ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Maryland II: Predictions and Game Thread

It's a problem because other people don't take a shot when they are open. They have to do that in order to keep the defense honest. When they aren't taking and making shots, you then have Carsen forcing shots. At one point, Nojel was out top and his man was in the lane. You can't run offense when the defense is guarding you that way.

Carsen is the only one who can get his own shot. Cline can’t. NE won’t (they’ll let him shoot jumpers all day but that’s why they don’t guard him out there). Grady can’t.
We had some opportunities (Wheeler missed at least 3 wide open looks) but once that momentum swung, we couldn’t get it back.

What were his stats tonight? You can deny it all you want, but his lack of offensive threat is part of the problem and why Purdue will have games like this.
Who had a good game tonight?

And you want to blame Eifert. lol... again.

Or you have to sit Carsen for taking 27 shots. We didn't even use our big men tonight. We didn't need another 3 point shooter out there.

Tre couldn’t stay on the floor and Haarms wanted no part of Fernando. He was way too worried about getting blocked.
There was no inside game tonight.

What were his stats tonight? You can deny it all you want, but his lack of offensive threat is part of the problem and why Purdue will have games like this.
As long as you are relying on the box score, remember when you were calling for Wheeler to replace him. Brilliant.

I missed the game. I saw the boxscore and some comments.

I have two questions. Were Carsen and the other players taking ill advised shots and not playing team ball? or were they good % shots that just didn't fall?

second question - given that Maryland had a twin towers, did Purdue experiment by playing both Tre and Haarms at the same time?

I guess this was a match-up you just don't like to see. We played better against Maryland at home, but reading some of the stories from that game, Maryland basically gave that game away in the final minute with their last 3 possessions.

We lost to a good team on the road. it happens. Maryland is a young team that has improved since we played them last.

I have two questions. Were Carsen and the other players taking ill advised shots and not playing team ball? or were they good % shots that just didn't fall?

second question - given that Maryland had a twin towers, did Purdue experiment by playing both Tre and Haarms at the same time?

I guess this was a match-up you just don't like to see. We played better against Maryland at home, but reading some of the stories from that game, Maryland basically gave that game away in the final minute with their last 3 possessions.

We lost to a god team on the road. it happens.
We couldn't buy a basket in the second half. No way would we usually get beat by a team that scores 70 (really 68). We couldn't throw the ball into the ocean from the shore. Maryland played well enough to win with our poor shooting. Nobody to blame. It seems like everybody went cold in the second half.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Homered in the 2nd half.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Schnelk and mathboy
Fernando is an absolute load to handle for Purdue. Tre isn’t experienced enough to handle him. Haarms made terrible decisions on defense. Maryland also shot the ball pretty well. Purdue couldn’t buy a shot in half two. The Maryland students were the real losers. Flipping off Purdue players. Classless

When the shooting is this bad, you gotta sit eastern. Or its way too easy to defend Purdue
Oh so I gonna blame Nojel are u F ing serious u watched the same game I watched. U got to be kidding me that u wanna blame him bcuz he didn’t take a shot WOW that’s really a lame excuse to pin this on my son.

Reactions: Schnelk
Fernando is an absolute load to handle for Purdue. Tre isn’t experienced enough to handle him. Haarms made terrible decisions on defense. Maryland also shot the ball pretty well. Purdue couldn’t buy a shot in half two. The Maryland students were the real losers. Flipping off Purdue players. Classless
they're frustrated that they've won exactly ZERO big ten championships in basketball or football. Tough to handle coming from a program that thought they were too good for BIG basketball.

Didn’t see them when we kicked MSU ass either.
When Purdue wins, it doesn't prove anything because, even when a team is ranked, they are obviously overrated. But when Purdue loses, it somehow validates the trolls and makes them feel good about themselves.

Reactions: mathboy
they're frustrated that they've won exactly ZERO big ten championships in basketball or football. Tough to handle coming from a program that thought they were too good for BIG basketball.

We have only been in a few years. We wish we won a championship of course, but we are realistic. We never thought we were too good for B1G basketball I have no idea where you get that from.

We hate the style of UFC officiating and hacking, shoving, and grabbing the refs let go and PSU/Illinois/Wisconsin make basketball a travesty. I like up and down scoring like tonight with Purdue and were it not for going ice cold it would have gone down to the wire.

My wife went to Purdue, she knows our fans are animals. It's my opinion but Maryland has the best home court advantage because of those fans. Mackey is #2, and I've been there.

My reasons are simple, Painter is a great coach Purdue is good on road and better at home.

We have been good and stunk, but we always win at home even if we stink. Turgeon is like 0-18 vs ranked teams on the road and 9-10 at home vs. ranked teams. We also are usually not the favorites. The crowd can really keep the defensive intensity high and ride a player to no end. I apologize for some of the rudeness our fans exhibit.

Anyways, we are 34-7 at home since joining the B1G and I think Purdue has 2-3 wins at Maryland, so Painter is a hell of a coach who was riding a 5 game winning streak vs MD, I dunno why anyone would complain about him after one loss.

Hoping this is the year Turge can turn the corner and get that road win and make some noise in the tourney. Good luck.

Reactions: Schnelk

We lost to a good team on the road. it happens. Maryland is a young team that has improved since we played them last.

SEVERAL of CE shots were piss poor. Especially as the game was getting away from us. By the time those bricks were being jacked up and Maryland adjusted to the doubleteams...then their offense sparked. They fed off of bricks and the layups and dunks from adjusting to our doubleteams. Terrible second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT