ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie says “IU’s Program is better than this”

It's becoming apparent that our win in Bloomington isn't as good as it seems. Our boys played with poise in a tough environment, but IU is really bad.

That’s just what I said earlier this week. We’d better be ready for Iowa and not too confident because that win isn’t as big as we think. I have not watched Indiana much this season but that is a really bad team right now. Bad as in they are not going to the tournament and the coach may have lost control of the team and be getting fired.

Reactions: rgarlitz
We were up 30 on Iowa at home before we called off the dogs.

Unless they have a horrible shooting performance or Iowa suddenly learns defense. Tomorrow is a win, probably not as big as Indiana, but a win

Reactions: pboiler18
CJ Gunn just elbowed Klesmit in the face, will likely get a flagrant 2 and he’s ejected. If you can’t beat them, get kicked out..
Though IU will never have names on jerseys, they may have penal numbers on the back before seasons end. Woodson has lost all control of these miniscule IQ punks he's brought in. This is on him and a lot of these jerks should run home from Wisky.

IU loses to Wisky by 12 on the road without Ware. Not really the same as losing by 21 at home at full strength.
I’ll say this, wisky was not really on their game tbh, they had 4 bad turnovers in the first five mins that weren’t caused by IU. Gard subbed in the bench and then from there, wisky dominated from about 14 mins left in the first half and on.

IU couldn’t defend and looked lost. Reneau was decent but even then it seemed like the Wisconsin defenders weren’t trying that hard. Storr had an off night for himself. Sparks is a bull in a china shop. Cupps shot his best all year with 7 points in the first half and then …he didn’t take a shot the whole second half…his shot is still broke and he gets blown by on defense. Mack shot it well, but again, was out of position on defense and got blown by as well. X flopped 3-4 times and got the refs to bite on 2 of them. His shot is so broken it is insane how the mechanics are not there.

And then there was the whole Gunn thing…Klesmit was a big instigator but Gunn took the bait and gave him that little, soft elbow and Klesmit sold it. Wisconsin bench played their part well and reacted like Klesmit was knocked out (I’m not even sure he had a red mark on his face). Regardless, Gunn should have kept his cool and if he is going to get his with a F2, he should have at least made it worth it and hit Klesmit harder since Klesmit deserved it.

In the end, Wisconsin could have won by more and they were up by 20 for most of the second half, in a game that they didn’t look great.

IU is really going to fight to make the NCAA Tournament, even if the BT is down this year. Good thing they played a bunch of cupcakes in the pre BT schedule to pad those wins. Their same philosophy in football.

It's becoming apparent that our win in Bloomington isn't as good as it seems. Our boys played with poise in a tough environment, but IU is really bad.

It was apparent to most BEFORE we played them. That's why the line started at -10.5.

To be fair to Gunn.... Max Klesmit is douchey at times and rubbing his sweaty hair and face all over Gunn was kind of creepy. But, it was bait and Gunn was too weak to not throw the elbow. That is on him and to a degree Woodson. So, we'll see how it goes from here. For IU fans, hopefully this was the low point of the season. For us watching like a crash scene... hopefully it gets more spicy. lol Although not really sure I want Woodson fired. He has had slightly better results than their previous coaches but we don't want them to go out and hire a good coach. We don't need that. lololol

CJ Gunn just elbowed Klesmit in the face, will likely get a flagrant 2 and he’s ejected. If you can’t beat them, get kicked out..
Not to defend indinia, but Wisconsin was headbutting him. The elbow was a nothingburger and should have been a cylinder rule on Wisconsin. You just gotta stand there and let some douche headbutt you? Hell no.

Not to defend indinia, but Wisconsin was headbutting him. The elbow was a nothingburger and should have been a cylinder rule on Wisconsin. You just gotta stand there and let some douche headbutt you? Hell no.
Agree. Klesmit and the IU bench acted like he got body slammed and then knocked out. Weeeeak move but a smart one to get Gunn out (not that it would have mattered had he stayed in the game).

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Agree. Klesmit and the IU bench acted like he got body slammed and then knocked out. Weeeeak move but a smart one to get Gunn out (not that it would have mattered had he stayed in the game).
I don't consider it smart though. It's shitty reffing (surprise). Hate seeing utter douchebaggery rewarded.

Reactions: Dryfly88
I would have preferred the ref say he never saw it and played on. Two stupid acts

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
I don't consider it smart though. It's shitty reffing (surprise). Hate seeing utter douchebaggery rewarded.
The problem is that the ref never saw the headwipe, so cylinder rule couldn't be called. Once Klesmit and the Wisky bench went all drama over the death blow, the refs had no choice but to review. At that point, you have an intentional blow (albeit weak) to a players face. Refs have been pretty consistent all year calling F1s for head shots. I think because it was obviously intentional, they elevated it to f2

The problem is that the ref never saw the headwipe, so cylinder rule couldn't be called. Once Klesmit and the Wisky bench went all drama over the death blow, the refs had no choice but to review. At that point, you have an intentional blow (albeit weak) to a players face. Refs have been pretty consistent all year calling F1s for head shots. I think because it was obviously intentional, they elevated it to f2

Accurate description. Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT