ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Penn State THREAD

Listening on Bob-FM - Purdue playing tougher and with more energy than all season it seems. 76-76 with 6 or so minutes to go.
Some 34% 3-point shooter for PSU is going off tonight. Of course. PSU shooting over 50%. Boilers hanging tough so far.

Would love a win for the seniors

Reactions: DocRon
It was a fun game to watch. Penn State shot well the whole game. Caitlyn Harper getting hurt there in the 4th really took the wind out of their sails. Caitlyn had played a great game until that happened. I think she had 29 points.

Ashley Owusu is really good.

Negatives -

Our defense. We seem to be at our best when we go zone, against teams that can't shoot. Penn st can shoot, so we were forced into alot of man and couldn't get stops.

Caitlyn Harper's injury, on senior night no less. I'm hoping it's not too serious and she can come back before the season ends.

Positives -

All 4 seniors. I really felt a sense of urgency all night from them, and they all had their moments on senior night. Wish we could of gotten this kind of play from them more this season.

Caitlyn Harper - injury aside, she was phenomenal. Great job sealing her defender on alot of post ups. Finished consistently through contact, 3-4 from range.

Jenae Terry - vintage Terry, stuffed the stat sheet. Only 3 turnovers in a faster paced game is fine. I thought she was a little more demonstrative than normal. She really wanted this win and did everything she could to help.

Swanson - had a few questionable shots, had to force some late but still had some nice moments, particularly in the first half. Ran the floor for a layup, made a turn around jumper in the lane off a drive. Continuing to show she's not just a 3 point shooter.

Final thoughts -

Fun but frustrating game at times. PSU has one of the best offenses in the league and sliced through us like a hot knife in butter. Proud of the fight the 4 seniors showed.

Sounds like an exciting game, looks like Penn State’s guards lit it up. Likely a 5-13 record heading into the tourney, sure didn’t see that coming. Just goes to show, older doesn’t mean better.

I wish I had not missed the game, but real life came up. Looking at the box score, the underclassmen all struggled and we were carried almost exclusively by the seniors. Swanson got 10 points, but took 15 shots, that is not a winning strategy. We outrebounded PSU by 9, kept turnovers below 10, and shot a pretty decent percentage. Unfortunately PSU shot over 56% for the game and they had a couple of players just get really hot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT