ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Dauster with a very good take on the Nojel situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm done. This is clearly about more than the NBA draft decision.

See you on the other threads, boys and girls.
Actually this isn’t about money or anything else it’s about a kid who made a decision that he was giving information that he felt he should no and my son decided like many others want to see were he is and it seems some of you don’t seem to understand that. I gave that story bcuz you all don’t no who my son is what he can do after watching him for 5 months but yet so many can tell him who he is and what he can do. It is what it is but life will go on for sure. Peace dropping the mic

I talk about my son, but he's not a Purdue basketball player. And when I do, people either diss me or put me on ignore. Nobody on this board wants to hear parents talking about, praising or defending the play of their children.

people on this board do like to offer their opinions. and in being on this board for 5 + years, I have found there are some very intelligent posters and basketball minds who post here. We have some retired college coaches, high school coaches, AAU coaches, and former division 1 players who read and post here. Sometimes they are critical, and sometimes they notice a flaw that a real coach may miss. the criticism towards players is meant to be constructive, rather than dissing or argumentative. if a player is critiqued, praised, or speculated about, the best reply is thank you.

As for myself. I am a veteran. Do you know how many times somebody I meet says thank you for your service? it annoys the H out of me, because they have no clue what I did for my country. and there were so many others who died, and so many others who did so much more than I did. I never fired a gun other than at basic training. but each time a person says thank you for your service, rather than arguing with them, I say thank you. What I did in the military is for me to know.

and just like those people thanking me for my service. That's what I see here. people are thanking Eastern for his service to Purdue.
Thank you truly for service sincerely

Let me break this down so maybe you all can understand who I am. I’m a single mother of a wonderfully,loving,caring,giving and talented child. His dad is not in his life not my choice his choice just he and I. I’m a school bus driver and a basketball official and softball umpire that’s my income not much but we got by it helped put him in school. There were times we had nothing to eat and a couple times I’ve almost got evicted bcuz I was laid off my job and exhausted all my savings to pay rent to keep shelter over my son heads but GOD got us through that. We’re any
Let me break this down so maybe you all can understand who I am. I’m a single mother of a wonderfully,loving,caring,giving and talented child. His dad is not in his life not my choice his choice just he and I. I’m a school bus driver and a basketball official and softball umpire that’s my income not much but we got by it helped put him in school. There were times we had nothing to eat and a couple times I’ve almost got evicted bcuz I was laid off my job and exhausted all my savings to pay rent to keep shelter over my son heads but GOD got us through that. We’re any of you there when my son almost choked to death we’re any of you there when my son almost drowned in front of my eyes but I saved him the scariest moment of my life we’re any of you there when my son has been really sick sometimes and I nursed him back to health we’re any of you there when my son broke his ankle and dislocated it had surgery and watched my baby in so much pain but I was there through some tough days and endless days and hours of physical Therapy but we got through that. We’re you there taking him to tutoring everyday to make sure he met the requirements to get in purdue he did. We’re anyof you there throughout his time when he start training at age 9 getting up at 6am everyday to get his to his training session we’re he worked out 2/3 hours a day sometimes 2/3 times in a day. We’re any of you on the road night and day traveling with my son to and from AAU tournaments HS events and college events showing support for her son. You all watched my son for 5 months and you all no who he is and what he can do but I gave birth to him worked with him played against him and I have been to almost every event he has ever participated in whether basketball,football or baseball games through rain sleet or snow I’ve been there through it all. But you all can judge me and make comments about what’s best for my son and none of you have ever walked in my son or my shoes. You criticize me bcuz I stand up for my son that is what a mother of a child who is all I got in life will do for her kid who believes in him and his abilities but yet you all berate me calls me names and say stuff to down me bcuz I LOVE my son and I want the best for my kid unreal. I leave you with this b4 you harp on somebody and their intentions some of you might wanna step back bcuz you don’t no what a person is going through in life to make decisions that may effect their lives. I have real case of bad arthritis but I continue to Ref bcuz that is part of my income that helps pay my bills that help support my son activities but I do it bcuz that’s my son and I’ll die for him and do whatever it takes to protect him and provide for him and if being a Mother is wrong standing by your son side and supporting him than I don’t no what being a mother is.

Woh.. goodnight Irene!

Pretty well aligns with my thoughts so of course it is a good take.

Why so many concerned about why my son did what he did. This man don’t no nothing either just more fuel to his fire to show who he is. Be fooled by stats if you like I’m not I stand on what my son can do. Unreal how so many going out of there way to put my son down good stuff GOD got my son thats a fact
Your son scored 1 bucket a game lol. Chill lil buddy

GBI....please shut this down, or lock it, or whatever. For Nojel’s sake, and those who can’t seem to get out of their own way. This is embarrassing.
Yes, it's about 4 posters who have done this all year, they love mixing it up with a players mom, not sure why, let it go already!

Treed by the way. Some people who have replied to you talking trash about you and Nojel have been trolls. So be careful of them... they love to cause trouble on this board

Reactions: ejs1111
giphy.gif

You're doing your son a great disservice posting on this board and voicing your loud opinion on Twitter. If you want what's best for your son, you should probably not post here or on Twitter about him. You're embarrassing him.
But you can and I can’t America folks want me to shut up bcuz I have a voice an opinion stop it it’s called free speech
You certainly have the right to voice your opinion on this board, but so does every other poster. Weird how you don’t tolerate anyone else’s opinion but expect everyone else to tolerate you attacking and berating them. You also may want to brush up on the meaning of freedom of speech. It does not mean freedom from ridicule or consequences. All your “free speech” is doing is setting up Nojel, and likely you to an extent, to be a target of ridicule by every opposing fan base that he plays against next year. Do yourself and your son a favor and please just stop responding on this board. This is a public fan discussion board. Fans of Purdue, and trolls from other fan bases, are going to come on here and have discussions about Purdue players. You may not always like what is discussed, but that comes with the territory of being a high major athlete. You might as well get used to that now.

ALL-FRESHMAN B1G TEAM 2018
Trent Frazier, Illinois
Bruno Fernando, Maryland
JAREN JACKSON JR., MICHIGAN STATE
Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
Brad Davison, Wisconsin

Just say'n............

Reactions: paco68
Sir who don’t have holes in their game really don’t just single him out. He played 6 to 8 min a game what the hell could he do or show in those amount of min. I no my son I no his game I no the amount of hours he works on his game i no his work ethic and I certainly no if he wasn’t ready I would have told him to wait but he is and whatever feedback we get it’s his decision to do what’s best for him period. I’m not concerned about next season it’s all about now. He has game that nobody got to see. If he had of played 25/30 min a game he could of showed his talents. He has a jump shot but wasn’t involved in the offense to shoot It why many think he can’t shoot. Perception can fool you and don’t be fooled by what others think they no. My son don’t need an approval from no fans who think they no what’s best for him all he needs is believe in himself which he does we gone roll with that. You play 6/8 min or less you tell me what your confidence in your game would look like not so good. We got this he gonna be just fine carry on.
Treed, I have a serious and honest question about advice to your son. If a GM assured you that your son was going to be drafted in the upper second round this year, would you and his other advisers tell him to enter the draft this year?

Treed, I have a serious and honest question about advice to your son. If a GM assured you that your son was going to be drafted in the upper second round this year, would you and his other advisers tell him to enter the draft this year?
Sir real talk I’m done on this site I’ve cauaed enough embarrassment to my son and I’m ashamed of my actions all I need to now is how to cancel this account. No further discussions about my son

Reactions: SCBoiler1
How hard is it to home brew? Do I need to invest in equipment or will standard kitchen pots and pans work?

I assume there are lots of DIY forums and sites abound to learn.
1. Not hard. Especially if you have a heated garage/basement or live in a climate that doesn't go below freezing too often.
2. Yes, you need some equipment to get started. If you get hooked, you can't get enough equipment.
3. NO kitchen pots and pans.
4. You need bottles, and caps, and a capper, and CLEAN!!! (Besides the containers and heat source. And a room with at dead steady temperature.
5. Don't expect to bottle anything worth drinking for less $$$ than you can buy it.
6. DO expect to bottle some damn good fun.

I talk about my son, but he's not a Purdue basketball player. And when I do, people either diss me or put me on ignore. Nobody on this board wants to hear parents talking about, praising or defending the play of their children.

people on this board do like to offer their opinions. and in being on this board for 5 + years, I have found there are some very intelligent posters and basketball minds who post here. We have some retired college coaches, high school coaches, AAU coaches, and former division 1 players who read and post here. Sometimes they are critical, and sometimes they notice a flaw that a real coach may miss. the criticism towards players is meant to be constructive, rather than dissing or argumentative. if a player is critiqued, praised, or speculated about, the best reply is thank you.

As for myself. I am a veteran. Do you know how many times somebody I meet says thank you for your service? it annoys the H out of me, because they have no clue what I did for my country. and there were so many others who died, and so many others who did so much more than I did. I never fired a gun other than at basic training. but each time a person says thank you for your service, rather than arguing with them, I say thank you. What I did in the military is for me to know.

and just like those people thanking me for my service. That's what I see here. people are thanking Eastern for his service to Purdue.

Brother, that's a damn shame, because it's one of the greatest ways to show respect. You're annoyed when someone recognizes you and appreciates you? Are you for real?

For many, that's exactly why they do it; for whatever reason many who recognize you didn't serve, but they respect the hell out of you that you did. Yet, you don't want to take that in a positive light?

As for Nojel, I'm going to stay out of this. Everyone I see loves his game and the potential he has. People love to discuss players, their development, their skills, strengths, weaknesses etc., but this forum becomes a war zone when his name comes up.

That, too, is a shame.

Sir real talk I’m done on this site I’ve cauaed enough embarrassment to my son and I’m ashamed of my actions all I need to now is how to cancel this account. No further discussions about my son
Your son will be fine...that's what most of us, me included have been trying to say to you. You don't need to delete your account because there are times you provide some very good information. As a mom, you feel the need to support your son. As a poster attempting to defend him, you're not supporting him, and as someone said....make him look soft and coddled. And yes, there are times...many of them...that I believe you want him in the show, maybe even more than he does at this time.

What I saw from your son is a kid that wants to do well, that want's to make his team better. I saw a kid with a quickness most would die for, and at times a great court vision....and yes, some very good athletic skill sets.

But what I also saw was a kid who has been "The guy" all of his HS days....revered, loved, and given special treatment at that level and then he has to compete for playing time on a Senior laden team and the coaching staff gave him the amount of PT they believed they could give him and not break that continuity those guys had. My guess, and it's just a guess, Nojel has always been "The guy".

No one, including me wants to see your son do poorly...we all want him to do well and help the program. And many of us have played the game, some of us have coached the game or other games, and some at high levels.

I'd prefer you stay on board. I think it's going to be a much better year next year than many others do. Provide your insight, and let your kid play the game, and sit back with the rest of us and enjoy watching him play.

And yes, I think he'd be very well served to take the NBA advice and stay until he can be a 1st round pick.

Just my honest opinion.

rather than being scrutinized, I think it would be better if you thought of these people as just curious. We're very interested in finding out about the process. it's not like anybody from the combine is going to sit down with this forum and answer the questions we may have. I remember my son's AAU days. I asked a lot of questions and probably annoyed the heck out of the parents sitting next to me. I remember my son going to Coach k's basketball camp. I probably annoyed the h out of Coach k talking to him. but I also realized he probably talks to thousands of annoying parents every month.

and that's kind of what this forum is. We're a bunch of opinionated, annoying people. But most of all, we're basically bored, and searching for information and answers. We each have the same dream and goal. However, i doubt anybody ever invites me out to dinner.

so rather than scrutinize, think of us as just curious. And if you don't want to , or can't answer all our questions, I understand. if somebody tells me my hair is a mess, my tie is not straight or my zipper is unzipped, I receive those as constructive criticisms.

I would. Not sure where you live (maybe I haven't been paying attention), but I doubt we'd have much silent time at the table . . . !

Reactions: Wolegib
Brother, that's a damn shame, because it's one of the greatest ways to show respect. You're annoyed when someone recognizes you and appreciates you? Are you for real?

For many, that's exactly why they do it; for whatever reason many who recognize you didn't serve, but they respect the hell out of you that you did. Yet, you don't want to take that in a positive light?

As for Nojel, I'm going to stay out of this. Everyone I see loves his game and the potential he has. People love to discuss players, their development, their skills, strengths, weaknesses etc., but this forum becomes a war zone when his name comes up.

That, too, is a shame.

It's very hard to explain . The military considered me too valuable of a resource to deploy during war. When people thank me, I am reminded of those who served who were wounded or killed in action. My service pales in comparison to theirs. they are the ones who should be honored.

It's very hard to explain . The military considered me too valuable of a resource to deploy during war. When people thank me, I am reminded of those who served who were wounded or killed in action. My service pales in comparison to theirs. they are the ones who should be honored.

Got it. Thanks for the follow up.

Don't sell yourself short. Anyone who steps up should be honored.

I have a family member whose name is engraved on a wall in DC. That level of sacrifice isn't necessary for people to honor you.

My advice on your account. Rather than cancel it. in about a month, we will have a lot of new posters. None of the new posters will be able to discern from your icon name your relationship with Nojel. and for the most part, the majority of posters will forget today.

Example; boiled steel has placed me on ignore at least twice. I've gotten into many arguments with other posters. But this week Boiled Steel posted he actually agreed with one of my posts. I've ripped many posters and they have in turn ripped me. I'm considered by many as a negative poster. I'm not negative towards painter, or the players, or Purdue. I'm negative towards some posters' comments. and Hazell. and somewhere along the way, I've received over 2,000 likes for under 4,000 posts. that means a majority of people on this board like my thoughts or at least agree with them.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is not comment. I was at a scout meeting tonight, and I didn't have much to say. 6-8 people came to me afterwards and asked me if I was ok?

Reactions: overthetop16

This tweet is the best take Ive seen on Eastern. Makes quite a bit more sense when he mentions it.

Should I become a large guard or a smaller forward?

If I am to have an NBA future, is it out defending guards or checking wings?

Obviously, Nojel already knows he needs to work on shooting and knew that before his evaluation. As a tweener, he probably doesnt know which position makes the most sense for him if he wants an NBA future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT