ADVERTISEMENT

Sampson James

If anything, I think he’d move down. He hasn’t had a great senior year.
Of course you would say that!!! The kid is a STUD, probably one of the very, very best to EVER come out of this state and you figure out a way to diminish him. Now if he were coming to Purdue, he'd be a mythical 6*, wouldn't he.

That difference is minimal and will be different once the dust settles. Again, which high-end targets are you still in on? Purdue is in on 4 or 5 4* guys that would boost the class. Is IU?
Yes, we are in on a few more.

Of course you would say that!!! The kid is a STUD, probably one of the very, very best to EVER come out of this state and you figure out a way to diminish him. Now if he were coming to Purdue, he'd be a mythical 6*, wouldn't he.
No he’d be a low 4* or high 3*. You are delusional. You never have explained why James suddenly decommitted from OSU and committed to IU. Very odd decision, especially when James sees IU sitting at home again at the end of the season. OSU might be in the Playoff again.

James had a very pedestrian game vs Zionsville. Took him 21 carries to get 100 yards and he was not even the team leading rusher. Never found the end zone in the high scoring game. Then the same weekend decommits and
LMFAO, oh, ok. Urban was PISSED off totally when this went down on Sunday night!!! He clearly got trumped by Tom Allen and the Indiana recruiting team. Ohio State wanted this kid desperately, he could move to a 5* once they evaluate him again.

Based on what? He could not get 5 ypg against Zionsville or Westfield how will he do it against big ten teams?

You do realize stats back up the fact that he's had a worse senior year than junior year right? It's not difficult to see that. And it's laughable to claim he's one of the best to EVER come out of the state. It's simple: His junior year numbers were better than his senior year numbers. Is he a good player? Absolutely and I'd love to have him at Purdue. But he's having a worse season this year than last.

Look, our class is better than your class RIGHT NOW...I'm not surprised that you wouldn't trade your class, I wouldn't trade our class for yours, it's mutual.

Pay attention to the star ranking, IU is clearly ahead of Purdue. We stand at 3.06 on the star grade, you guys are in the 2.9 range.

Must be IU math, how can Purdue be under 3 with no 3 stars? Or are you picking out the most convenient set of rankings for you. Your logic is illogical you are saying all 3 stars are equal. If you are cherry picking rivals scores why don’t you use their ratings instead of stars? Because Purdue hands down smokes Indiana. Maybe you need to tell all the recruiting sites their rankings are wrong based on td75 math.

Must be IU math, how can Purdue be under 3 with no 3 stars? Or are you picking out the most convenient set of rankings for you. Your logic is illogical you are saying all 3 stars are equal. If you are cherry picking rivals scores why don’t you use their ratings instead of stars? Because Purdue hands down smokes Indiana. Maybe you need to tell all the recruiting sites their rankings are wrong based on td75 math.

The rivals ratings use the top 20 commitments for the overall points and Purdue has 5 2* guys. The star rating uses all of the players committed. Once Purdue finishes the class with some higher ranked players, the 2* guys will drop off and the points will look much better. Make sense?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
So Brohm would turn down a top player in the state. A player ranked 172 nationally and 7th at his position for a player from the state of Texas that is not nationally ranked and is ranked 29 spots below James at his position? You don't really believe that do you?
yes

Want to bet whether Purdue or IU will end up with more 4* players this season? Want to bet whether Purdue or IU will finish higher in the recruiting rankings this year? I wouldn’t trade our class for IU’s EVER. We have a better program now and will have a better program years from now. You have a glorified HS coach who acts like seal clapping on the sidelines.

Purdue 72 IU 41 Tie 6

IU hasn’t won a bowl game in 27 years. IU hasn’t won a league or division title since 1967. IU’s all-time record is nearly 200 games below .500. IU hasn’t had a winning season since 2007. Face it, IU football sucks.
Purdue and Indiana suck at football. let's get this straight

Go to the OSU boards, doofus.

LOL pathetic ... OK. I did. And here is said thread on the OSU board where Steve Wiltfong, probably the most respected football recruiting analyst in the nation, states, "Ohio State wanted him. I believe they were surprised."

A member of the Bucknuts staff later chimes in, "I can confirm this."

Or maybe you were looking at the other comment from the staff writer there when he said, "Spoke to someone on OSU side who would know and they said they wanted James but it was his choice to go."

Just take the L you pathological liar.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/120/Contents/Sampson-James-development-123029835/

off the top of my head-

Cameron Williams
Noa Pola-Gates
Kristian Williams
Charles Njoku
Marlin/MJ Devonshire
Cam Williams was going to Purdue for months. If Purdue could take him, he’d already be committed. One huge problem - he won’t likely qualify due to grades and test scores. Iowa is having troubles with him on this too. Does IU have a lower standard than other BIG schools?

Pola-Gates is going to Alabama and if not them an Arizona school. Rivals shows him as Low for IU. Nice try.

K Williams has LSU and Tennessee offers. He seems to like Missouri too. I doubt you get him.

Charles Njoku has been committed to Mizzou since July. Again, nice try.

Devonshire has MSU, OSU, and WVU offers. He’s a WVU lean right now. Uh, they’re ranked. He also likes Penn State but they haven’t offered him. You aren’t getting this guy. Sorry, nice try.

The only guy in your list that IU has a decent chance with right now is K Williams. He seems to want to play in SEC country. You’re just blowing smoke.

congrats on your super bowl
At least Purdue knows what winning bowl games feels like - last year. IU hasn’t won a bowl game in 27 effing years - 1991. IU hasn’t had a winning season since 2007. Purdue - last year. IU has won 3 bowl games in 11 tries. Nice. Purdue has won 10 bowl games in 18 tries.

I’d also relish IU’s nearly 200 games below .500 all-time record and 2 conference titles - the last one in in 1967. You must be proud.

Purdue has 12 conference titles and has .520 win percentage all-time.

We’re not OSU but we’re one hell of a lot better than IU.

BTW, head-to-head:

Purdue 72 IU 41 Tie 6. We own IU

At least Purdue knows what winning bowl games feels like - last year. IU hasn’t won a bowl game in 27 effing years - 1991. IU hasn’t had a winning season since 2007. Purdue - last year. IU has won 3 bowl games in 11 tries. Nice. Purdue has won 10 bowl games in 18 tries.

I’d also relish IU’s nearly 200 games below .500 all-time record and 2 conference titles - the last one in in 1967. You must be proud.

Purdue has 12 conference titles and has .520 win percentage all-time.

We’re not OSU but we’re one hell of a lot better than IU.

BTW, head-to-head:

Purdue 72 IU 41 Tie 6. We own IU

Beating IU is something to hang your hat on that is for sure, like ulrey said they both suck.

Cam Williams was going to Purdue for months. If Purdue could take him, he’d already be committed. One huge problem - he won’t likely qualify due to grades and test scores. Iowa is having troubles with him on this too. Does IU have a lower standard than other BIG schools?

Pola-Gates is going to Alabama and if not them an Arizona school. Rivals shows him as Low for IU. Nice try.

K Williams has LSU and Tennessee offers. He seems to like Missouri too. I doubt you get him.

Devonshire has MSU, OSU, and WVU offers. He’s a WVU lean right now. Uh, they’re ranked. He also likes Penn State but they haven’t offered him. You aren’t getting this guy. Sorry, nice try.

The only guy in your list that IU has a decent chance with right now is K Williams. He seems to want to play in SEC country. You’re just blowing smoke.

You must work the second shift at McDonalds to have the time to look up all this useless information, to know all this is kind of creepy on your part.

Thanks but your opinions-stated-as-facts mean literally nothing, as you continue to prove every time your post. The word of pathological liars is worthless.

Your comment on Njoku is just textbook case in point. Oh, you glanced at his profile and have now determined he must not be interested? He gave an interview on 8/30 about lining up a visit to IU. Pola-Gates is taking an official in January.

And on James/OSU, will you admit you were full of BS? Or too immature?

You are honestly an embarrassment to what is an otherwise pretty pleasant board to talk football on. Boiler1987 asked a question. I answered. Some of us are actually here to discuss football and recruiting rather than feed our superiority complex by making up facts.

Last edited:
You do realize stats back up the fact that he's had a worse senior year than junior year right? It's not difficult to see that. And it's laughable to claim he's one of the best to EVER come out of the state. It's simple: His junior year numbers were better than his senior year numbers. Is he a good player? Absolutely and I'd love to have him at Purdue. But he's having a worse season this year than last.

This probably has zero to do with who is playing with? I have zero idea of who Avon lost last year but it is not uncommon for a teams best player to havea worse year if the talent level around him goes down, especially in football. Look Sampson may not turn out to be anything, but PU would take him in a heartbeat the same as they did Moore when he decommitted. The ignorant bias you guys show over here is unbearable and reinforces what most everyone knows about your fan base.

Last edited:
You must work the second shift at McDonalds to have the time to look up all this useless information, to know all this is kind of creepy on your part.
IU people have trouble with facts and data. When confronted with facts and data they wilt. BTW, IU grads work at McDonalds not Purdue grads. IU grads might actually make shift supervisor at McDonalds.

Thanks but your opinions-stated-as-facts mean literally nothing, as you continue to prove every time your post. The word of pathological liars is worthless.

Your comment on Njoku is just textbook case in point. Oh, you glanced at his profile and have now determined he must not be interested? He gave an interview on 8/30 about lining up a visit to IU. Pola-Gates is taking an official in January.

You are honestly an embarrassment to what is an otherwise pretty pleasant board to talk football on. And on James/OSU, will you admit you were full of BS? Or too immature?
Pola-Gates will likely commit to Alabama when he visits next month.

Has Njoku actually lined up a visit to IU? No. STFU. 8/30 was before the season started. LMAO

This probably has zero to do with who is playing with? I have zero idea of who Avon lost last year but it is not uncommon for a teams best player to havea worse year if the talent level around him goes down, especially in football. Look Sampson may not turn out to be anything, but PU would take him in a heartbeat the same as they did Moore when he decommitted. The ignorant bias you guys show over hear is unbearable and reinforces what most everyone knows about your fan base.
Loosiers are delusional.

Reactions: Purdue85
IU people have trouble with facts and data. When confronted with facts and data they wilt. BTW, IU grads work at McDonalds not Purdue grads. IU grads might actually make shift supervisor at McDonalds.

I'm certainly not "wilt"ing at anything, like I said earlier IU and PU both suck both are considered bottom tier D1 programs. BTW good comeback on the McDonald's joke you got me. lol

Oh can you please supersize my order, I'm hungry.

I'm certainly not "wilt"ing at anything, like I said earlier IU and PU both suck both are considered bottom tier D1 programs. BTW good comeback on the McDonald's joke you got me. lol

Oh can you please supersize my order, I'm hungry.
Comparing Purdue historically with IU just shows your total lack of understanding. IU ranks with programs like Rutgers and Kansas as the all-time worst in history. IU is damn near 200 games BELOW .500 all-time. Purdue is quite a few games above .500 all-time.

Comparing Purdue historically with IU just shows your total lack of understanding. IU ranks with programs like Rutgers and Kansas as the all-time worst in history. IU is damn near 200 games BELOW .500 all-time. Purdue is quite a few games above .500 all-time.

First I never compared IU and PU, saying they both suck is just fact. Comparing would say PU sucks more than IU just so you are aware. Now in my lifetime which spans a few decades PU overall has sucked, not sure the percentages or anything like that (because I don't care) but from a fans perspective they suck.

Hell I live near the Kentucky boarder and if you asked UofL or UK fans about PU they probably had to think long and hard to remember they have a program. Now on to the UofL talk, you guys better hope Bobby P starts winning or it could get interesting for you all in the off season. Now that would definitely let UofL fans know that PU has a program.

I'm sorry, but all this historical trash talk about what happened between IU and Purdue is both annoying and boring.

Is this your reply to everything when you can't think of anything else to add that actually relates to the subject?

off the top of my head-

Cameron Williams
Noa Pola-Gates
Kristian Williams
Charles Njoku
Marlin/MJ Devonshire

I think a big difference between those guys and Purdue’s top remaining targets is the fact that outside of Williams (who is a question mark academically), IU isnt seen as a leader for those guys. Purdue is considered a leader or right near the top for Milton Wright, David Bell, Jalen Graham, and JJ Weaver. Does that mean they’ll land them? Of course not. But the odds are good they’ll land at least a few.

I don't think it's appropriate to brag about possibilities that haven't happened. I'm getting rather sad seeing all of our hopefuls committing elsewhere. It becomes depressing if we totally strike out and don't sign anybody.

I heard that James didn't like the fact that OSU was still recruiting a RB for the 2019 class. OSU doesn't care what a recruit necessarily likes. They over recruit every year. IU got a good back but let's be honest OSU isn't pissed about anything. They move on.....

Remember when purdue was getting these recruits and having 8 and 9 Win seasons? Your whole board wrote us off as a middle of the road big ten team.. when we all know if you got to 8 wins and beat us by 49 you’d be acting like you were the super bowl champs and we were an intramural flag team... you know that right

I missed the part of the terms of service where sister Gertrude came back from the fifth grade to tell me that grammar and essay quality will be scrutinized in my posts. Sorry. Let me call St. Agnes.

Grammar? Re-read my response. I never said anything about grammar. I was simply attempting to comprehend that word-salad post of yours.

I hope you're not wondering why you've been banned so many times.

LMFAO, oh, ok. Urban was PISSED off totally when this went down on Sunday night!!! He clearly got trumped by Tom Allen and the Indiana recruiting team. Ohio State wanted this kid desperately, he could move to a 5* once they evaluate him again.

That's odd. I heard Urban's first response was, "Sampson who?"

RBs like James are a dime a dozen for OSU.

Grammar? Re-read my response. I never said anything about grammar. I was simply attempting to comprehend that word-salad post of yours.

I hope you're not wondering why you've been banned so many times.

Lol dude the only starting shit is you. And that’s what it is.. people who like to start shit but who’ve never challenged Brian not subject to rules that others claim exist. There are no rules here. There are towel snapping knucklegaters and then those subject to the rules ...

The mods are really something to be proud of by the way. Some guy is on here spewing hate speech toward gays for 9 hours straight before his threads are taken down

Lol dude the only starting shit is you. And that’s what it is.. people who like to start shit but who’ve never challenged Brian not subject to rules that others claim exist. There are no rules here. There are towel snapping knucklegaters and then those subject to the rules ...

The mods are really something to be proud of by the way. Some guy is on here spewing hate speech toward gays for 9 hours straight before his threads are taken down
The IU trolls get a luxury here that their pigsty boards don't afford visitors there. If Purdue fans posted crap like IU fans do on here, they'd be banned for life by the fascist moderators on there.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT