ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Should be a penalty. Strange that the Vol fans are pointing to that missed call.
Level of intelligence that’s all I got to say about that lol as soon as I saw him pulling the player I wondered what the Hells going on with the officials. But then I remembered they’ve been letting Tennessee hold all day long so why would they call the right call now… It’s just cute watching the Tennessee fan not even understand the rules and think they’re getting screwed when they’re doing the screwing lol funny as hell

one of brohm's best coaching games ever. I believe without GK and Bell and Wright, Brohm made some calls he might normally not have made. He didn't play it close to the vest. he made some gutsy decisions. and it worked. hat's off to our offensive and defensive lines. Our offensive line has been bad mouthed for the past decade. They gave AOC the time to throw and also created a couple of holes on the goal line. and our defensive line without gk played their hearts out. They made the stop when they had to. a huge win for brohm, purdue and the players on the field.

WTF? You don't think that happened to us??? We were down 4 OL prior to the beginning of the season. And at least 2 wide receivers. Give me a break...
You saying you were down 6 players. We were down 16 players all year. 16-6=10 bro gimme a break. I can't say poor purdue after yall being given the W tonight.

Na they just followed the rules.
You know that's bullshit. Y'all may have still won if they had called it right. About like y'all may have still won if the holds and pi's y'all committed the entire game had been called. Or if the ball had actually been spotted correctly the entire game. They didn't follow the rules the entire 60 minutes that game was played.

You know that's bullshit. Y'all may have still won if they had called it right. About like y'all may have still won if the holds and pi's y'all committed the entire game had been called. Or if the ball had actually been spotted correctly the entire game. They didn't follow the rules the entire 60 minutes that game was played.

southpark-cartman.gif

Crybaby alert.

Learn the rules goof…you cannot pull/assist a player with the ball to make forward progress… The only blowing cold that way it was the official not throwing a flag on the Tennessee player. Learn the rules or quit commenting on the game
If they had thrown a flag on that then that would have negated anything we could say. But since the entire situation was handled the way it was handled then it's cheating. But cheating had been going on the entire game and I don't know why we have to pick just this one to talk about.

Learn the rules goof…you cannot pull/assist a player with the ball to make forward progress… The only blowing cold that way it was the official not throwing a flag on the Tennessee player. Learn the rules or quit commenting on the game
For the record I’m a Purdue fan

So, our players are total trash to fans who marry their sisters, just because of a call they did not like? Interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BSIT
So, our players are total trash to fans who marry their sisters, just because of a call the did not like? Interesting.
Last I checked my wife isn’t my sister. What you got to look forward to in Indiana? Corn? Tornadoes? Lame. Can’t wait for Hoosier Basketball!

There were blown calls on both sides of the ball all game long. It is part of the game. A superior team, with superior athletes, and SEC speed, would not have been affected by refs. We heard all week that we were going to lose by three TDs to this superior speed and superior strength. I just got into a Twitter battle with a Vols fan whining about the pass interference calls. The simple fact is that the Vol defender played the ball and not the receiver, so the calls were right. The Tennessee superior speed/strength/condition athletes clearly did not have superior skills, intelligence, or coaching.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
You saying you were down 6 players. We were down 16 players all year. 16-6=10 bro gimme a break. I can't say poor purdue after yall being given the W tonight.
You're a complete and utter moron. And a horrible loser. What if UT were down six top starters they played with the last regular season game they played? Think that might change how effective your team was???

I’m a 2013 grad and I’ll say this now. This year had a different feeling in the air. The Michigan State tailgate and even the bucket game was electric with fans. Even brought my IU fan and he said “damn, full stadium for the bucket?”. We have a lot to be excited about. Thanks for stopping by UT. Was a lot of fun. Like the sweet 16…

And WHY was tennessee below the scholarship limit? Gee, couldn't have anything to do with the NCAA violations committed by the prior staff, could it? Dumba$$.

I’m a 2013 grad and I’ll say this now. This year had a different feeling in the air. The Michigan State tailgate and even the bucket game was electric with fans. Even brought my IU fan and he said “damn, full stadium for the bucket?”. We have a lot to be excited about. Thanks for stopping by UT. Was a lot of fun. Like the sweet 16…

Going from 2 to 9 wins it feels like were on the precipice of a very special era. I think we parlay this win into preseason #14. Big ass opener vs PSU to start it off labor day weekend.

Last I checked my wife isn’t my sister. What you got to look forward to in Indiana? Corn? Tornadoes? Lame. Can’t wait for Hoosier Basketball!
Commenting on this reply is like spiking a volley ball on a 4ft net. ... I’ll just simply say we got a good basketball team too. Boiler up!

If they had thrown a flag on that then that would have negated anything we could say. But since the entire situation was handled the way it was handled then it's cheating. But cheating had been going on the entire game and I don't know why we have to pick just this one to talk about.
If your coach didn’t make some bonehead calls at the end of regulation, you probably would have won the game and this play( which was called correctly) wouldn’t have mattered.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Forward Progress
ARTICLE 2. Forward progress is a term indicating the end of advancement
by the ball carrier or airborne pass receiver of either team and applies to the
position of the ball when it became dead by rule (Rules 4-1-3-a, b and p;
Rules 4-2-1 and 4; and Rule 5-1-3-a Exception) (A.R. 5-1-3-I-VI and A.R.
8-2-1-I-IV) (Exception: Rule 8-5-1-a, A.R. 8-5-1-I).

Plus the other Tennessee player was pulling on him. Pushing is legal, pulling is not.

Hmmmm…given? Learn the RULES 1977VOL…no one was given anything except your lineman who illegally assisted your RB to try ti get him in the end zone…good thing the officials got the first call right because they blew that one on top of the dozen or so PI’s that somehow they just couldn’t see

Damn, your arse is RED/ORANGE…you just came out of the gate showing how goofy you are…maybe it is BURNT ORANGE…back to your board!!!

Last edited:
no, the pulling by the other Tennessee player was illegal. No TD, you lose.

At first I thought the one UT player was trying to take a poop on the goal line, but as everyone has pointed out, he is illegally pulling on the running back, thus making it look like he’s trying to take a crap. Who knows? Maybe he’s multitasking and trying to do both, but one thing is clear, he was illegally aiding the running back. I haven’t seen one UT fan arguing that the forward progress was called wrong, also argue that there should have been a flag on the UT player. They want the play called correctly, so shouldn’t they want the penalty on that also?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT