ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation

illiniboiler

All-American
Jun 26, 2001
Might as well since GBI seems to have dropped coverage of our WBB with the season only 8 days away. Bad time with the fan base waning and the team dropping more players. Truthfully Versyp's recruiting could keep her near the top of the BT ( forget national as is true for virtually every BT team. except MD and they seem to be slipping too) but she keeps losing players for a variety of reasons. Had she not lost the players she has over the last two seasons, this team should be a BT contender, but now it is again plagued by severe lack of depth. The front line is almost non-existent, the excellent Harris on an island again. There are a few other good players in Oden. Farquar and McGlaugjlin, but the rest are untested frosh or untested transfers. Basically, we have only four players left with any BT experience. Hard to see how this team can do much. And, sadly, there has been nothing said officially about Cooper tho I suspect she is gone.
Too bad. Those who said this program was listing have had their point proved. GBI is not the only part of Purdue that seems to have little regard for what was once a shining program.

Tc4three I Hope you are right
And my dour perspective is proved wrong.
We shall see. Maybe those good frosh will
Make a significant difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT