ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgate or Bars for Mizzou pre-game?

Jul 3, 2015
Hello All,

We have a group of about 12 coming up for the Purdue game next month (can't believe it's only a month away) and was just curious of the tailgating options around Campus.

Do we need a parking pass or are there public lots?

Are the tailgating scenes worth it, or does it make more sense just to go to bars?

I prefer tailgating over bars, but I've been to some places where tailgating isn't a big thing...

Appreciate any help! We like to hand out beers, so if you are going to the game, and see a big Mizzou tent, stop on by.

PS: Thanks for the ass kicking last year. Hopefully we make it a bit more competitive this year.

Tailgating for sure, IMO. You don’t need a pass, you can just pay $20 to tailgate at the intramural fields when you get there.

Tailgating for sure, IMO. You don’t need a pass, you can just pay $20 to tailgate at the intramural fields when you get there.

Thanks for the response. How early do you have to get there in order to make sure you get a spot?

We are debating on coming up Friday night, or leaving Saturday morning really early from St. Louis

Thanks for the response. How early do you have to get there in order to make sure you get a spot?

We are debating on coming up Friday night, or leaving Saturday morning really early from St. Louis
The IM lots are the only lots left with space for that game so I suspect they will get pretty full but not until late afternoon. Folks I know coming up for the game from StL are leaving early Saturday.

I think the IM lots open 8 hours before kickoff. The early arrivers get pushed out farther away from the stadium and the closer to kickoff, the closer they park you. At most 1/4 mile from stadium. Very easy access off 231 to 350W. Nice grass and room to set up tents. People get down and friendly to visitors. Except IU fans.

I think the IM lots open 8 hours before kickoff. The early arrivers get pushed out farther away from the stadium and the closer to kickoff, the closer they park you. At most 1/4 mile from stadium. Very easy access off 231 to 350W. Nice grass and room to set up tents. People get down and friendly to visitors. Except IU fans.

Thanks for the info. We will probably get there by noon eastern time. The past month we have been planning this I have been thinking the game started at 6:30. It starts at 7:30 eastern time. I am a moron

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT