ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Maryland II: Predictions and Game Thread

We were due for one, I'm not too worked up about it honestly. on to the next one, would have been nice to somehow win a conference title. But this might give us a reset for the remaining games.

Also, I love me some Fernando, sue me. guy's a stud.

I agree that specific event happened once, but similar plays like that happen more than people want to admit. Even if Carsen passed at 15 seconds, by the time he gets the ball back it will be under 5.

He shot 27 times tonight...27 times...I repeat 27 times. If you haven't figured that out, it's a bit of a problem.

Reactions: boilerpt
The constant double team is killing us. These guys find the open man very well. It’s a shame we failed to adjust. We made it way to easy for them on too many possessions.

Yep, Fernando is a great passer and very poised. Good idea on paper, but our guys can't guard him 1/1 either

Hopefully we can go home and get well against PSU as a tune-up for the game down in the Hall of Calls. We’re going to need to be at our best next week as IU has little more to play for than to be a spoiler for us.

Reactions: PU pit bull
He shot 27 times tonight...27 times...I repeat 27 times. If you haven't figured that out, it's a bit of a problem.
It's a problem because other people don't take a shot when they are open. They have to do that in order to keep the defense honest. When they aren't taking and making shots, you then have Carsen forcing shots. At one point, Nojel was out top and his man was in the lane. You can't run offense when the defense is guarding you that way.

Unbelievable stat... we shot 20-71 tonight. 28 percent as a TEAM. That is garbage. We need to turn it around or we'll get beat by PSU on our home floor.

Yep, Fernando is a great passer and very poised. Good idea on paper, but our guys can't guard him 1/1 either
There was a segment with Fernando on big ten live last night where they highlighted how well he and Smith were playing together. Several of the clips were Fernando finding him from the double team. Tonight was a carbon copy.

It's a problem because other people don't take a shot when they are open. They have to do that in order to keep the defense honest. When they aren't taking and making shots, you then have Carsen forcing shots. At one point, Nojel was out top and his man was in the lane. You can't run offense when the defense is guarding you that way.

Oh, so when Carsen pops a shot with 18 seconds left on the shot clock, nobody else could get open? So he had to shoot it?

Reactions: IndySouthsider
Oh, so when Carsen pops a shot with 18 seconds left on the shot clock, nobody else could get open? So he had to shoot it?
What's wrong with taking a shot then? You need to periodically take early shots to keep the defense honest. Otherwise, they relax until the end of the possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT