ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB vs. IU THREAD

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Thread for this afternoon’s battle between Purdue and Indiana at Mackey Arena.

How does everyone feel?

At least its one of the last times IU will curb stomp us, they lose A LOT of their best players after this year.

Sydney Parrish appears to be out today. One less difference maker for Purdue to handle

IU up 39-37 at the half. Winning the boards battle 18-13, TOs are a bout even 7-6 and we are hitting 50% from the field. IF we can keep this up for a whole game we can stay in it and maybe sneak out a win. Considering how we've played all year though, I am not optimistic we can play this well for another 20 minutes.

IU wins 74-68. Not quite a curb stomp, but once again we catch IU shorthanded on our court without a quality sub to plug in for the lost player and we fail to capitalize. Out of IU's 4 scorers (2 points from one sub off the bench ignored) 3 are 5th year seniors. IU is in for a big drop off next year unless they pull in at least 3 big time transfers. Their incoming recruiting class is not in the top 12 in the conference either, not much help coming from there.

Last edited:
We outrebounded IU by 6 32-26, have less TOs 13 to 18, got 12 more shots than IU, but gave up WAY TOO MANY wideopen 3s allowing IU to hit an unreal 15 of 23 from 3 for 65%.... better than either team shot from inside the arc...... SMH, you cannot win games like that, but credit the Boilers for fighting hard and playing perhaps only their second complete game all year.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
10 straight losses to I.U. When will that streak end?
I would hope next year. I don't think a team of underclassmen is going to be a lot better for us than this year, but IU is likely falling off a cliff with only Garzon and Parrish back from their only 5 good players on the roster. The big question for Purdue is going to be can Amiyah, Poole, Puryear, and McCarthy replace Caitlyn, Ellis, and Terry. Getting to the glass hard is going to have to be a point of emphasis for Purdue next year.

I would hope next year. I don't think a team of underclassmen is going to be a lot better for us than this year, but IU is likely falling off a cliff with only Garzon and Parrish back from their only 5 good players on the roster. The big question for Purdue is going to be can Amiyah, Poole, Puryear, and McCarthy replace Caitlyn, Ellis, and Terry. Getting to the glass hard is going to have to be a point of emphasis for Purdue next year.
Spider being a sophomore can easily replace Ellis. She will he a 15 ppg scorer. MA being a sophomore will easily replace Harper. A sophomore Swanson is also something you can’t overlook.

Reactions: Gesysp
Also props to Caitlyn for showing up big this game. 6-11, 5-6 from the ft line, 2 assists a block and no fouls. 18 points and outbattled an All-American toe to toe today. These are the games that make her 5 point 2 rebound games so hard to understand. Out of our 32 rebounds, 19 came from the departing 5th year players....

Spider being a sophomore can easily replace Ellis. She will he a 15 ppg scorer. MA being a sophomore will easily replace Harper. A sophomore Swanson is also something you can’t overlook.
In a good program, the jump from freshman to sophmore is usually the biggest improvement year, but there is no way Stevenson on her own improves so much she replaces Caitlyn and her production next year. That is ujust not even close to being a reasonable expectation. Same with Jones over Ellis and her production from this year to next. What can happen hopefully is Jones can replace most of Terry's assists and Poole and Amiyah can pick up the rest and those we lose from Ellis.

This is my only response to you today Pride, I am giving you chance to treat you like an adult, if you don't act like it I won't respond to you again this year.

In a good program, the jump from freshman to sophmore is usually the biggest improvement year, but there is no way Stevenson on her own improves so much she replaces Caitlyn and her production next year. That is ujust not even close to being a reasonable expectation. Same with Jones over Ellis and her production from this year to next. What can happen hopefully is Jones can replace most of Terry's assists and Poole and Amiyah can pick up the rest and those we lose from Ellis.

This is my only response to you today Pride, I am giving you chance to treat you like an adult, if you don't act like it I won't respond to you again this year.

Perimeter defense killed us this game. Guess what we are adding a 6’ and long top 50 lead guard next year in Amilah. Poole is the absolute real deal. Her quickness and scoring ability is going to be a game changer. I love Ellis and she has been great for us but she’s limited physically. JT has been great but also limited.

If don’t love our guards right now. I think Amilah, Poole, Spider, Swanson, is much more versatile than our current lineup, the key will be how our incoming posts will stack up and if Mila is ever going to produce or if we get a transfer veteran post player

<I don’t love our guards right now. I think Amilah, Poole, Spider, Swanson, is much more versatile than our current lineup, the key will be how our incoming posts will stack up and if Mila is ever going to produce or if we get a transfer veteran post player>

I agree almost completely with all of this.

BUT I do not expect our freshmen to come in and be as good next year as what we are losing in 5th year players, but the upside is huge and my hope is they get better all year long so by the end of the year we are as good or slightly better than this year. This is Mila's second year with a second program and still the same invisible woman act. I fully hope for Puryear and McCarthy to put her to the end of the bench where she and Alaina can work on their cheer routines. I don't think the frosh posts will add much offensively next year, Puryear might, but I think if they focus on D they can solidify one of this years teams weaknesses most games, interior D and hopefully rebounding. That is all I really want from them and maybe 6-10 points a game combined next season. I fully expect Swanson to keep getting better, the question marks are Monson and McKenna.... next year is their step up or step aside year because if the freshmen move ahead of them in the rotation (which I fully expect) they are going to be only seeing garbage time minutes the rest of their careers at Purdue.

<I don’t love our guards right now. I think Amilah, Poole, Spider, Swanson, is much more versatile than our current lineup, the key will be how our incoming posts will stack up and if Mila is ever going to produce or if we get a transfer veteran post player>

I agree almost completely with all of this.

BUT I do not expect our freshmen to come in and be as good next year as what we are losing in 5th year players, but the upside is huge and my hope is they get better all year long so by the end of the year we are as good or slightly better than this year. This is Mila's second year with a second program and still the same invisible woman act. I fully hope for Puryear and McCarthy to put her to the end of the bench where she and Alaina can work on their cheer routines. I don't think the frosh posts will add much offensively next year, Puryear might, but I think if they focus on D they can solidify one of this years teams weaknesses most games, interior D and hopefully rebounding. That is all I really want from them and maybe 6-10 points a game combined next season. I fully expect Swanson to keep getting better, the question marks are Monson and McKenna.... next year is their step up or step aside year because if the freshmen move ahead of them in the rotation (which I fully expect) they are going to be only seeing garbage time minutes the rest of their careers at Purdue.
The jury is completely out on McCarthy. But I’m fairly certain Puryear will immediately contribute. She is a PHYSICAL presence. She will come in and at least be able to defend and rebound. Scoring? Maybe not but look at her. Her build is advanced for her age

Reactions: MichaelRR
The jury is completely out on McCarthy. But I’m fairly certain Puryear will immediately contribute. She is a PHYSICAL presence. She will come in and at least be able to defend and rebound. Scoring? Maybe not but look at her. Her build is advanced for her age
I actually agree with this as well, Puryear has body development already. But can she play defense with her feet and not her hands and strength as a freshmen to stay out of foul trouble? That will be interesting to see. I just hope McCarthy can give 12-20 minutes a game, get a couple of rebounds, an occasional basket, good defense, and not hurt us... That would be an improvement over what we get from Alaina and Mila.

I actually agree with this as well, Puryear has body development already. But can she play defense with her feet and not her hands and strength as a freshmen to stay out of foul trouble? That will be interesting to see. I just hope McCarthy can give 12-20 minutes a game, get a couple of rebounds, an occasional basket, good defense, and not hurt us... That would be an improvement over what we get from Alaina and Mila.

I’m not ready to completely give up on Mila. Because if you are then why is she even taking up a roster spot. I’m also not optimistic about her, it’s a bizarre situation. She was fairly highly ranked coming out of high school and was very productive during her prep career. Don’t understand why she can’t at least come in and give us 5ppg off the bench.

I’m not ready to completely give up on Mila. Because if you are then why is she even taking up a roster spot. I’m also not optimistic about her, it’s a bizarre situation. She was fairly highly ranked coming out of high school and was very productive during her prep career. Don’t understand why she can’t at least come in and give us 5ppg off the bench.
So was Smith.... not all ranked players work out, and occasionally an unranked player is much better than expected. I am opimistic Swanson is better than her unranked status, but Mila doesn't seem to have the intensity, the desire, or the quickness to suddenly step up and start helping. I would LOVE to be wrong on that, but I think she is just not a college player.

Why keep her? I am old school, we offered her to get an edge on her sisters. Like Hoopsdad has said (although I don't agree with his whole spiel) if we push Mila out, we could quite likely lose the sisters. Now, if I were the coach and Mila came in asking what her future was and if she should leave, I would not try to talk her out of it. I actively dislike Frese and if she never won another game I would love it for the way she uses players like they are disposable cattle and not caring about them as people. I do not ever want to see a Purdue coach be that kind of scumbag. We offered Mila and Alaina scholarships, if they want to stay, you live with your mistakes and learn from them. We are seeing what a mistake it was to push Learn out as the rumors indicate happened. We have 24 minutes a game that Stevson or Harper are on the bench, I think having Learn in there instead of Mila/Alaina/McKenna with her energy and enthusiasm and we might have made another step forward instead of taking a step or two back this year.

So was Smith.... not all ranked players work out, and occasionally an unranked player is much better than expected. I am opimistic Swanson is better than her unranked status, but Mila doesn't seem to have the intensity, the desire, or the quickness to suddenly step up and start helping. I would LOVE to be wrong on that, but I think she is just not a college player.

Why keep her? I am old school, we offered her to get an edge on her sisters. Like Hoopsdad has said (although I don't agree with his whole spiel) if we push Mila out, we could quite likely lose the sisters. Now, if I were the coach and Mila came in asking what her future was and if she should leave, I would not try to talk her out of it. I actively dislike Frese and if she never won another game I would love it for the way she uses players like they are disposable cattle and not caring about them as people. I do not ever want to see a Purdue coach be that kind of scumbag. We offered Mila and Alaina scholarships, if they want to stay, you live with your mistakes and learn from them. We are seeing what a mistake it was to push Learn out as the rumors indicate happened. We have 24 minutes a game that Stevson or Harper are on the bench, I think having Learn in there instead of Mila/Alaina/McKenna with her energy and enthusiasm and we might have made another step forward instead of taking a step or two back this year.
The women’s game has 15 available scholarships. 15 players never contribute during the season. Injuries happen. TCU can’t even field a team right now. There a delicate balance of having enough players to field a team if tragedy strikes but also keeping everyone happy with playing time. It’s not an exact science given the unknown of life, this is what it’s important to recruit team players, not everyone is going to play, but if injuries happen will they be able to come in and contribute? This is why these coaches get paid the big bucks

Didn’t get to watch the game today as we had the grandkids with us, mostly running errands. Occasionally checked score and got to hear some of 2nd half on Sirius 85 when in the car.
Sounded like a great crowd and atmosphere. Glad IU was able to hang on. Hadn’t heard about Syd being out until mid-game. Sounds like PU did a good job on Mac inside. I had to do a double take on The 3-point shooting for IU. Looks like that was the difference.

Good to see Iowa lose too.

Didn’t get to watch the game today as we had the grandkids with us, mostly running errands. Occasionally checked score and got to hear some of 2nd half on Sirius 85 when in the car.
Sounded like a great crowd and atmosphere. Glad IU was able to hang on. Hadn’t heard about Syd being out until mid-game. Sounds like PU did a good job on Mac inside. I had to do a double take on The 3-point shooting for IU. Looks like that was the difference.

Good to see Iowa lose too.
Yeah we sagged back and sold out to try and stop Holmes including not playing our bench much at all. Jones got 20 minutes, the rest of the 3 players off the bench split 5 minutes. By the end of the game our starters were just gassed, especially Caitlyn Harper.

Heard Parrish has committed to coming back next year already, have not heard the same yet for Moore-McNeil but IU is still likely falling into the middle of the pack once Holmes and Scalia leave.

Portal time, I suppose. One experienced big and a shooter, but CTM is very choosy on who she feels fits her system (didn’t recruit AJ Guyton’s Daughter, who signed with Iowa). When Scalia is on, which looks like she was today, she’s just unreal. That was a great find. Will need another.

I was at the game today - tremendous atmosphere, great crowd though not quite a sellout. Probably 35% plus were IU fans & they were loud.
Best moment of the game was when Jones hit that 30+ foot shot at the end of Q3 just beating the shot clock. I honestly thought the roof was gonna blow off Mackey! The roar was deafening!!

Madison Layden played a superb game - faster than I’ve ever seen her move. Aggressive, drove the basket a couple times, played with high energy. That version of her is needed EVERY game.

IU’s 3-point shooting was other-worldly today. Garzon was money from 3 along with Chloe M-M. At one point their 3-pt percentage was like 77% !! Hard to beat that, although some of their looks were wide open. They played TIGHT perimeter defense and honestly I thought Purdue handled it decently most of the game.

Purdue looked the best I’ve seen them so far this year. Hope today’s effort and (most of their) execution can be sustained. They looked more connected & joyful today. Boiler Up gals!

I was at the game today - tremendous atmosphere, great crowd though not quite a sellout. Probably 35% plus were IU fans & they were loud.
Best moment of the game was when Jones hit that 30+ foot shot at the end of Q3 just beating the shot clock. I honestly thought the roof was gonna blow off Mackey! The roar was deafening!!

Madison Layden played a superb game - faster than I’ve ever seen her move. Aggressive, drove the basket a couple times, played with high energy. That version of her is needed EVERY game.

IU’s 3-point shooting was other-worldly today. Garzon was money from 3 along with Chloe M-M. At one point their 3-pt percentage was like 77% !! Hard to beat that, although some of their looks were wide open. They played TIGHT perimeter defense and honestly I thought Purdue handled it decently most of the game.

Purdue looked the best I’ve seen them so far this year. Hope today’s effort and (most of their) execution can be sustained. They looked more connected & joyful today. Boiler Up gals!
As I posted yesterday, this is my biggest frustration with this team. This is the third game they played really well, rising up to a challenge. Iowa, IU, and TxA&M(arguably). But they quickly go back to a C or D effort instead of the A effort they have shown they are capable of, but not motivated enough to play except "big" games.

We packed our defense in tight to try and slow Holmes down giving IU open threes as the trade off, and they made us pay for it.

Also props to Caitlyn for showing up big this game. 6-11, 5-6 from the ft line, 2 assists a block and no fouls. 18 points and outbattled an All-American toe to toe today. These are the games that make her 5 point 2 rebound games so hard to understand. Out of our 32 rebounds, 19 came from the departing 5th year players....

Stevenson works her tail off. While Harper Sr did well yesterday, she also ran out of gas. Stevenson appears to take good care of herself physically and this will help make her even more of a threat. I can absolutely see her come in next year and have a better presence than Harper Sr. Stevenson moves much better than Harper does now. Add a year of experience in the Big Ten and she will be so much stronger. Sophomore slump might get her so she will need to adjust as teams will study her and know her game more closely, but seems like a great kid. Represents us well.

Stevenson works her tail off. While Harper Sr did well yesterday, she also ran out of gas. Stevenson appears to take good care of herself physically and this will help make her even more of a threat. I can absolutely see her come in next year and have a better presence than Harper Sr. Stevenson moves much better than Harper does now. Add a year of experience in the Big Ten and she will be so much stronger. Sophomore slump might get her so she will need to adjust as teams will study her and know her game more closely, but seems like a great kid. Represents us well.
Absolutely, I expect Steveson to improve, but not to the point she is scoring 21 ppg and pulling down 10rpg on average every night. That is what it would take to replace Caitlyn Harper AND her current production combined. Then there is Terry's 8 rpg to be addressed that likely won't come from the guards.........

Portal time, I suppose. One experienced big and a shooter, but CTM is very choosy on who she feels fits her system (didn’t recruit AJ Guyton’s Daughter, who signed with Iowa). When Scalia is on, which looks like she was today, she’s just unreal. That was a great find. Will need another.
Absolutely, I expect Steveson to improve, but not to the point she is scoring 21 ppg and pulling down 10rpg on average every night. That is what it would take to replace Caitlyn Harper AND her current production combined. Then there is Terry's 8 rpg to be addressed that likely won't come from the guards.........

I would thinks it’s logical for Stevenson to average around 15 ppg and 5 reb. Next year. As she improves offensively and get stronger . That’s not at all unrealistic. So you’re saying the combo of Mila, two incoming kids, Harper jr. Or a transfer post. Can’t combine to average 5- 6 ppg? We are getting 20 ppg and 9 rpg from our post tandem, better than last year but not exactly great, I don’t get you. One day Harper is trash the next she’s some irreplaceable weapon. Harper has been great for us - she has delivered all she was asked to do, but I would hope we can replace her 11 ppg and 4 reb. Next year. If not then that would be 4 recruiting misses by KG.

Anyways all this speculation is pointless - who knows what our roster will be next year with the way turnover is in the college game. Do I hope we don’t have a ton of transfers - yes. That is a sign of a good culture and program. Do I expect them?yes. But let’s just wait and see what the roster looks like next year and go from there.

Last edited:
I would thinks it’s logical for Stevenson to average around 15 ppg and 5 reb. Next year. As she improves offensively and get stronger . That’s not at all unrealistic. So you’re saying the combo of Mila, two incoming kids, Harper jr. Or a transfer post. Can’t combine to average 5- 6 ppg? We are getting 20 ppg and 9 rpg from our post tandem, better than last year but not exactly great, I don’t get you. One day Harper is trash the next she’s some irreplaceable weapon. Harper has been great for us - she has delivered all she was asked to do, but I would hope we can replace her 11 ppg and 4 reb. Next year. If not then that would be 4 recruiting misses by KG.
Okay, let me go slow since you either A) don't understand what I have said or B) are just wanting to start slinging poo again like you used to.

Caitlyn has been a good player, not great and not irreplaceable. What I said last year was I was not sure she was better than what we were getting from Learn and Woltman and her addition did not make a significant difference overall on the team as her numbers mostly offset what we lost from Learn and Woltman with the minutes they lost and many games those two playing the same or lesser minutes outperformed Caitlyn. Biggest improvement this year is Caitlyn is rebounding better, but she still tends to drift out to the perimeter when we would be better suited with her banging down on the blocks. "Also props to Caitlyn for showing up big this game. 6-11, 5-6 from the ft line, 2 assists a block and no fouls. 18 points and outbattled an All-American toe to toe today. These are the games that make her 5 point 2 rebound games so hard to understand." Did you not read that when I posted it yesterday?

You made the statement that Stevenson's improvement would replace what we lost from Harper graduating and I merely pointed out it was unrealistic to expect MA to get 21ppg and 10 rpg average every night next year. I also agreed with you that Puryear looks like she could help right away, hopefully getting 6-10 ppg or so and helping shore up our rebounding. I would be very happy with 15 ppg next year from MA, but would hope for 7-8 rpg from her instead of only getting 5 which is basically no improvement over hier current 5.3 average.

I expect nothing from Mila and Alaina next year, same as they are giving this season as sophmores. I also do not expect anything from Smith at this point. They might all have moments against SW Idaho St Polytechnic, but against quality competition they are simply too outclassed.

I also previously stated I hoped the freshmen posts could be defensive help and get a few points and help with the rebounding we are losing. "I don't think the frosh posts will add much offensively next year, Puryear might, but I think if they focus on D they can solidify one of this years teams weaknesses most games, interior D and hopefully rebounding. That is all I really want from them and maybe 6-10 points a game combined next season." Or did you miss that too?

I do actually enjoy hearing from you when you stick to the facts and what people actually post instead of when you start building completely ficticious strawmen to burn down and act like you are winning an argument. When you get into moods like this its like playing chess against a pidgeon, it just walks around the board flapping its wings knocking pieces over and shitting on everything thinking its winning.

Okay, let me go slow since you either A) don't understand what I have said or B) are just wanting to start slinging poo again like you used to.

Caitlyn has been a good player, not great and not irreplaceable. What I said last year was I was not sure she was better than what we were getting from Learn and Woltman and her addition did not make a significant difference overall on the team as her numbers mostly offset what we lost from Learn and Woltman with the minutes they lost and many games those two playing the same or lesser minutes outperformed Caitlyn. Biggest improvement this year is Caitlyn is rebounding better, but she still tends to drift out to the perimeter when we would be better suited with her banging down on the blocks. "Also props to Caitlyn for showing up big this game. 6-11, 5-6 from the ft line, 2 assists a block and no fouls. 18 points and outbattled an All-American toe to toe today. These are the games that make her 5 point 2 rebound games so hard to understand." Did you not read that when I posted it yesterday?

You made the statement that Stevenson's improvement would replace what we lost from Harper graduating and I merely pointed out it was unrealistic to expect MA to get 21ppg and 10 rpg average every night next year. I also agreed with you that Puryear looks like she could help right away, hopefully getting 6-10 ppg or so and helping shore up our rebounding. I would be very happy with 15 ppg next year from MA, but would hope for 7-8 rpg from her instead of only getting 5 which is basically no improvement over hier current 5.3 average.

I expect nothing from Mila and Alaina next year, same as they are giving this season as sophmores. I also do not expect anything from Smith at this point. They might all have moments against SW Idaho St Polytechnic, but against quality competition they are simply too outclassed.

I also previously stated I hoped the freshmen posts could be defensive help and get a few points and help with the rebounding we are losing. "I don't think the frosh posts will add much offensively next year, Puryear might, but I think if they focus on D they can solidify one of this years teams weaknesses most games, interior D and hopefully rebounding. That is all I really want from them and maybe 6-10 points a game combined next season." Or did you miss that too?

I do actually enjoy hearing from you when you stick to the facts and what people actually post instead of when you start building completely ficticious strawmen to burn down and act like you are winning an argument. When you get into moods like this its like playing chess against a pidgeon, it just walks around the board flapping its wings knocking pieces over and shitting on everything thinking its winning.

By the time a player is a junior in college. That’s 2 years and summers to develop. And they are not produced anything. Then they need to go. Or be recruited over. If KG sits down with them after the season and truly feels like neither are going to produce here. Then she needs to tell them that and she will go to the transfer portal and get a post player who has proved she can produce at a high level. And it will be up to them if they want to finish out their two years here riding the bench,

It’s not KG’s job to get players here who are not serious about helping this team win basketball games. Neither is doing that right now. So we need to get a transfer that will because I’m not exactly optimistic about our incoming freshmen posts will immediately contribute. It’s rare to find a post player who contributes day 1. We did that with MA. Even highly ranked posts come and struggle for a year. But by the time they are juniors - it’s time for them to contribute or leave.

All I’m asking is 5-6 ppg and a couple rebounds from each of them. As a junior - that is not asking for the world. If we get that - then that in itself will make up for Harper’s 11/4 stat line. And that’s also not factoring in the rookies ane MA’s improvement.

Last edited:
Hopefully Purdue’s point guard next year scores better than 5 points a game, I would think whoever it is will do that. Nothing against Terry but it’s time for another direction out of that position. Teams often back up on her, need a bit more of an offensive option, it opens up more things on offense. On a good team she’s a nice reserve, on this team she’s counted on for 32-36 minutes a night, that’s way too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gesysp and Larry77
By the time a player is a junior in college. That’s 2 years and summers to develop. And they are not produced anything. Then they need to go. Or be recruited over. If KG sits down with them after the season and truly feels like neither are going to produce here. Then she needs to tell them that and she will go to the transfer portal and get a post player who has proved she can produce at a high level. And it will be up to them if they want to finish out their two years here riding the bench,

It’s not KG’s job to get players here who are not serious about helping this team win basketball games. Neither is doing that right now. So we need to get a transfer that will because I’m not exactly optimistic about our incoming freshmen posts will immediately contribute. It’s rare to find a post player who contributes day 1. We did that with MA. Even highly ranked posts come and struggle for a year. But by the time they are juniors - it’s time for them to contribute or leave.

All I’m asking is 5-6 ppg and a couple rebounds from each of them. As a junior - that is not asking for the world. If we get that - then that in itself will make up for Harper’s 11/4 stat line. And that’s also not factoring in the rookies ane MA’s improvement.
As it is we would have 7 posts on the roster in two years.... that is too many already. I don't think we need to add anymore unless Alaina and Mila voluntarily leave. Otherwise getting 6-10ppg and 4-8 rbg from the frosh and having them play good D should not be too much to ask if they are moderately competent. I am not asking for too much, especially from a big girl that handles like a guard, has great quickness and has the ability to score at all three levels (according to your eval of McCarthy) ;) <lighten up Francis, that was just a joke>

And if KG starts spring Creaning I won't support her at all. That is scumbag behavior and I don't want any coach at my school treating players like disposable cattle like that.

Hopefully Purdue’s point guard next year scores better than 5 points a game, I would think whoever it is will do that. Nothing against Terry but it’s time for another direction out of that position.
Hopefully they can get as 3/4 as many assists as Terry gets too, because a pg that scores but doesn't distribute would be worse than what we have.

As it is we would have 7 posts on the roster in two years.... that is too many already. I don't think we need to add anymore unless Alaina and Mila voluntarily leave. Otherwise getting 6-10ppg and 4-8 rbg from the frosh and having them play good D should not be too much to ask if they are moderately competent. I am not asking for too much, especially from a big girl that handles like a guard, has great quickness and has the ability to score at all three levels (according to your eval of McCarthy) ;) <lighten up Francis, that was just a joke>

And if KG starts spring Creaning I won't support her at all. That is scumbag behavior and I don't want any coach at my school treating players like disposable cattle like that.

The issue I have with you - well one of many - is that you don’t seem to realize that college sports is a completely different beast now with NIL and instant transfer. The are no longer just college kids. These are paid professionals. Clark is probably making up to a million dollars. So no a coach who gave a player 3 years to develop and still hasn’t - has very little loyalty to a player when it’s her job to win basketball games. Just like a player has no loyalty to a coach who took a leap on them and they blew up averaged 20/10 and transfers to LSU so they can get a pay day, This is a business now and KG is the business to win, you find the players who can help do that. But of course you would love to have KG have to sit with these players for 4 years - not win - so your can shit post on the board all day,

The issue I have with you - well one of many - is that you don’t seem to realize that college sports is a completely different beast now with NIL and instant transfer. The are no longer just college kids. These are paid professionals. Clark is probably making up to a million dollars. So no a coach who gave a player 3 years to develop and still hasn’t - has very little loyalty to a player when it’s her job to win basketball games. Just like a player has no loyalty to a coach who took a leap on them and they blew up averaged 20/10 and transfers to LSU so they can get a pay day, This is a business now and KG is the business to win, you find the players who can help do that. But of course you would love to have KG have to sit with these players for 4 years - not win - so your can shit post on the board all day,
There are a handful of women making NIL off their play on court at this time. Less than a dozen. Quit lying your ass off to make yourself look like you know something when you just don't. And if you are advocating for KG to act like Frese and Crean, we have nothing more to talk about because that is encouraging win at all costs and knowingly accepting your coach is just using these kids for her benefit and not concerned about them as people and is a scumbag and you don't care..... I don't want that at Purdue and once it becomes obvious KG is doing that I will walk away, as will many other women's fans who don't watch the men anymore because that type or moral decay is the norm there already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT