ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue falls to Penn State 80-66

Disheartening result for sure. Was only able to catch the last quarter on tv, and Purdue looked inept and disconnected.
Listening to the post game studio analysis, one of the gals (Shimmy person?) said Jeanae Terry had zero points and only took 2 shots?
Apparently 3-point shooting was awful and Madison Layden went 0-fer? Something is just not clicking this year and it’s not a good situation (poor game, 3rd straight loss) with IU coming to Mackey on Sunday.
It’s been stated more than once by various folks here (me included) that the team seems to have regressed from last season. This is baffling.

One other observation - and this is from my very limited viewings of interviews and post game pressers, so maybe I’m off base -but Coach KG seems less energetic than last year, including on the sidelines. But there could be a hundred things going on behind the scenes that none of us know about.
Just overall disappointing after 2seasons of rebirth, growth, enthusiasm, optimism etc. Things just seem flat right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT