ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question.....

Nov 30, 2003
After the TN win that got us the FF, players (including CMP) released pent-up cathartic emotions during interviews. I don't need to list examples, as you all know what I am talking about. Does that make us a more "loos" team going forward? Will it make up play better? I think it does. Thoughts?

I said the same thing. And I believe you are right. But you just never know in the tournament. If we hit our three-point shots, I think we beat NC State, perhaps easily. We shall see.

I do feel we will be looser and play freer. The Final 4 lifted a weight off all shoulders, and yes, they want to win it all. But not getting to the F4 would have been a stain against us, now this is all gravy. Fire the 3's up looser and lets win it all.

After the TN win that got us the FF, players (including CMP) released pent-up cathartic emotions during interviews. I don't need to list examples, as you all know what I am talking about. Does that make us a more "loos" team going forward? Will it make up play better? I think it does. Thoughts?
abso-****ing-lutely.

And not just the win, but coming back from 11 down in what, 2-3 minutes? I believe it was around 6:00 and I said to my wife, "we've got to get this down to 6 by halftime" and instead we had the lead again at 2:00 or thereabouts. Unreal comeback against THAT defense. HUGE confidence builder and relaxer moving forward.

Double dose of playing looser imo.

I do think it takes a weight off and should help, but you don’t want to lose the urgency.

All this talk about Purdue possibly losing to another double digit seed after all of this should work as a nice motivating factor, not that Purdue needs one. I still think these guys are laser focused on the ultimate goal.

Weight is off. UConn Purdue final. And to be honest if they play the way they are capable it’s not close. Yes I’m drinking the kool aid. But needed to get past the hump. We did.

Reactions: tjreese
I said the same thing. And I believe you are right. But you just never know in the tournament. If we hit our three-point shots, I think we beat NC State, perhaps easily. We shall see.
Can't count on winning with the three, but if Purdue shoots it well Purdue wins easy...unless Purdue shoots well early and never gets in the grind as a result. I don't think this team like others would do that though.

abso-****ing-lutely.

And not just the win, but coming back from 11 down in what, 2-3 minutes? I believe it was around 6:00 and I said to my wife, "we've got to get this down to 6 by halftime" and instead we had the lead again at 2:00 or thereabouts. Unreal comeback against THAT defense. HUGE confidence builder and relaxer moving forward.

Double dose of playing looser imo.
So Kim says to me...Matt needs a timeout when it was at 11? I said why? What is he going to tell them? I expected her to say to stop the momentum, but she never did. Purdue and Tennessee battled as hard as any game I can remember...and yes, the pressure is "mostly" gone. Hope for a great second half where Purdue shoots well and gets loose for all the marbles

If Purdue who played #1 Arizona in Indy shows up to both games, book it Dano, Nat Champs!

If the TN shooting team shows up it will be a dog fight.

I’m a worrier. I always worry. NC State shouldn’t scare me but they do. Of all the teams in Phoenix, none are playing with more freedom and house money than they are.
They have absolutely nothing to lose at this point and I worry they’ll hit a couple early buckets, get all happy & confident, Purdue misses 2-3 consecutive shots, will get tense, commit a couple stupid TO’s and they’ll go up by double digits before the second TV timeout.

Throw in the fact they’re an 11-seed…

man, I hope I’m so off base here that the Boilers make me look silly for ever doubting them. I do have confidence that CMP will have put together a solid defensive scheme to contain Burns.

I’ve seen some chatter elsewhere that “Purdue (Zach Edey) hasn't seen anyone like DJ Burns”.
Well… yeah they have: Zach played against Trevion Williams in practice for 2 years. Same savvy moves, passing skill and similar body type…. I think ZE will be fine.
Ok, I have talked myself off the ledge. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: Cthreepo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT