ADVERTISEMENT

The Life and Times of Jack Plummer

Plummer is nowhere near NFL caliber. Not going to act like I've followed closely, but from what I can tell, he's hit a few huge plays to the speedster Thrash and otherwise not been that great. Does seem to be using his legs more effectively though.

Reactions: pboiler18
I was surprised Brohm wanted Jack in Louisville, but Louisville is 5-0 so it’s working out.

Jack struggled tonight and a couple other games, but the defense held up. Curious how Jack fares the rest of the season.

Notre Dame next week, Duke, Miami, Kentucky upcoming all look to be tough games.

I always liked Jack when he was at Purdue.

He put up some big numbers at California last year. He played absolutely horrible last night though. He wasn't making reads, he made throws he should have made, etc.

Hopefully, it was a bad night, but it will be interesting to see how they do against Notre Dame next week. For them to have a chance in that game, he has to do a 180 compared to last night or that game could be a blowout.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

He put up some big numbers at California last year. He played absolutely horrible last night though. He wasn't making reads, he made throws he should have made, etc.

Hopefully, it was a bad night, but it will be interesting to see how they do against Notre Dame next week. For them to have a chance in that game, he has to do a 180 compared to last night or that game could be a blowout.
If Brohm had a better QB I think Louisville would have a legitimate chance at winning the ACC. Plummer is barely serviceable.

They’ve gotten incredibly lucky…even in the IU game. Something we seemingly couldn’t get while Plummer and Brohm were here. I don’t wish ill will on either and am still a Brohm fan. They are benefiting from a light schedule at this point though.

Reactions: SKYDOG

I personally was amazed at how the ville's DLine ( which looks undersized) handled nd's Bigs

I was surprised Brohm wanted Jack in Louisville, but Louisville is 5-0 so it’s working out.

Jack struggled tonight and a couple other games, but the defense held up. Curious how Jack fares the rest of the season.

Notre Dame next week, Duke, Miami, Kentucky upcoming all look to be tough games.
Jack had another tough game this season, yesterday against Pitt. They pressured him a lot and he threw 2 picks and fumbled twice (1 lost). The 3 turnovers were all in the red zone.

Beat ND and lose to Pitt. Reminds me of the Purdue 2018, OSU and the following game @MSU.

Jack had another tough game this season, yesterday against Pitt. They pressured him a lot and he threw 2 picks and fumbled twice (1 lost). The 3 turnovers were all in the red zone.

Beat ND and lose to Pitt. Reminds me of the Purdue 2018, OSU and the following game @MSU.
Lots of those during Brohm tenure. In his defense, Tiller did a lot of the same. Shoot, every Purdue coach has seemed good at losing winnable games.

Reactions: SKYDOG
The ACC championship game was hard to watch. Jack did not have a good game and a couple key drops that should have been catches didn’t help, nor some missed PI calls.

Louisville defense was playing well and had a ton of momentum after they tackled the FSU punter and got the ball in the red zone, down by 4. Jack threw a pick in the end zone.

After the pick, it crumbled for Jack. He looked rattled. In 3 drives: intentional grounding, 5 sacks, etc. I’ve seen that look before back at Purdue.

After tonight, he’s 19-20 as a starter/majority of snaps and I included his best performance in wins.

5-9 W-L @ Purdue. Maryland 2019.
4-8 W-L @ Cal. Arizona 2022.
10-3 W-L @ Louisville. Boston College 2023.

Reactions: SKYDOG and z_one
The ACC championship game was hard to watch. Jack did not have a good game and a couple key drops that should have been catches didn’t help, nor some missed PI calls.

Louisville defense was playing well and had a ton of momentum after they tackled the FSU punter and got the ball in the red zone, down by 4. Jack threw a pick in the end zone.

After the pick, it crumbled for Jack. He looked rattled. In 3 drives: intentional grounding, 5 sacks, etc. I’ve seen that look before back at Purdue.

After tonight, he’s 19-20 as a starter/majority of snaps and I included his best performance in wins.

5-9 W-L @ Purdue. Maryland 2019.
4-8 W-L @ Cal. Arizona 2022.
10-3 W-L @ Louisville. Boston College 2023.
I was flippin between the 2 games, as far as missed PI calls, that #8 for fsu could have been called 2 maybe 3 X's, he had his off hand around the waist on one then on a long pass he was clutching and grabbing. The color announcer goes I guess they are going to let me be handsy tonight, anytime we do that theirs rags all over the field. Plummer going 13 - 32 for 98 yds didn't do them any favors, then after the game he ran directly to the locker room

I was flippin between the 2 games, as far as missed PI calls, that #8 for fsu could have been called 2 maybe 3 X's, he had his off hand around the waist on one then on a long pass he was clutching and grabbing. The color announcer goes I guess they are going to let me be handsy tonight, anytime we do that theirs rags all over the field. Plummer going 13 - 32 for 98 yds didn't do them any favors, then after the game he ran directly to the locker room
Plummer and Louisville had so many chance to win the game against fsu last night. But choked as usual. We’ve all seen it before.

I have To believe the fact that Louisville could have and should have beaten fsu is what cost fsu their chance to play in the playoffs. And also ESPN wanted an SEC team no matter what their record was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT