ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruiting

New Pal Boiler

All-American
Jun 30, 2010
For 3 years, we have listened to Hazell and Burke promote our horrifically ranked recruiting classes as "good fits", "the right kids", "diamonds in the rough", etc.

I was at Ross-Ade today, and I am telling you, yeah, our coaching leaves something to be desired, but you could have the 1950s NY Giants coaching staff, and we would still suck. We don't have the horses. Period.

No pass rush from DL. Offensive line is not that agile, athletic, or powerful. WRs can't get open. No depth at LB. No TEs to speak of. Safeties can't cover or tackle. CBs are OK, not great.

Chickens have come home to roost. There is a reason that most P5 schools didn't want any of our players. We didn't outsmart all of those coaches. We settled for lesser players, and we are paying the price now. These coaches aren't good enough to overcome their deficiencies as recruiters.

For 3 years, we have listened to Hazell and Burke promote our horrifically ranked recruiting classes as "good fits", "the right kids", "diamonds in the rough", etc.

I was at Ross-Ade today, and I am telling you, yeah, our coaching leaves something to be desired, but you could have the 1950s NY Giants coaching staff, and we would still suck. We don't have the horses. Period.

No pass rush from DL. Offensive line is not that agile, athletic, or powerful. WRs can't get open. No depth at LB. No TEs to speak of. Safeties can't cover or tackle. CBs are OK, not great.

Chickens have come home to roost. There is a reason that most P5 schools didn't want any of our players. We didn't outsmart all of those coaches. We settled for lesser players, and we are paying the price now. These coaches aren't good enough to overcome their deficiencies as recruiters.

Quite frankly, this has been going on for 7-8 years. Glad people are starting to realize we haven't been recruiting remotely near where we could or should be.

It's about 50/50...............We are getting MAC CONF recruits but a lot of it is lousy coaching period! We would be a 6th place team in the MAC right now. Losey tackling!!!!!!Line can't block(BREES WOULD LOOK MISERABLE BEHIND THESE GUYS)!!!!!!!!!Receivers can't get much separation. Bad schemes and preparation all the way around...............These coaches have lost this team. Hazz started out 1-11 beating ISU and will finish 1-11 beating only again ISU!.

It's about 50/50...............We are getting MAC CONF recruits but a lot of it is lousy coaching period! We would be a 6th place team in the MAC right now. Losey tackling!!!!!!Line can't block(BREES WOULD LOOK MISERABLE BEHIND THESE GUYS)!!!!!!!!!Receivers can't get much separation. Bad schemes and preparation all the way around...............These coaches have lost this team. Hazz started out 1-11 beating ISU and will finish 1-11 beating only again ISU!.
Our offensive scheme only works if you have similar or better talent than the defense you go up against, which clearly we do not. To be successful with substandard talent, you must be innovative, which clearly we are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT