ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium renovation question - when to they start rebuilding the upper seats above the tunnel?

Cutting it close. When do they put the seats back above the new tunnel? What is the hold up?

There won’t be any seats above the tunnel. I believe the plan is to have a deck (for lack of a better term) to park the Boilermaker Special during the game. Then, a small area for a group of fans to watch the game together similar to the suites at like a Pacers game.

Here is information on that: https://purduesports.com/news/2023/6/8/general-football-premium-seating-options-announced-for-2023

I read somewhere (not sure the source so it may not be accurate haha) that if they ever add on a second level to Ross-Ade they will use that area above the tunnel as part of that renovation.

TV18 today reported on the readiness of Ross-Ade this Saturday. Saying the “construction” is at the 1 yd line. Readiness will be completed. The only worry they have is if the turf will be able to handle a football game to be played upon it.

Oh. Forgot. Still tickets available.
But the Syracuse game is sold out and I can’t figure out why. Is it Homecoming? Does Syracuse travel that well?

For anyone at the game this Saturday it would be good to hear how everything turned out in person. I like the continued improvement of Ross-Ade. Hope it continues.
Be curious to hear on the stadium. Turf will be fine. Not sure why people think otherwise

Be curious to hear on the stadium. Turf will be fine. Not sure why people think otherwise
I have periodically checked the Ross Ade webcams since the end of last season, and followed the stadium construction. The new turf was just put down about a week-and-a-half ago. It is being watered nightly. I am not an agronomist, so I don’t know if 17 or 18 days will be sufficient for the roots to be tight and not see a lot of slipping and divots once play begins.

Reactions: RossMackey
Field should be fine as reported previously. Stadium looking good.

I have periodically checked the Ross Ade webcams since the end of last season, and followed the stadium construction. The new turf was just put down about a week-and-a-half ago. It is being watered nightly. I am not an agronomist, so I don’t know if 17 or 18 days will be sufficient for the roots to be tight and not see a lot of slipping and divots once play begins.
It's more than enough time. It was thick sod, so they could have played on it 2 days after it was laid. Chiefs laid thick sod and played on it 2 days later for a preseason game. That sod should have been rooted down in 5-7 days as well. If there are issues with the turf, it doesn't have to do with timing of being put down. Purdue also played on it last Friday and seemingly no issues.

Reactions: Purdue80
It's more than enough time. It was thick sod, so they could have played on it 2 days after it was laid. Chiefs laid thick sod and played on it 2 days later for a preseason game. That sod should have been rooted down in 5-7 days as well. If there are issues with the turf, it doesn't have to do with timing of being put down. Purdue also played on it last Friday and seemingly no issues.
Thanks for sharing your expertise with us!!!

Reactions: BoilerN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT