ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the court

You know it’s coming maybe here with seconds left

Genuinely concerned about our player safety as 17k jacked up, amped up, 12 pack of mountain dew chugging Hoos storm the court in meth bliss jubilation to salvage the past 20 years

Congrats Hoosiers

They say you learn more from your losses or failure than victories… for this team to fight back from 15 down at the half speaks for itself after the just wretched first half.

I like this team’s chances from here on out… no matter what happens will enjoy the ride
btw, gonna maybe be a lot of baby candy stripes born in about 9 months, jeebus help us all.
Well said. We "needed" to lose one (I HATE that statement, but I've seen too many undefeated on once defeated teams lose early in their end-of-season tournamnents". I definitely like the way we played the second half. Our young'uns learned a lot and I think our senior citizens learned some things. I agree ... ONWARD!!!!

embarrassing to IU maybe, but complimentary to Purdue particularly with Purdue having a bad first half. It is what it is though...and IU played a better 40 minutes than Purdue. I hope I can see what happened early in the game that "may" have set the tone since I was stuck waiting on the Tenn game to FINALLY finish.
I think it’s more of the younger generation thinking the need to “show off, or try to be part of” the celebration. After so many meetings, neither program should be storming against each other unless it’s a FF of better game.
We got you all today, you’ll get us another day. That’s the rivalry. To me, it’s more disrespectful to the opposing team to not storm the court (act like you’ve been here before).

I said in another thread that Purdue is going to struggle with physical guard play - and people dismissed it. (shrugs)
Physical play allowed wherever it takes place enhances the less skillful play where ever that happens. IU has an old team that had size and strength and shot well early, but maybe if Purdue doesn't go to the floor early looking for a call Purdue does a bit better the first half.

Purdue missed FTs and gave teh ball away the first half...lost poise that I didn't expect. Second half IU had the same guards...same strength...same size and Purdue executed better...partially due to not getting sped up due to the physical D, but remaining calmer. Still PUrdue drops a few more FTs first half and who knows where Purdue is with 4 minutes left? Quite simply IU played well for 40 minutes and Purdue struggled partially in the first 20.

When you see Larry doing a game, it usually is a bit more physical. Purdue didn't handle it well as they didn't last year.

Last edited:
Seriously... and asking because i do not know; why in the holy F, is Vitale such a Hoo slobbering foo? The guy literally jizzes in his pants at any opp

Him: "TJD, you bet he's gonna make an NBA ROSTER BAY BEE, JUST LOOK AT THAT (SWEAT) GLISTENING MOVE"

HIM again, but this time in the first half re: Edey. "He's gonna be a solid bench player, gonna contribute for somebody."

JFC

and STFU you Knight slobbering hack

Physical play allowed wherever it takes place enhances the less skillful play where ever that happens. IU has an old team that had size and strength and shot well early, but maybe if Purdue doesn't go to the floor early looking for a call Purdue does a bit better the first half.

Purdue missed FTs and gave teh ball away the first half...lost poise that I didn't expect. Second half IU had the same guards...same strength...same size and Purdue executed better...partially due to not getting sped up due to the physical D, but remaining calmer. Still PUrdue drops a few more FTs first half and who knows where Purdue is with 4 minutes left? Quite simply IU played well for 40 minutes and Purdue struggled partially in the first 20.

When you Larry doing a game, it usually is a bit more physical. Purdue didn't handle it well as they didn't last year.
I am worried for March. The guard play has to improve, and not by a little.

Reactions: Mobes
Holy SHT, am not even kidding gonna try and link a Facebook post where some Hoos down there just fired up a couch (like for real, Kentucky-style. Holy sht, you cant make this up_

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
That's the point. Purdue beats iu all the time in Mackey and don't storm the court. I can't remember last year, did iu storm the court last year too? Pretty funny.
Respectfully, I think you’re missing the point, and it’s a complementary point for Purdue.

It’s not just a rivalry game, Purdue was 21–1, and number one in the country going into the game! When Zeller and Oladipo were beating the piss out of the Johnson brothers Purdue team the shoe was on the other foot.

I guess we need to get used to the court storming. We had at least two least last year -- Rutgers and IU. I'm thinking there may have been one more.

Congratulations. Several people said the same thing. No one dismissed it. But congratulations anyway.
Actually it is "physical perimeter (1-3) play" with "length" and a slow whistle. A tightly called game or even less length and it isn't quite the problem. In three weeks the same players will play and we will have a chance to see if the youth adjust between now and then.

just as you said: learn from it.

One of the very few times our freshmen backcourt - heck the whole team save Zach played "shook" in that first half
When you play a arch rival at any time you have to come with your A game the first half was shaky both offensively and defensively they regrouped in the second half but IU had just enough to hold on. Will see a different game at Purdue

Reactions: tjreese
That's the point. Purdue beats iu all the time in Mackey and don't storm the court. I can't remember last year, did iu storm the court last year too? Pretty funny.
When was the last time Purdue beat Indiana when #1? Sorry but last time Indiana was #1 and went played at Mackey....

Loyer and Fletcher: 5 for 20 from the field.o
ummm, i try and not ever go around correcting another man's work but to quote Fargo... : "I don't necessarily agree with your detective work there Lou."

For some reason, and I dunno why but "fletcher" and Loyer" might... and this is a big MAYBE... but kinda thinking maybe they just maybe, might n be the same person?

Next 12 pack of code red Dew is on me!

Reactions: Tommaker
ummm, i try and not ever go around correcting another man's work but to quote Fargo... : "I don't necessarily agree with your detective work there Lou."

For some reason, and I dunno why but "fletcher" and Loyer" might... and this is a big MAYBE... but kinda thinking maybe they just maybe, might n be the same person?

Next 12 pack of code red Dew is on me!
Fletcher and Loyer Law Office

Roles reversed and Purdue fans storm the court too.

And as far as I am concerned, Purdue is still the number 1 team in the country.

Actually it is "physical perimeter (1-3) play" with "length" and a slow whistle. A tightly called game or even less length and it isn't quite the problem. In three weeks the same players will play and we will have a chance to see if the youth adjust between now and then.
The real test is in 5 weeks.

who knows

just like your last seaons predictions that Newman was transferring per the premium page = as guaranteed. And you doubled..no tripled down on it. Look man, most of us have "hot takes' on these boards and thats ok. But to actually doble or triple down on speculative?

Well, then, I am indeed your huckleberry bro

So if you've got any more "lead pipe" rock solid guarantees... particularly on the S&P500, fcn sign me up

We might have to root for IU Tuesday? No.
It's at the Den of Vipers!!! Let's hope IU isn't still on the court so they can practice and the celebration of Purdue's loss is over. That game at IU is huge. I just hope the gym lasts long enough that they play it there and don't have to go somewhere else

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT