ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Dauster with a very good take on the Nojel situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I’m doing it not him and that’s my right you got a problem with it that’s your problem not min

So you want your son to play in the NBA against grown men, but have to get on Twitter and message boards to defend him? I’m sure every NBA player has their mommy defending them on message boards.

You can, but why though? What is the point of doing this? Is this helping your son in any way? No. In fact, you just put a huge target on his back.

Do you see any other Purdue basketball parents on this board? No. I wonder why?
But you on a board giving me flack bcuz I voice my opinion how are you right in what you are doing explain that too me

Just some friendly advice.. Don't overplay the "can't be productive in limited playing time" card around the NBA folks. Unless you are the next LeBron or Jordan, a GM is going to want a young player to contribute in whatever minutes he is given.
I won’t he’ll ahow who he is

But you on a board giving me flack bcuz I voice my opinion how are you right in what you are doing explain that too me
I'm on this board because I'm a Purdue fan/graduate and I don't have a son who is on the basketball team.

Why would you come to this board and talk down to Purdue fans who are fans of your son? Why even come here in the first place? It makes no sense to me. You get yourself worked up for nothing.

Why are worried what he gonna do with his life I didn’t ask you or tell you what’s best for you or tell you what you should do or shouldn’t do. I’m not hiding behind a screen name on a message board saying things about an 18 year who made a decision to go after his dreams but you insist he not good enough WOW this is AMERICA people

-Yes this is America
-Yes this is a fan forum
-Yes there will be discussions on players
-Yes it’s moderated to ensure respect of the players
-Yes member of this forum are going to have opinions. Either shout or laugh at them
- One NBA scout whose name rhymes with deter findiddie has an opinion. But then again he is only one pro scout so who knows.

Good luck

Reactions: Purdue11
And you don’t think I want my son to succeed are serious I’m not arguing I’m giving my opinion. I no my son better than any of you and as a mother who give birth to a child you have no clue as a MAN what a mothers bond is with their child. Don’t insult me sir I think I no him well and knows what’s best for him
What’s funny everyone of you posting and responding is a MAN ain’t that something and I’m suppose to SHUT up interesting

And you don’t think I want my son to succeed are serious I’m not arguing I’m giving my opinion. I no my son better than any of you and as a mother who give birth to a child you have no clue as a MAN what a mothers bond is with their child. Don’t insult me sir I think I no him well and knows what’s best for him

You realize we didn't have a problem with you until you misunderstood and criticized our posts? The problem is when you make Purdue fans the bad guys. We are not the bad guys.

Also, it's extremely foolish to make the assumption that every poster on this board is a man. There's no rule that you have to be a man on this board, and I personally know of several women who are active posters.

Do you no my son sir I’ve known him for 18 years he gonna be alright I can assure you that and he gonna make a woman very happy too.

I have met your son and have also met the other members of the basketball team. Great guys. Stop making stupid assumptions.

-Yes this is America
-Yes this is a fan forum
-Yes there will be discussions on players
-Yes it’s moderated to ensure respect of the players
-Yes member of this forum are going to have opinions. Either shout or laugh at them
- One NBA scout whose name rhymes with deter findiddie has an opinion. But then again he is only one pro scout so who knows.

Good luck
I laugh but I’m not offended either I’m grown and I can hold my own on every MAN on here telling what I should do

You realize we didn't have a problem with you until you misunderstood and criticized our posts? The problem is when you make Purdue fans the bad guys. We are not the bad guys.

Also, it's extremely foolish to make the assumption that every poster on this board is a man. There's no rule that you have to be a man on this board, and I personally know of several women who are active posters.

I have met your son and have also met the other members of the basketball team. Great guys. Stop making stupid assumptions.
I no there are women on this board that post I’m one but most of these post responses are from MEN that is my point

We are literally his FANS and SUPPORTERS. You're arguing with the people who actually LIKE your son. Please note that I used all caps, because you can't seem to understand that we WANT him to succeed.

If you want to argue with people, go on an Indiana University discussion board.
I applaud your efforts here, but you are fighting a lost cause. Short of saying he's going to be drafted in the lottery, you're going to get swung on just the same as many others here.

Hmmmmmm internet bully

You can, but why though? What is the point of doing this? Is this helping your son in any way? No. In fact, you just put a huge target on his back.

Do you see any other Purdue basketball parents on this board? No. I wonder why?

I talk about my son, but he's not a Purdue basketball player. And when I do, people either diss me or put me on ignore. Nobody on this board wants to hear parents talking about, praising or defending the play of their children.

people on this board do like to offer their opinions. and in being on this board for 5 + years, I have found there are some very intelligent posters and basketball minds who post here. We have some retired college coaches, high school coaches, AAU coaches, and former division 1 players who read and post here. Sometimes they are critical, and sometimes they notice a flaw that a real coach may miss. the criticism towards players is meant to be constructive, rather than dissing or argumentative. if a player is critiqued, praised, or speculated about, the best reply is thank you.

As for myself. I am a veteran. Do you know how many times somebody I meet says thank you for your service? it annoys the H out of me, because they have no clue what I did for my country. and there were so many others who died, and so many others who did so much more than I did. I never fired a gun other than at basic training. but each time a person says thank you for your service, rather than arguing with them, I say thank you. What I did in the military is for me to know.

and just like those people thanking me for my service. That's what I see here. people are thanking Eastern for his service to Purdue.

You may not be offended, but you certainly are defensive. And there is nothing in this thread to he defensive about.
Fair point bcuz I’m completely thrown away why so many concerned about what my son did he didn’t rob a bank did he buy he made a decision to do this for himself and he’s getting flack for his decision unreal to me that he getting scrutinized for it

I'm sorry but this has nothing to do with a person's gender.

I have a ton of respect and admiration for your son, just saying.
The problem is this my son hasn’t posted anything I have he hasn’t said nothing I have so why shouldn’t you have admiration for him he’s a great kid I’m the one making my voice heard not him but you obviously don’t admire ME and that’s ok too

Fair point bcuz I’m completely thrown away why so many concerned about what my son did he didn’t rob a bank did he buy he made a decision to do this for himself and he’s getting flack for his decision unreal to me that he getting scrutinized for it
He isn't getting flack it is just being discussed as what is done on a forum. And it's okay for that to happen ... It's the off season so there is little to talk about. :)

I no there are women on this board that post I’m one but most of these post responses are from MEN that is my point

Again, you're making an assumption. You can't see who's typing, and the usernames are ambiguous. You're deflecting this to "gender" because you don't have any other defense.

Hmmmmmm internet bully

Yea, continue to deflect.

We're concerned because he chose PURDUE and we are all either fans, students, alumni, or staff at Purdue who care about our people. Nojel is one of our people now. We're not bashing him and most of us think he's intelligent and a great player (much more than just a basketball player), but you're reading between the lines for criticism that just isn't there.

Can’t argue that

That comment was made to me, for trying to argue with you. I continue to argue with you because you need to understand that you're mistaken.

What’s funny everyone of you posting and responding is a MAN ain’t that something and I’m suppose to SHUT up interesting
I just watched a video where a well known comedian went to visit and chat with a former president. Both men were obviously very well known. And although they had privileges others did not, they both agreed the thing they missed most was their anonymity. Their ability to do and say things just like everyone else without repercussions to themselves or their families.

I don't think anyone here is going to convince you of this because trust is difficult to establish in these circumstances, but I believe many here are trying to help. Please, if you have not already done so, find someone you trust and see what they think of all this (social media posting) and whether it is helpful for your son.

Pretty sure nobody is giving him slack for going and getting evaluated. If they are then they’re clueless.

Why are worried what he gonna do with his life I didn’t ask you or tell you what’s best for you or tell you what you should do or shouldn’t do. I’m not hiding behind a screen name on a message board saying things about an 18 year who made a decision to go after his dreams but you insist he not good enough WOW this is AMERICA people

Simply put, I am worried about him making a bad decision (going into the draft, then not getting drafted). I care because he's a good player for the team I cheer for. I care because his future would be brighter improving in College basketball in my opinion than throwing away his eligibility on the hope that things work out for him.

It takes a lot of hard work to get to the NBA. I'm not saying your son isn't a hard worker...but him leaving now is basically saying...I just want to get there....I don't need to make the improvements to actually get there. And he would be wrong. He could very easily make the improvements needed in 1 year, 35+ games playing 30+ minutes a game to make the decision a much easier and safer one next year.

Honestly, I fear he's got a whole bunch of yes wo/men in his corner telling him he's great. The second an NBA expert tells him what he wants to hear....he's gone. From what's been typed on here though...it sounds like his mind is already made up.

It's the off-season so nothing is going on. Plus on a forum that is here for the very purpose of expressing opinions. And that means exoressing opinions we don't agree with.

It sure seems that some get bent out of shape easily when NE is brought up. To an uncalled for degree in my opinion. Everyone has a right to post their opinion... Or beer recipes :)
While I respect many opinions sometimes I keep posters on ignore because I don't need more drama in my life than I get through normal daily interactions.

rather than being scrutinized, I think it would be better if you thought of these people as just curious. We're very interested in finding out about the process. it's not like anybody from the combine is going to sit down with this forum and answer the questions we may have. I remember my son's AAU days. I asked a lot of questions and probably annoyed the heck out of the parents sitting next to me. I remember my son going to Coach k's basketball camp. I probably annoyed the h out of Coach k talking to him. but I also realized he probably talks to thousands of annoying parents every month.

and that's kind of what this forum is. We're a bunch of opinionated, annoying people. But most of all, we're basically bored, and searching for information and answers. We each have the same dream and goal. However, i doubt anybody ever invites me out to dinner.

so rather than scrutinize, think of us as just curious. And if you don't want to , or can't answer all our questions, I understand. if somebody tells me my hair is a mess, my tie is not straight or my zipper is unzipped, I receive those as constructive criticisms.

I'll be honest. My only worry about him is transferring because of a perceived poor fit. I would assert that the fit is perfect and that everything will go wonderfully as long as he stays and keeps working (just like he has been working already).

There should be no problem here. He's really tough already, he has immense potential, he has a fantastic head coach, he's in an outstanding program, and he's attending one of the best schools in the nation.

Going pro now would be a big mistake. Transferring now would be a bigger mistake. He is exactly where he needs to be. The "system" CMP runs is extremely fluid and is versatile enough to exploit the personnel he has. Next year's team will look very different than this year's team, and it will be built around Carsen, Nojel, Matt, and our other talented players...

...as long as Nojel is here. I truly hope he is.

Wut?? Your response has no correlation to what overthetop said.

Simply put, I am worried about him making a bad decision (going into the draft, then not getting drafted). I care because he's a good player for the team I cheer for. I care because his future would be brighter improving in College basketball in my opinion than throwing away his eligibility on the hope that things work out for him.

It takes a lot of hard work to get to the NBA. I'm not saying your son isn't a hard worker...but him leaving now is basically saying...I just want to get there....I don't need to make the improvements to actually get there. And he would be wrong. He could very easily make the improvements needed in 1 year, 35+ games playing 30+ minutes a game to make the decision a much easier and safer one next year.

Honestly, I fear he's got a whole bunch of yes wo/men in his corner telling him he's great. The second an NBA expert tells him what he wants to hear....he's gone. From what's been typed on here though...it sounds like his mind is already made up.
Here you go assuming people telling him what he wants to hear or stroking his ego futher from the truth he has his own mind and as his mother I support his decision that’s all that matters.

giphy.gif

I'll be honest. My only worry about him is transferring because of a perceived poor fit. I would assert that the fit is perfect and that everything will go wonderfully as long as he stays and keeps working (just like he has been working already).

There should be no problem here. He's really tough already, he has immense potential, he has a fantastic head coach, he's in an outstanding program, and he's attending one of the best schools in the nation.

Going pro now would be a big mistake. Transferring now would be a bigger mistake. He is exactly where he needs to be. The "system" CMP runs is extremely fluid and is versatile enough to exploit the personnel he has. Next year's team will look very different than this year's team, and it will be built around Carsen, Nojel, Matt, and our other talented players...

...as long as Nojel is here. I truly hope he is.
Sir honestly that’s your opinion and my opinion is different and right now my son made a decision based on what correct information we got from someone that’s knows more about this process than any of you.

Reactions: Cthreepo
Wut?? Your response has no correlation to what overthetop said.
Let me break this down so maybe you all can understand who I am. I’m a single mother of a wonderfully,loving,caring,giving and talented child. His dad is not in his life not my choice his choice just he and I. I’m a school bus driver and a basketball official and softball umpire that’s my income not much but we got by it helped put him in school. There were times we had nothing to eat and a couple times I’ve almost got evicted bcuz I was laid off my job and exhausted all my savings to pay rent to keep shelter over my son heads but GOD got us through that. We’re any of you there when my son almost choked to death we’re any of you there when my son almost drowned in front of my eyes but I saved him the scariest moment of my life we’re any of you there when my son has been really sick sometimes and I nursed him back to health we’re any of you there when my son broke his ankle and dislocated it had surgery and watched my baby in so much pain but I was there through some tough days and endless days and hours of physical Therapy but we got through that. We’re you there taking him to tutoring everyday to make sure he met the requirements to get in purdue he did. We’re anyof you there throughout his time when he start training at age 9 getting up at 6am everyday to get his to his training session we’re he worked out 2/3 hours a day sometimes 2/3 times in a day. We’re any of you on the road night and day traveling with my son to and from AAU tournaments HS events and college events showing support for her son. You all watched my son for 5 months and you all no who he is and what he can do but I gave birth to him worked with him played against him and I have been to almost every event he has ever participated in whether basketball,football or baseball games through rain sleet or snow I’ve been there through it all. But you all can judge me and make comments about what’s best for my son and none of you have ever walked in my son or my shoes. You criticize me bcuz I stand up for my son that is what a mother of a child who is all I got in life will do for her kid who believes in him and his abilities but yet you all berate me calls me names and say stuff to down me bcuz I LOVE my son and I want the best for my kid unreal. I leave you with this b4 you harp on somebody and their intentions some of you might wanna step back bcuz you don’t no what a person is going through in life to make decisions that may effect their lives. I have real case of bad arthritis but I continue to Ref bcuz that is part of my income that helps pay my bills that help support my son activities but I do it bcuz that’s my son and I’ll die for him and do whatever it takes to protect him and provide for him and if being a Mother is wrong standing by your son side and supporting him than I don’t no what being a mother is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT