ADVERTISEMENT

Painter correct about storming the court.

Inspector100

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2012
People have laughed at CMP's comment that schools need to take more care with this "storming the court" practice. It turns out to be somewhat of a prophecy as there was a near tragedy at Columbus today. Caitlyn Clark was run into by a court storming "student" and knocked to the floor. That is a terrible situation as the college athlete of the year last season was put at a very unnecessary risk. Think of the outcry if she had been hurt, maybe seriously. Conference leaders and NCAA leaders need to get involved immediately to prevent these unfortunate situations that put the athletes at risk. CMP know what he speaks. Could Zake be next?

When AP Poll comes out - for all games featuring top 20 teams playing away, the visiting team has to have security protocol in place to keep fans away from players. No issue with storming but wait 30 seconds after the game to do it.

I'm not sure why anybody would laugh at painters comments on the subject. I certainly have never. It's a real problem.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Let's stay on point, no one is against fans storming and celebrating but the host team must provide safe exit for visiting team and referees.

The storm is innocent now but nefarious actors will begin to crept in and use it to harm opposing teams or referees. May not be now, but it will happen.

Reactions: Tommaker
Let's stay on point, no one is against fans storming and celebrating but the host team must provide safe exit for visiting team and referees.

The storm is innocent now but nefarious actors will begin to crept in and use it to harm opposing teams or referees. May not be now, but it will happen.
And when the lawyers (hired by the ref, player or fan's family that was injured) get the schools representatives on the stand and point out all of the articles, comments and statements made that this was going to happen and they did nothing about it, the overreaction after the millions are paid will be glass walls around the court to protect the participants from the fans.

It's different in football. there's a lot more room to move around in, and the potential to have 88 guys (plus coaches) giving you a serious beat down if you look to take out a player. The BB court is MADE for multiple close contact hit and run. Painter commented that at NW, Gillis had to go back into the crowd to get Smith. Dangerous.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
People have laughed at CMP's comment that schools need to take more care with this "storming the court" practice. It turns out to be somewhat of a prophecy as there was a near tragedy at Columbus today. Caitlyn Clark was run into by a court storming "student" and knocked to the floor. That is a terrible situation as the college athlete of the year last season was put at a very unnecessary risk. Think of the outcry if she had been hurt, maybe seriously. Conference leaders and NCAA leaders need to get involved immediately to prevent these unfortunate situations that put the athletes at risk. CMP know what he speaks. Could Zake be next?
When people storm the court, they reminds me of the rabid rabbits.

being an impartial observer on this, from the different angles it looks like a passive aggressive move on her part. She was upset they lost and just bumped into one of their fans then threw her arms to make it look like worse than it was. This kind of move is seen in some BBall and FBall games where a player walks into another player pretty hard while looking away but you can tell they were sending a subtle message

"Night of the Lepus"? Perhaps Deforest Kelley's penultimate performance.

Addendum: even though the movie is basically "Them".

With rabbits.

I prefer Them! (1954), the better movie and overall cast with James Whitmore, Edmun Gwenn, James Arness ("Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke), and Fess Parker ("Daniel Boone) with the female lead of Joan Weldon.

Night of the Lepus (1972) had Stuart Whitman (a veteran of Westerns and thrillers) with Deforest Kelley (Leonard "Bones" McCoy of Star Trek fame - "Jim, I'm a doctor dammit, not a killer bunny hunter.") Rory Calhoun, and Janet Leigh ("Psycho" babe and mother to Jamie Lee Curtis) along with Paul Fix (who seemingly was in every Western ever made.....haha.....usually as a sheriff, judge, store owner, or politician) - Sheriff Cody in this thriller.

These are classic Saturday Night "B" movie escapes from reality.......good with pizza/popcorn, your favorite beverage, and a lot of laughs.

MV5BOTk3MjlhNDAtMmFkMC00MGJjLWI3OWUtNGQ3NTYwMmM3ZGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2MTk1ODk@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,5,190,281_.jpg
images

Last edited:
I prefer Them! (1954), the better movie and overall cast with James Whitmore, Edmun Gwenn, James Arness ("Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke), and Fess Parker ("Daniel Boone) with the female lead of Joan Weldon.

Night of the Lepus (1972) had Stuart Whitman (a veteran of Westerns and thrillers) with Deforest Kelley, Rory Calhoun, and Janet Leigh ("Psycho" babe and mother to Jamie Lee Curtis) along with Paul Fix (who seemingly was in every Western ever made.....haha.....usually as a sheriff, judge, store owner, or politician) - Sheriff Cody in this thriller.

These are classic Saturday Night "B" movie escapes from reality.......good with pizza/popcorn, your favorite beverage, and a lot of laughs.

MV5BOTk3MjlhNDAtMmFkMC00MGJjLWI3OWUtNGQ3NTYwMmM3ZGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2MTk1ODk@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,5,190,281_.jpg
images
Them! is one of my top 5 all time favorites. GREAT movie.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
the Blob was filmed in a Pa. town called Phoenixville, every year on the anniv of it's filming they do a recreation of the people coming out of the theatre
I think the wildest thing I've heard about that was McQueen was offered a flat salary (something like $3,000?) or a 10% share of the profits. He took the salary and it went on to be the biggest sci fi movie of it's time making a pot-load of $$$.

Northwestern fans did NOT storm the court. I knew they wanted to.

On a more serious note: :)
My favorite '50s B-movies about giant critters.

Them!
Tarantula
Earth vs. the Spider (if you blinked, you missed Clint Eastwood.)
The Black Scorpion
The Giant Gila Monster
The Monster that Challenged the World
The Giant Claw

Loved them when I was a kid, and still do.

Northwestern fans did NOT storm the court. I knew they wanted to.

On a more serious note: :)
My favorite '50s B-movies about giant critters.

Them!
Tarantula
Earth vs. the Spider (if you blinked, you missed Clint Eastwood.)
The Black Scorpion
The Giant Gila Monster
The Monster that Challenged the World
The Giant Claw

Loved them when I was a kid, and still do.
Classics, all of them! Only one you missed was "The Deadly Mantis".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT