ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Marquette...

Nov 30, 2003
So here we go again. Purdue vs a Shaka Smart coached team. A team with a guard-oriented, 8-man rotation, vs a Purdue team that is built with a VERY deep bench to wear you down. On paper, we should have the fresher legs. Another words, 3 games in 3 days equals a battle of attrition. Also statistically, there is no way we shoot a worse FT percentage.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
So here we go again. Purdue vs a Shaka Smart coached team. A team with a guard-oriented, 8-man rotation, vs a Purdue team that is built with a VERY deep bench to wear you down. On paper, we should have the fresher legs. Another words, 3 games in 3 days equals a battle of attrition. Also statistically, there is no way we shoot a worse FT percentage.

M has a shorter turn around. That advantage is Purdue. But the physical game we had likely cancels that advantage out as that was a draining game w/ T.

These are likely the toughest guards Purdue has seen yet. That M PG is something else. They could press us. Actually hope they do, want to see how Purdue does against a great press??

Should be fun! Hope we have the legs to shoot, which on a good day is challenging anyway. Probably will in H1, We will see in H2?

Really after our 1-9 start on FT line we were ok, but yes should do better. Braden's misses at the end were a result of him being tired, he will be ok.

I do think Marquette is a much better team than Tenny. Dolek , the point guard is wonderful and then they bring off the bench the "fastest guy in CBB", I do not see how we will keep them out of the lane. The center for Marq does not have a refined game, but he is long, quick and jumps very well , especially gets up quickly. He will give Edey trouble on defense. They also use him in lots of pick and rolls and he works well with Dolek and some of the other Marq players. That motion will give Edey lots of problems. I think we will have our hands full and really expect us to lose today.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
It's Kolek, and the match-up with Braden will be a good one. Similar styles.

Purdue -4 this morning from a source. Mine isn't out yet for some reason.

It's Kolek, and the match-up with Braden will be a good one. Similar styles.

Purdue -4 this morning from a source. Mine isn't out yet for some reason.
Dang. Wouldn’t bet this one with Wolegab’s money but thats a lotta points…

This whole tourney is great - MU is playing high level ball. The Zags, MU, and Tennessee are each better than every Big 10 team other than Purdue. Hopefully these lessons "stick".
No doubt. Wish we could play this tourney at the end of January haha. I don’t want us to fall into the B1G style, although the mugging on both sides reminded me of playing at northwestern haha…except UT has a lot better athletes and players.

I think marq will get this one but will be tight. -4 purdue is alot of points. Would def take marq to cover. Possible final 4 or national championship level game thia afternoon. Cant wait!

I think marq will get this one but will be tight. -4 purdue is alot of points. Would def take marq to cover. Possible final 4 or national championship level game thia afternoon. Cant wait!
It’s been that way whole tourney with zags, UT and now today. Want to see how they guard Braden…UT applied a ton of pressure to him all game and didn’t let him get many shots off. He masked the pressure decently, but want to see how he handles Kolek this year and how he guards against Kolek too. Hope Fletch continues his shooting!

Reactions: drewjin
FanDuel has PU -3.5 right now. I hope I'm wrong, but that looks like an easy pic to take Marquette and the points. I stayed up and watched that game and I would have Marquette favored by a couple points if I was setting the line. This is exactly the kind of team that gives us problems. We beat this team and I will be very impressed (and very happy)!!!

FanDuel has PU -3.5 right now. I hope I'm wrong, but that looks like an easy pic to take Marquette and the points. I stayed up and watched that game and I would have Marquette favored by a couple points if I was setting the line. This is exactly the kind of team that gives us problems. We beat this team and I will be very impressed (and very happy)!!!
Purdue was -3.5 yesterday and won by 4. I don't bet anymore but Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on Zach getting a 20/10 game or better before I would put money on the spread either direction

Purdue was -3.5 yesterday and won by 4. I don't bet anymore but Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on Zach getting a 20/10 game or better before I would put money on the spread either direction
As much as they "know what they are doing" you also have complete surprises, like Marquette dominating Kansas when they were +4.5.

As much as they "know what they are doing" you also have complete surprises, like Marquette dominating Kansas when they were +4.5.
I watched the KU v UK game and wondered if UK was that good or if KU wasn't as good as advertised.

It's hard to tell sometimes, especially with legacy programs like UK and KU who consistently bring in yearly rotations of one and done players that sometimes never see the court before going to the NBA

The game is changing though. We are moving away from the throw it into the paint era into the 6-7 combo point guard and 6-10 combo shooting guard / wing Era of basketball.

I mean Wemby and Chet are practically 7'4" shooting guards now.

I also like over Jones 10.5 points, this seems like a good matchup for him, guessing he launches 4-5 threes, hopefully he hits a few lol

Kansas was less than impressive last night, but I'm not sure how much of that had to do with them or Marquette

Edey is due for a huge game. Either the shots haven't been falling or he's been on the bench (fouls, blowouts).

I just want a fair and consistently called game where the officials are actually paying attention. This is a great matchup for both teams and for the college basketball fan. Go boilers!

Reactions: drewjin
Some betting props:
-3.5 total 141
Smith 10.5 pts, 5.5 assets, 4.5 rebs
Edey 20.5 pts 12.5 rebs
Loyer 9.5 pts
Lance 9.5 pts

Edey and Smith KILLED Marquette last year. I feel good about this one. As long as the stripes aren't phantom fouling Zach outta the game.

Reactions: tjreese
I'm seeing some folks not wanting the #1 ranking or not really caring. Guys, we want the #1 ranking. It's great for Purdue, its great for the current players, its great for recruiting.
It is also great to get everyone's best shot...assuming the players handle the pressure better this year

Reactions: BoilerAndy
their one guard ( Cam Jones? ) went off on us last year too

Kam Jones - had 19, 5/12 from deep.

Also - Marquette was one of the few teams to outrebound Purdue last year.....really hurt the Boilers on the offensive glass with quickness.

Think this is going to be a very competitive and interesting game.....could see it going either way to be candid.

I may not be able to join the fun later today due to some unforeseen circumstances.....so if not, enjoy the game and Boiler Up, my friends.

i
i

I'm seeing some folks not wanting the #1 ranking or not really caring. Guys, we want the #1 ranking. It's great for Purdue, its great for the current players, its great for recruiting.

I will take the #1 ranking next week, but what I really want is the #1 ranking after the season is over.

I started my Boiler fandom in 1990 when I enrolled. I grew up in Ohio, so wasnt a fan until then. My point, I want a final 4 and championship more than anything, and it has yet to happen for me.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Kam Jones - had 19, 5/12 from deep.

Also - Marquette was one of the few teams to outrebound Purdue last year.....really hurt the Boilers on the offensive glass with quickness.

Think this is going to be a very competitive and interesting game.....could see it going either way to be candid.

I may not be able to join the fun later today due to some unforeseen circumstances.....so if not, enjoy the game and Boiler Up, my friends.

i
i
hopeful it is nothing serious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT