ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

I love sports but am not going to get bent out of shape over the Music City Bowl. if this was the NC game I might be losing my mind.

Have to admit that shot from Edwards a few years ago had me swearing up a storm - lol
Was in the YUM center that night, and the Vols fans next to us couldn’t have been nicer.

Reactions: purduepat1969
No whistle but rules don’t apply when the ACC is involved.
200.gif

Reactions: boilercss
That was a terrible call. He never touched the ground before the whistle
Forward Progress
ARTICLE 2. Forward progress is a term indicating the end of advancement
by the ball carrier or airborne pass receiver of either team and applies to the
position of the ball when it became dead by rule (Rules 4-1-3-a, b and p;
Rules 4-2-1 and 4; and Rule 5-1-3-a Exception) (A.R. 5-1-3-I-VI and A.R.
8-2-1-I-IV) (Exception: Rule 8-5-1-a, A.R. 8-5-1-I).

Congratulations guys. I eat my words from the first quarter for sure. And they taste horrible.
That was so much fun. Good job keeping it classy unlike some of those other asshats. You're alright in my book.

Great game! Didn’t go my way but it was really entertaining. You guys have a never quit team and will do great next year. Enjoyed all but the ending. Would love to play y’all again down there road. Best of luck next year and when they aren’t playing UT go boilermakers!

LMAO, this part of Purdue's rebuilding. We only get better from herI will give props to Purdue though. This has been a fantastic game and entertaining. Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me and get too into it. I apologize.
FYP, good game.
Good game refs. What a load of shit that forward progress call was. I hate that such a good game came down to the refs making such an awful call. Purdue’s fullback wouldn’t have ran for any yards had they called forward progress as fast as they did there. I’ll give Purdue a lot of credit. They played well. Just hate how the refs took the game into their hands there at the end.

Reactions: mathboy
Well when the refs indicate forward progress, the defense relaxes. So what if he reached after that? I do agree with the UT fan that said it should not have comedown to the refs deciding the game.

To the UT guys that think this might have gone differently, there is no certainty. Let’s say they counted that UT touchdown. If we are revising history then I can claim we would have come back and scored a TD too, and then, successfully went for two, thus winning anyway.

Good game refs. What a load of shit that forward progress call was. I hate that such a good game came down to the refs making such an awful call. Purdue’s fullback wouldn’t have ran for any yards had they called forward progress as fast as they did there. I’ll give Purdue a lot of credit. They played well. Just hate how the refs took the game into their hands there at the end.
Maybe UT shoulda just taken the FG and not taken the chance of not getting the TD, or having a bad call go against them... roll the dice enough times, and eventually they'll come up against you... just a thought.

Well when there’s indicates forward progress, the defense relaxes. So what if he reached after that? I do agree with the UT fan that said it should not have comedown to the refs deciding the game.

To the UT guys that think this might have gone differently, there is no certainty. Let’s say they counted that UT touchdown. If we are revising history then I can claim we would have come back and scored a TD too, and then, successfully went for two, thus winning anyway.
They had two chances to kick a field goal and didn't. played with fire, got burned. We've been on the other end of WAY worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT