession. That is headed toward a wasted scholarship in a hurry if the young man doesn't change ways, and that leads to my point...someone else could have used it and valued it more. Time will tell.

Why are being a responsible student athlete and a great athlete mutually exclusive? We have had a lot of guys in basketball and football that we can and have won big with that have never gotten in trouble and did what was expected of them.
A team full of punks = The U
We'll see how this settles out in time.
Curious your thoughts on vinny and Stu then

Nothing is old about a player charged with 30 grams possession. That is headed toward a wasted scholarship in a hurry if the young man doesn't change ways, and that leads to my point...someone else could have used it and valued it more. Time will tell.
The "young man down South" shouldn't have gotten a scholarship, and clearly would have been wasted if he had.

The end.

Reactions: nat100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT