ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Louisville's handling of this???

Realistically any talking that is happening is between agents while Brohm (and all other potentials) finishes his season. He has plausible deniability in this case. I'm not saying he will stay or go, I'm just saying that's probably what's happening, that's how this works. You know Louisville AD Tyra "kicked the tires" a bit behind the scenes, you have to have your next moves planned out in this game of chess.

It's ugly and it's horrible and Louisville has been on the other side of this 3 times since 2000 (John L Smith, Petrino, & Charlie Strong), but it's just the way business is. There is just an obscene amount of money at stake, too much bad can happen from a bad decision. Firing Petrino just cost the program $14MM, no way did Tyra make that decision without having a few "next moves" ready (which no doubt include but are not limited to Brohm).

But the timing of the firing of petrino is really what led to all of this speculation to begin with. That was done by the UL admin. They could have waited and let the man finish his season distraction free
So lets let our coach run our program into the ground so Purdue can rest easy ? Yea, unlike you, we dont have a loser mentality like you've had for the last decade. Winning taste good doesnt it ?Either win, or gtfo somewhere.

So lets let our coach run our program into the ground so Purdue can rest easy ? Yea, unlike you, we dont have a loser mentality like you've had for the last decade. Winning taste good doesnt it ?Either win, or gtfo somewhere.
Really? How much more damage could he have done in 2 weeks? He already ran this season into the ground. JB already has an idea what he is going to do and Louisville firing their coach this week vs. the end of the season probably has no influence.

I don't understand why you trolls insist on coming on the Purdue forum and throw insults at us because we think our school, our athletic program and our state is better than yours. I would totally expect the same if I was on the Louisville board. You folks are making your fanbase look awful.

Reactions: bodog57 and herrli

Don't be such a jackass. You and I are visitors here. No need for it.

Mods: My apologies if this violates your rules - but this shit needs to stop. I enjoy the discussion and don't need anyone ruining it and I'm sure others feel the same.

UofL likely has already approached JB’s reps, and it’s just as likely that they’re talking. I have no doubt Louisville has been told that nothing of substance will occur until the season ends, so this will get kicked to late next week. Really nothing new, and nothing has changed in terms of JB seriously considering the UofL job at the proper time.

Again, if he wasn’t interested, he would come out and definitively end all speculation by saying he’s not a candidate and isn’t going anywhere, no matter what. He’s not done that, nor will he. Frustrating, but that’s how these things play out every year.
You are in denial. Brohm has spoken with his 2019 recruits and has told them he's not going anywhere. Are you calling him a liar now?

A few weeks ago he said to the media, "You don't know how good it is here." He means Purdue.

The problem he has is that he doesn't want to offend his peeps in Louisville and potentially burn bridges in the future. Yes, anything can happen, but the likelihood of Brohm leaving for Louisville after this season is much worse than Cards fans care to admit. He likes what he's building at Purdue and wants to see it through. Tyra sees that Louisville football is slipping badly and he thought that this move at this time would keep the fanbase engaged. He put Brohm and his family in a bad spot.

You are in denial. Brohm has spoken with his 2019 recruits and has told them he's not going anywhere. Are you calling him a liar now?

A few weeks ago he said to the media, "You don't know how good it is here." He means Purdue.

The problem he has is that he doesn't want to offend his peeps in Louisville and potentially burn bridges in the future. Yes, anything can happen, but the likelihood of Brohm leaving for Louisville after this season is much worse than Cards fans care to admit. He likes what he's building at Purdue and wants to see it through. Tyra sees that Louisville football is slipping badly and he thought that this move at this time would keep the fanbase engaged. He put Brohm and his family in a bad spot.
Then all he has to do is make a simple statement that he’s not now nor will he be a candidate for the Louisville job and that he’s staying at Purdue. It would put all of this to rest.

Yet he hasn’t done that. Not anything close to that. It’s not about offending his peeps, it’s about him keeping his options open so he can consider that job when it’s offered to him. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving, but he’ll definitely consider it. Believing otherwise is foolish.

It’s an NBA ready arena with all the trimmings.
you can have the nba

th

The report about Brohm to Louisville came from Dakich in Indy not from any news outlet in Louisville.
Interesting, if that was really the case the only question I have for you is that why did all of these UofL fools keep posting on here about that topic and expanding upon it?

Lousiville leaked the rumor to Dakich. They are trying to create buzz and make the U ofL job more attractive. They are no longer confident Brohm has mutual interest.
UL connections might very well tip off a guy like Dakich, but I think you’re probably off on the motivation for doing so. How would leaking that a school already agreed to terms with a new coach generate MORE interested parties in the job? Seems to me it might discourage interest if the opening is supposedly filled.

Reactions: BoilerCrazy
Realistically any talking that is happening is between agents while Brohm (and all other potentials) finishes his season. He has plausible deniability in this case. I'm not saying he will stay or go, I'm just saying that's probably what's happening, that's how this works. You know Louisville AD Tyra "kicked the tires" a bit behind the scenes, you have to have your next moves planned out in this game of chess.

It's ugly and it's horrible and Louisville has been on the other side of this 3 times since 2000 (John L Smith, Petrino, & Charlie Strong), but it's just the way business is. There is just an obscene amount of money at stake, too much bad can happen from a bad decision. Firing Petrino just cost the program $14MM, no way did Tyra make that decision without having a few "next moves" ready (which no doubt include but are not limited to Brohm).
Who says Tyra had "next moves"??? This team flat out quit on Petrino......Defense was giving up over 60 points a game in their last 4 or 5......firing him was a no brainer no matter who they get as a coach!

Reactions: BoilerCrazy
Who says Tyra had "next moves"??? This team flat out quit on Petrino......Defense was giving up over 60 points a game in their last 4 or 5......firing him was a no brainer no matter who they get as a coach!

I was referring to timing (firing with 2 games to go).

Breaking News according to Dakich - there is a good chance there will be weather tomorrow. Maybe sunny, cloudy, rainy, nice, cold, warm, dry, humid, arid, windy, snow, sleet, ice, heat wave, tornado, hurricane. Something for sure. Stay tuned. Sources

Your coach already ran your program in the ground. 77-16? Your players quit on the coach they committed to play for. They obviously lack character. Those kids don't deserve shit.

Brohm, his staff, Purdue's players deserve to finish the season without distraction. And I imagine brohm isn't happy about it.

Reactions: Michael6969
Your coach already ran your program in the ground. 77-16? Your players quit on the coach they committed to play for. They obviously lack character. Those kids don't deserve shit.

Brohm, his staff, Purdue's players deserve to finish the season without distraction. And I imagine brohm isn't happy about it.
Brohm can fix that immediately by announcing that he has no interest in the UofL job and would not accept it if offered. Distraction ends. But he’s chosen to not do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statey
Brohm cannfix that immediately by announcing that he has no interest in the UofL job and would not accept it if offered. Distraction ends. But he’s chosen to not do that.
He has chosen not to address it to the public. He said he addressed the issue with the team and assuming his phone has been blowing up from recruits wanting assurances since they are a month away from signing day.

The smoke we are seeing is because Dakich and other "mEdIA" are acting like the ink is dried and he has to wait 2 weeks to make an announcement. This is probably spurned by boosters and alumni who are want Brohm so bad that they are willing to do anything to get him.

Just my 2 cents. Stop giving Dakich any more press. Turn off his radio show, mute him on Twitter and other social media platforms.

Brohm cannfix that immediately by announcing that he has no interest in the UofL job and would not accept it if offered. Distraction ends. But he’s chosen to not do that.

Brohm is a pretty good person, I think. And whether he stays at Purdue or feels obligated to return to Louisville ( Gosh knows why after the way you all dumped on him last time) he is going to want to do it as gracefully as possible. Louisville and all the “ leaks” are pretty much turning that into a dumpster fire.... ( recent history shows that to be pretty much business as usual when it comes to you all doing business that way in your Athletic Department). The Brohms really like it at Purdue and West Lafayette. Do they like it well enough to stay... who knows. But if you think that all the taunting of Purdue fans, bad mouthing the school he is currently coaching, leaking to the press to put CJB in a bad light with a team he is still trying to get to a bowl game, etc is going to make him think “ Wow! Louisville has really cleaned up their act... I may want to consider this offer”, I don’t think you all are doing yourselves any favors. That doesn’t mean he won’t still maybe take the offer.... But it does mean he probably isn’t very happy with all the leaks and “done deals”. While I hate waiting this thing out, the more Louisville’s AD mishandles this whole evolution the better CJB’s current boss and Fans may look. ( Please don’t say this new AD is different... This is 100% on your new AD and he mishandled it miserably from day one... He may not be the one leaking or even wanted it leaked but the buck stops there.). Trying to trap Jeff Brohm into making a decision before he is ready is not the way to the man’s heart....at least in my opinion.

Mods: My apologies if this violates your rules - but this shit needs to stop. I enjoy the discussion and don't need anyone ruining it and I'm sure others feel the same.
You sound like a total dork...biggest twaddle tell in grade school I guarantee it

Brohm is a pretty good person, I think. And whether he stays at Purdue or feels obligated to return to Louisville ( Gosh knows why after the way you all dumped on him last time) he is going to want to do it as gracefully as possible. Louisville and all the “ leaks” are pretty much turning that into a dumpster fire.... ( recent history shows that to be pretty much business as usual when it comes to you all doing business that way in your Athletic Department). The Brohms really like it at Purdue and West Lafayette. Do they like it well enough to stay... who knows. But if you think that all the taunting of Purdue fans, bad mouthing the school he is currently coaching, leaking to the press to put CJB in a bad light with a team he is still trying to get to a bowl game, etc is going to make him think “ Wow! Louisville has really cleaned up their act... I may want to consider this offer”, I don’t think you all are doing yourselves any favors. That doesn’t mean he won’t still maybe take the offer.... But it does mean he probably isn’t very happy with all the leaks and “done deals”. While I hate waiting this thing out, the more Louisville’s AD mishandles this whole evolution the better CJB’s current boss and Fans may look. ( Please don’t say this new AD is different... This is 100% on your new AD and he mishandled it miserably from day one... He may not be the one leaking or even wanted it leaked but the buck stops there.). Trying to trap Jeff Brohm into making a decision before he is ready is not the way to the man’s heart....at least in my opinion.
There’s nothing to suggest UofL or their AD has done anything wrong here, and it’s completely off base to say they have.

He has chosen not to address it to the public. He said he addressed the issue with the team and assuming his phone has been blowing up from recruits wanting assurances since they are a month away from signing day.

The smoke we are seeing is because Dakich and other "mEdIA" are acting like the ink is dried and he has to wait 2 weeks to make an announcement. This is probably spurned by boosters and alumni who are want Brohm so bad that they are willing to do anything to get him.

Just my 2 cents. Stop giving Dakich any more press. Turn off his radio show, mute him on Twitter and other social media platforms.
He addressed the rumors, but he didn’t deny interest in Louisville or say he was staying. He just said the rumor that it was a done deal that would be announced after the IU game wasn’t true. Big difference, and for a reason. He wants to hear what they have to offer. Doesn’t mean he’s going, but he’s never denied interest once.

You are clearly angry, and I get it, but try to be somewhat realistic.

If he goes to Louisville it will not be because he feels obligated. That's just absurd.

There is no evidence that the "leaks" are coming from Louisville. The only person reporting a "done deal" publicly is much closer to the Indiana college sports scene.

There is no "dumpster fire" with the Louisville coaching search. A coach was fired, and names have come up as possible replacements. There will be an interim coach until the season is over and then a replacement will be hired.

I'm not sure who you are referring to about taunting Purdue and bad mouthing the school but it isn't the Louisville administration. And if you really think the fans on message boards are going to hurt Jeff Brohm's feelings enough to change his career choice than how do you think he feels about Purdue fans and what they are saying about his home town, and the university and football program that his family has been a part of and helped build?

I was against the decision to fire Petrino early for weeks, but by last week it had to happen unfortunately. With the early signing period, when you start losing recruits and multiple players have transferred with many more requesting papers a change has to be made. I am sure Brohm is not happy about that, but I believe he will understand that the reason was not to put pressure on him but to stop the bleeding.

Frankly, I don't see where Tyra has mishandled anything in such a way to make Purdue administration look definitively better. And if you somehow think that you guys look like noble supportive fans while Louisville fans look bad, well think again. This board is littered with insults about the programs, fans, towns...you name it...from both sides. CCOL? Louisville fans are trash? (BTW, guess who's a Louisville fan? Jeff's mom.) It all looks the same to me.

I have no idea if Brohm comes, totally up to him and I doubt he has made that decision already. But some here are acting like going to Louisville is a big step down when it isn't at all. Louisville has had a lot of football success over the last couple of decades and despite this essentially lost season, the program is in a good position to build upon that.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
He addressed the rumors, but he didn’t deny interest in Louisville or say he was staying. He just said the rumor that it was a done deal that would be announced after the IU game wasn’t true. Big difference, and for a reason. He wants to hear what they have to offer. Doesn’t mean he’s going, but he’s never denied interest once.
We are getting into semantics and being woke on what he said.

So he said he was interested? He said he was leaving?

I can play with words too.

If he goes to Louisville it will not be because he feels obligated. That's just absurd.

There is no evidence that the "leaks" are coming from Louisville. The only person reporting a "done deal" publicly is much closer to the Indiana college sports scene.

There is no "dumpster fire" with the Louisville coaching search. A coach was fired, and names have come up as possible replacements. There will be an interim coach until the season is over and then a replacement will be hired.

I'm not sure who you are referring to about taunting Purdue and bad mouthing the school but it isn't the Louisville administration. And if you really think the fans on message boards are going to hurt Jeff Brohm's feelings enough to change his career choice than how do you think he feels about Purdue fans and what they are saying about his home town, and the university and football program that his family has been a part of and helped build?

I was against the decision to fire Petrino early for weeks, but by last week it had to happen unfortunately. With the early signing period, when you start losing recruits and multiple players have transferred with many more requesting papers a change has to be made. I am sure Brohm is not happy about that, but I believe he will understand that the reason was not to put pressure on him but to stop the bleeding.

Frankly, I don't see where Tyra has mishandled anything in such a way to make Purdue administration look definitively better. And if you somehow think that you guys look like noble supportive fans while Louisville fans look bad, well think again. This board is littered with insults about the programs, fans, towns...you name it...from both sides. CCOL? Louisville fans are trash? (BTW, guess who's a Louisville fan? Jeff's mom.) It all looks the same to me.

I have no idea if Brohm comes, totally up to him and I doubt he has made that decision already. But some here are acting like going to Louisville is a big step down when it isn't at all. Louisville has had a lot of football success over the last couple of decades and despite this essentially lost season, the program is in a good position to build upon that.

I've looked at about 4 or 5 different rankings for top college basketball arenas...the Yum! Center is not in any of them.

College Basketball Overall Arena Rankings
#1 KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 36.9/40 An NBA level arena that is the sole home of the Cardinals.

College Basketball Arena Rankings
KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 9.5/10 Stunning arena on the outside and inside.

College Basketball Atmosphere Rankings
t#2KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 9.0/10 Such a loyal fan base! The fans pack the arena all season.

http://www.arenafanatic.com/ncaa-basketball-arena-rankings.html

College Basketball Overall Arena Rankings
#1 KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 36.9/40 An NBA level arena that is the sole home of the Cardinals.

College Basketball Arena Rankings
KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 9.5/10 Stunning arena on the outside and inside.

College Basketball Atmosphere Rankings
t#2KFC YUM! Center-Louisville 9.0/10 Such a loyal fan base! The fans pack the arena all season.

http://www.arenafanatic.com/ncaa-basketball-arena-rankings.html
Did you just put that together, lol? That is such a bogus website. I probably now have a bunch of spam on my computer.

Thank you, Morgantown Card.

FINALLY, a voice of sanity.

I absolutely LOVE it when people from other programs come to talk sports. "What ifs." Sharing info on programs, rosters, experiences. Even in the face of Brohm's decision.

But the absolute TRASH that's come here from the Louisville "fan-dom" has been embarrassing.

Cut the "angry" crap.

people only use that stupidity when their argument is weak, or when they want to jab another person.

Got something to say? Say it, but say it respectfully.

Reactions: mathboy

you never, EVER, satisfy the beast (the media) by addressing a situation like this through denials.

It's like feeding the Louisville trolls on a Purdue forum . . . it's fun to smack them around, but they just keep coming back and making the situation worse.

Cut the "angry" crap.

people only use that stupidity when their argument is weak, or when they want to jab another person.

Got something to say? Say it, but say it respectfully.

I said a lot of things. Very respectfully.

I imagine if my arguments were actually weak you would have pointed that out rather than picking one word and trying to start a fight. You know, something people do when their response to an argument is weak or they just want to jab another person.

I didnt drop a stupid "you mad, bro?" meme or belittle anyone.

I'm acknowledging you guys have a right to be a little ticked off right now and just pointed out that most of what was said in the post I replied to was a fiery and emotional take, not a realistic look at the situation.

I imagine if my arguments were actually weak you would have pointed that out rather than picking one word and trying to start a fight. You know, something people do when their response to an argument is weak or they just want to jab another person.

I'm acknowledging you guys have a right to be a little ticked off right now and just pointed out that most of what was said in the post I replied to was a fiery and emotional take, not a realistic look at the situation.
and you also played the "angry" card.

Your use of the "angry" was weak. Don't do that if you wish to be taken seriously. That's in life, not just on the Purdue forum. And, it doesn't take something even more stupid like your, "you mad, bro?" example.

I won't speak for everyone, but I don't think most Purdue fans are "ticked off" about Brohm being mentioned for the UofL job. It's only natural. What most Purdue fans don't appreciate is the Louisville trash that's invaded and infested this forum.

I will try to address some of your points:
1. The Leaks: Surely you are not going to try and convince us the leaks are coming from Purdue fans or our Athletic Dept. Dakich simply said he had it on good LOUISVILLE sources CJB was gone... not Purdue, or even any other school in the B1G but Louisville, and that they had called him! ( perhaps wanting him to put it out there? You think?? ). But the first press Conference your AD gave was to come out and publicly state Brohm was your first choice for a new Coach. What kind of professional administrator has no idea of the media, recruiting etc ramifications that kind of statement causes? I can only conclude he meant to put Brohm on the hot seat intentionally as it might be for “ the greater good” or else the guy is stupid! If you can’t trust your new boss before you are even hired not to screw you over, maybe you better think twice about what you might be contemplating.
2. Taunting you ask about? Well, we can’t even escape to our premium board without being hounded by Louisville fans... and hearing why Louisville is so much better than Purdue...Note I did not say I read those comments haunting your sports forums but rather on ours....You all have infested our Boards since day one with that message. If you feel that is an unfair judgement of your fans on our forums please take the time to reread all their contributions here.
3. The announcement to fire Petrino was not meant to put pressure on Brohm? Really? So why mention anyone, let alone specifically Brohm as your first choice in the same press conference? It simply defies logic let alone professionalism. I hired many people in my day and not once did I run to their current boss or announce it publicly to the media that’s what I was trying to do.
4. Brohm wasn’t speaking to the fans when he had to finally come out and speak to his players and recruits last night....It’s not fans that have done such an unprofessional job in your current program with this fiasco. To you, should he come to Louisville at any cost to the Coach himself or the players and recruits he has at Purdue is meaningless, I understand that. But this is a man of character who should be allowed to make his decisions in the quiet and privacy of his home... not publicly. Louisville obviously has no respect for that since it continues to ignores his wishes.
5. As for my personal statements about the Louisville Athletic Department: The University of Louisville and its fans had ZERO issues with your married Basketball Coach screwing women other than his wife on bar room tables in Louisville...just closed their eyes to the issue. You all had no problem with your Athletic Department hiring hookers for high school recruits whose parents had trusted you to look after their sons during Official visits...just closed your eyes and pretended it didn’t happen; and you all had no problem with paying recruits money to commit to your school until the FBI started investigating criminal actions and UofL finally went running scared they might be facing prison time instead of just the NCAA. This is not my claim I am making....Its facts the whole country has been forced to watch unfold in the national news for years now whether we wanted to or not. If you all think getting rid of a Coach and AD ONLY is going to change the current culture of an Athletic Program that immersed in cheating and muck, good luck with that.
6. As for my being angry, you are absolutely correct. I don’t want to lose Coach Brohm but if that’s his choice so be it- Makes me incredibly sad but it doesn’t make me angry. I just hope he goes somewhere other than Louisville. I am angry because I can’t come on a Purdue forum and not be inundated by Louisville fans wanting to trash us and feel superior. It’s just really poor taste especially with the recent history of UofL Athletics. But I tell you what, if I should EVER venture to Louisville’s fan boards with the postings and attitude you all have brought here to GBI then I deserve what I get, okay? Wait! I do have to apologize. I just thought of something else that did make me angry. It was the article written by your Rivals guru asking if Brohm comes to Louisville who else of our players and recruits should you all steal...that did invoke somewhat an emotional response but I’m sure I am over reacting...

Now, that’s some of the reasons I have no respect for Louisville’s Athletic Department or their fans, at least the ones trolling our Boards. Do you need more?

Actually I did reply. But just for clarification here, you believe you should be the one to determine what “a realistic look at the situation” is or is not? Curious don’t you think? Perhaps a wee bit self-grandizing? And again, it is Louisville fans coming to our site and lecturing us (catching on yet) on what you believe is correct, over reacting, or emotional, etc. Won’t they let you post on your own sports forums down there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT