ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Penn State: Predictions & Game Thread

I like the Boilers' chances, but I expect a hard fought tight tussle. I think CMP's Purdue teams are 7-4 in The Tomb with a couple of OT games the last two trips ('15, '17). Purdue rarely has a comfortable win there, at least over the last decade +. Another opportunity for this team to "Make its Mark" on the road in the conference. We shall see......FS1 coverage, 7:00 (Eastern time). Hopefully, it will be Nojel Eastern's time again as well.

I like the Boilers' chances, but I expect a hard fought tight tussle. I think CMP's Purdue teams are 7-4 in The Tomb with a couple of OT games the last two trips ('15, '17). Purdue rarely has a comfortable win there, at least over the last decade +. Another opportunity for this team to "Make its Mark" on the road in the conference. We shall see......FS1 coverage, 7:00 (Eastern time). Hopefully, it will be Nojel Eastern's time again as well.
I like our chances too but I think we will have to overcome a slow start there coming of a big win and then playing at a place like psu. I think 23 yr. old Watkins will give us trouble along w/ Stevens. The wild cards are Reaves and Dread. Will have to see how they come out and play for a coach who I think is gone after this season.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I agree with Tex. It's gonna be a tt……..tight tussle. Hopefully the shooting is warmer than the temperatures, and PU continues to get the job done as a team!
BTFU!!

Reactions: Schnelk
I like our chances too but I think we will have to overcome a slow start there coming of a big win and then playing at a place like psu. I think 23 yr. old Watkins will give us trouble along w/ Stevens. The wild cards are Reaves and Dread. Will have to see how they come out and play for a coach who I think is gone after this season.

Yes....and thankfully Shep Garner and Tony Carr have moved on.

Tony Carr. Whoever got in his ear and told him to declare was certainly not looking out for Tony.

....or hiring an agent before working out for any teams.

Unfortunately, the whole early entry process really boomeranged on him and Penn State, just when they were starting to get a little traction and momentum. As some have suggested, the resulting spiral this year may cost Chambers his position. Regardless, the Boilers can't afford to take this Penn State squad, nor any team for that matter, lightly.

On the bright side, he's probably getting a lot of good food and plenty of pasta...."Hey, Paisano! He was so brilliant in the mountains of Nittany....an absolute maestro from the back-court."

dickvitale.jpg

Last edited:
Purdue 72 PSU 64

Need to feed the ball inside and make the free throws.

Boogie gets 28 with 10+ from the free throw line.

Cline, Wheeler and Sasha need to be selective in the 3 point shooting and if the shot is falling, keep shooting, but if not pass the ball because a missed 3 is a turnover and we can't afford those.

Like to see 70% paint scoring to 30% from three point line......feed the inside and get PSU in foul trouble.

Boiler Up!

I'm going the other way. I'm confident today that we win by 20+ like we should. It's a little surprising the spread is so low (7.5) but I like a big win tonight.

I think the line is somewhat based upon the belief that we will be emotionally wrung out from the MSU win. That and we have not played well there recently.

I'm going with a low scoring game. 69-59 Boilers

Reactions: delish1
I need a final score that goes well with my Irish whiskey.....as in a comfortable win. Man I the older I get the more I hate this tight games.

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT