ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the court

Jan 25, 2011
You know it’s coming maybe here with seconds left

Genuinely concerned about our player safety as 17k jacked up, amped up, 12 pack of mountain dew chugging Hoos storm the court in meth bliss jubilation to salvage the past 20 years

Congrats Hoosiers

They say you learn more from your losses or failure than victories… for this team to fight back from 15 down at the half speaks for itself after the just wretched first half.

I like this team’s chances from here on out… no matter what happens will enjoy the ride
btw, gonna maybe be a lot of baby candy stripes born in about 9 months, jeebus help us all.

hilarious, they stormed the court? WTF? Even the announcers questioned it by saying “Whatare they doing? They are Indiana?”. it just shows how far they have fallen I guess.
Yeah, even Dickie V... one of the ultimate "old school" homers of IU ( why again, like what are his ties? are him and "the general" golfing and hunting buddies? sauna friends?) to perhaps only Duke, said, "that's the best half I've seen IU play" at the half.

Those students don’t know anything about having a good team. IU has been a nothing team for years. Their team just beat a Purdue team that they KNOW has been great all their lives. I’m not surprised they hit the floor.

Yeah, even Dickie V... one of the ultimate "old school" homers of IU ( why again, like what are his ties? are him and "the general" golfing and hunting buddies? sauna friends?) to perhaps only Duke, said, "that's the best half I've seen IU play" at the half.
Sauna friends lmao 🤣

You know it’s coming maybe here with seconds left

Genuinely concerned about our player safety as 17k jacked up, amped up, 12 pack of mountain dew chugging Hoos storm the court in meth bliss jubilation to salvage the past 20 years

Congrats Hoosiers

They say you learn more from your losses or failure than victories… for this team to fight back from 15 down at the half speaks for itself after the just wretched first half.

I like this team’s chances from here on out… no matter what happens will enjoy the ride
btw, gonna maybe be a lot of baby candy stripes born in about 9 months, jeebus help us all.
I'll go out on a limb and say that's the last time Smith and Loyer will lose at Assy. Hall. That bad taste will be an impetuous for the next 3 years.

Sauna friends lmao 🤣
Seriously though, not even trying to throw shade
why does Dickie V slobber on IU so much?

Can't even contain his enthusiasm, which is fine in some manner, prefer that to fake ass people pretending

It's seriously analogous to Gus Johnson's fellating of Ohio State. Pardon me, the, "WORLD FAMOUSE OHIO STATE"

just as you said: learn from it.

One of the very few times our freshmen backcourt - heck the whole team save Zach played "shook" in that first half
My fear that an athletic rather than skill whistle would be in effect on the perimeter. IU was much more physical busting through screens and bodying up playesr. There size, age and strength on the perimeter was big. I have no idea what happened early since ESPN was screwing around in the Tenn game with stoppage and comercials that set the environment where Purdue lost their poise...even shooting FTs...

Two years in a row Purdue handed the game to IU due to bing physical and aggressive on teh perimeter. Also think it is four games in a row IU has got in a confrontation with someone on the other team.

My fear that an athletic rather than skill whistle would be in effect on the perimeter. IU was much more physical busting through screens and bodying up playesr. There size, age and strength on the perimeter was big. I have no idea what happened early since ESPN was screwing around in the Tenn game with stoppage and comercials that set the environment where Purdue lost their poise...even shooting FTs...

Two years in a row Purdue handed the game to IU due to bing physical and aggressive on teh perimeter. Also think it is four games in a row IU has got in a confrontation with someone on the other team.
I said in another thread that Purdue is going to struggle with physical guard play - and people dismissed it. (shrugs)

Just no class imo you didn't really win anything yet
Well hell; we have five National Championships

And we won today.

No one has won anything yet this year, but today was a good game and the students were having fun.

College basketball is fun! And that was a fun game no matter who won; even more fun when my alma mater won. But a great watch nonetheless. The game at Mackey will be fun too.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
I said in another thread that Purdue is going to struggle with physical guard play - and people dismissed it. (shrugs)

They struggled with fouling physicality of guards all season in wins and losses. If the refs won't call it on the perimeter, then yes we struggle even more.

But the TOs and FTs cost us the game today. Granted some of the TOs were a result of physicality...but some were just being young or careless....or both.

Congratulations. Several people said the same thing. No one dismissed it. But congratulations anyway.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/seth-davis-comment.239812/post-3672646

Try again.

Purdue is ranked 235/363 in 3 point % opposing teams are gonna let them shoot. The guards are going to see a ton of pressure come March - full court pressure and traps. The guards in the Big Ten are a notch lower than the cream of the crop on a national level.
BoilerDaddy: Purdue has shot 38% or higher from 3 in seven of the last eight games. I am not worried.

Hell yea you storm the court. I don't care if you're beating Hellen Keller U. Let the kids have fun!

• Haha
Reactions: z_one

I feel ya TJ as was unable too, to see roughly the first 5 minutes as watching like watching the end of the Tenn - AU game was par for the course per ESPN. So when able to finally view, Boilers were already down when coverage shifted.

Agree with you assessment of the past two years. Would like to also add that last year's game in Bloomington was quite POSSIBLY Trevion's worst game of his entire season. It brings me absolute no...zero joy...shame in fact, that last year's game from Williams was so bad that the thought (even briefly) entered my frontal lobe as, "does he have dollars against this one" - of course not but you know. Just such an anamoly, outlier in that one last year, and then Phin...who just is brutal man, like we all know if you pay attention, he was / is BRUTAL as a 3pt shooter -- of course canned that 3

So yeah, agree with you once more in "handed them that one." - god awful at the stripe, turnover MADNESS, let Tjd - BAMBI flex nuts, and yeah

Let this also be a reminder that the Loosiers were what, top 15 pre season? While our Boilers were ...yeah..not even "ranked" lol

One person questioned your statement? And you are bringing it up now? You are certainly the sensitive one. Now post all of the other comments from people who, from the beginning of the season, said that tough, athletic guards will give Purdue trouble.

Sheesh, such a victim.

And it bothered you so much you bookmarked it?!!!

No, it’s pretty stupid actually. Especially considering the rivalry between the two programs, it’s a dogfight more often than not. We’re here to beat each other’s asses, not to storm the court because we came out on top this time. It’s embarrassing quite frankly.
embarrassing to IU maybe, but complimentary to Purdue particularly with Purdue having a bad first half. It is what it is though...and IU played a better 40 minutes than Purdue. I hope I can see what happened early in the game that "may" have set the tone since I was stuck waiting on the Tenn game to FINALLY finish.

Is that what you are bragging about? A game when Purdue got 1 point per three point shot on the road in a hostile environment? Of course that is going to happen to every team on occasion. I’m still not worried.
As I said originally. This team is going to struggle against physical, smart, tough guards. IU's guards aren't even smart. We should be worried.

Big Lols at folks butthurt about those kids storming the court.

If it was other way around and we knocked off top ranked IU at Mackey we would both be ok with our students doing the same thing, and would relish the opportunity on this forum.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
BS. If the roles were reversed, Purdue fans would storm the court. Do I like it? Hell no, But it's a different world today.

That being said, I cannot express how much I appreciate Purdues team and coaching. It was a hell of a game. When my son tweeted me at halftime saying "Hoosiers are dominating", I replied, "it will end up being a game in doubt with a minute to play".

Will take a bet for any amount when IU plays at Mackey. I just need 20 points.

ADVERTISEMENT