ADVERTISEMENT

Said it for years on this board....local talent....

pboiler18

All-American
May 13, 2014
is our key to success...and part of the reason we haven't had a ton of success over the past 8 years was because we couldn't get Indiana kids to stay home.

Tiller's best classes were when we nabbed 5,6,7 of the top 10 in Indiana. I think he had a class in the early 2000s where we grabbed like 8 of the top 10...and in a decent talent year!

Look at some of our best talent on D...Kerrigan, Pollard, Spencer, Neal, Short...all in state kids.

Let's be honest with ourselves...northern and central Indiana kids are going to be the only kids who grow up wanting to play here or having seen our games and coverage semi regularly. That we didn't put a stranglehold on the area with our 2 previous coaches was criminal. I'm ready to start landing the top Indy and N IN talent and Brohm took a big step this weekend!

is our key to success...and part of the reason we haven't had a ton of success over the past 8 years was because we couldn't get Indiana kids to stay home.

Tiller's best classes were when we nabbed 5,6,7 of the top 10 in Indiana. I think he had a class in the early 2000s where we grabbed like 8 of the top 10...and in a decent talent year!

Look at some of our best talent on D...Kerrigan, Pollard, Spencer, Neal, Short...all in state kids.

Let's be honest with ourselves...northern and central Indiana kids are going to be the only kids who grow up wanting to play here or having seen our games and coverage semi regularly. That we didn't put a stranglehold on the area with our 2 previous coaches was criminal. I'm ready to start landing the top Indy and N IN talent and Brohm took a big step this weekend!
Yep. I’ve made this argument for years. I’ll add Okeafor, Colvin, and Terrill to your list.

Oh ,please......Indiana isn't a "hotbed" of talent.....Purdue just doesn't get great talent....regardless of the State.....we're a consistent 4-5 to 7-5 team.....occasionally we get 8-9 wins....but that's really rare.....and 10 wins is a once in a century occasion.... just be happy when we win a game.

Reactions: 70boiler
Oh ,please......Indiana isn't a "hotbed" of talent.....Purdue just doesn't get great talent....regardless of the State.....we're a consistent 4-5 to 7-5 team.....occasionally we get 8-9 wins....but that's really rare.....and 10 wins is a once in a century occasion.... just be happy when we win a game.

Indiana isn't a hot bed. Nobody argued that. We should get our fair share of top local talent tho

I dont think anyone ever argued Indiana doesnt produce talent. Its the law of large numbers though. You only have usually 5-10 high level prospects in the state a year with teams like UM, ND, OSU, PSU all recruiting them. Were not the most attractive program when compared to those schools. Our last 2 4 star football recruits both had previous ties to Purdue.

Reactions: pboiler18
Recruiting IN for basketball is one thing, football is another. There's a reason why tons of skill position players come out of FL, TX and the south.
Every year, IN will have a few really good, 4-5 star recruits but as mentioned earlier, you're fighting the rest of the B10 and ND for them.

The only Talent pool would be in Indy and you know who gets those player's... IU. So Purdue is stuck with D3 player's at best from around the Lafayette area. So they have to recruit out of State. Heck Wabash College gets better recruits than Purdue... dreamers save your money and go to a Little Giants game that's more bang for your buck.
Go Blue

The only Talent pool would be in Indy and you know who gets those player's... IU. So Purdue is stuck with D3 player's at best from around the Lafayette area. So they have to recruit out of State. Heck Wabash College gets better recruits than Purdue... dreamers save your money and go to a Little Giants game that's more bang for your buck.
Go Blue
Hey congrats on the PSU game.
Excellent showing.
Must have been those damn locker rooms again...

Reactions: SKYDOG
Go Blue

I haven't read the PSU vs Meatchicken post game, but just curious to know what was on Hardballs list of complaints this week?
Too much white in the stands?

Go Blue
You're an idiot.

Reactions: boiler800
Go Blue
Clubcar7 feel free to leave now, troll

Indiana is not a terrible state for football talent. We can't fill the roster with kids from Indiana, but we can probably pull 5-10 each year and have decent success with them....especially with this coaching staff. We've had a fair number of 3-star types from Indiana come through and have great success at Purdue including several that play/played in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT