ADVERTISEMENT

Sit Davis, Start Mathias/Cline

rasrar

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I think it's pretty evident we need another shooter in there who can space the floor.

To play 34 min and get 0 points just is too much of a liability offensively for us to keep up with great shooting teams like IU.

The question is, is there any way CMP does this?

I think it's pretty evident we need another shooter in there who can space the floor.

To play 34 min and get 0 points just is too much of a liability offensively for us to keep up with great shooting teams like IU.

Really? Dakota Mathias? Shaggy?

He may have to. It's obvious that Ray has to be a two-way player for this team to be at its best, but he's been overwhelmingly inconsistent.

Of course he wont. AJ is the best player on the team.

He doesn't have to "bench" anyone, just reallocate some minutes to more offensively gifted players.

Sure, but to reallocate the time to give Mathias and/or Cline more minutes than Davis is, for all intents and purposes, a benching.

I just don't see it happening, not in Ray D's senior year with not much of the season left. Hope I'm wrong though.

Mathias, Hammons, Swanigan, Cline, and Haas seemed like the guys who weren't playing with a fair amount of anxiety or fear or something spooking them. Edwards loosened up, but way too late. Ray... I wish he could figure out how to get into a flow playing away from home. PJ and Johnny do ok IMO most games, but tonight they were challenged. I liked Kendall's D and his drive/dish, but his outside shot still looked off.

One thing I think based on tonight is that I want more minutes for Mathias. His resolve and lack of fear stood out to me among the non-bigs.

Mathias, Hammons, Swanigan, Cline, and Haas seemed like the guys who weren't playing with a fair amount of anxiety or fear or something spooking them. Edwards loosened up, but way too late. Ray... I wish he could figure out how to get into a flow playing away from home. PJ and Johnny do ok IMO most games, but tonight they were challenged. I liked Kendall's D and his drive/dish, but his outside shot still looked off.

One thing I think based on tonight is that I want more minutes for Mathias. His resolve and lack of fear stood out to me among the non-bigs.
You know you suck when you are asking for more minutes for a guy that couldn't start a high school game.

He's a senior! If he hasn't learned it by now, it's not gonna happen in the final handful of games of his collegiate career.

I love the guy too. Plays with heart, represents the university with class, but his offensive game is just too limited for him to be seeing 30+ min a game.

I'm probably preaching to choir here, but I really think CMP needs to reconsider the current rotation.

He's a senior! If he hasn't learned it by now, it's not gonna happen in the final handful of games of his collegiate career.

I love the guy too. Plays with heart, represents the university with class, but his offensive game is just too limited for him to be seeing 30+ min a game.

I'm probably preaching to choir here, but I really think CMP needs to reconsider the current rotation.
Reconsider? We have like 5 games left. NC or early January you reconsider.

Reconsider? We have like 5 games left. NC or early January you reconsider.
Isn't pretty obvious to the nation now that Ray sucks on the road. Road games over and over with bad O. Duh, play someone else in these instances! Dakota should take these minutes! Let's see first big 10 road game and who hits 2 key 3's? Dakota! Should have been a springboard into this year. But if Dakota or Ryan lately make one mistake guess where they are going? Time to pick splinters out of our booty! Ray passes up way too many shots on the road. But will this change? No because we are settlers and we like moral little victories like erasing a 19 pt lead. Matt has stated that he subs by 'feel" well how has that worked out for ya Matty boy?

Reactions: rjmpu82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT