ADVERTISEMENT

Next up in the race for overall #1

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Purdue at Michigan Sunday 1pm CT
Villanova at UConn Saturday 7pm CT
Houston at Baylor Saturday 11am CT

Obviously Houston has the hardest game. Baylor is an interesting team. Every time I think I'm on their bandwagon to be a player in March, they lose. Very talented and a great coach.

Line guesses:
Houston +2
UConn -5.5
Purdue -12.5

If Houston loses solo, it basically puts us back where we all were pre-O$U, especially with Arizona losing last night. Although Arizona wasn't really close to the 3. Including the Baylor game, Houston has 4 Q1 games remaining, including at Oklahoma and home vs Kansas. Tough stretch although Oklahoma is a fraud IMO. UConn still goes to Marquette along with a rematch with Seton Hall, which incidentally I'll be visiting with my high schooler over Spring Break.

Wow way off on Houston. Just saw it come out as Houston -2.5. Well they were favored at the Phog and got run out of the gym, so maybe that happens again.

Not that is matters much but Lunardi and Mike DeCourcy has Purdue the # 1 overall today.

Reactions: goboilers2
We may lose at Illinois, but we aren’t losing any other games in the Big Ten this year - just don’t see us losing at home to Michigan State or Wisconsin. Go into the BTT with a max of 4 losses, continue to play with the lineup - Heide in more for Loyer when he’s off - keep making FTs, limit turnovers - and we are in the best possible scenario headed into the tourney. And I just love what Gillis gives us - tough as hell, shooting the 3 lights out and playing his role incredibly well.

Lunardi made the change solely off of the UConn loss to Creighton, before our win last night.
Perhaps, but his new brackets were posted at 10am today, well after Purdue’s game vs Rutgers. Beat Michigan!!!

I thought Purdue would handle OSU without too much trouble. Hopefully Michigan doesn't fire Howard tomorrow.
Yep, thought the same thing before I heard they fired the coach. Well, let's just hope they don't wheel out Timmy and Jimmy for the game dedication.
staring stan marsh GIF by South Park

I was clearly imagining that UConn was playing at Nova today based on my line guess. It's at UConn and they're -12.5.

I don't think it really matters. They are gonna give Purdue Midwest, UConn east and Houston south. Not sure who will grab the west. Even if Uconn or Houston is the #1 team in the country that's how it's gonna play out. Unless Uconn or Houston falls flat and loses a #1 seed

‘Effin Brian Piccolo games….

I went from my home in VA to the Purdue-PSU football game back in the 90s when we were fighting for national recognition. A win in happy valley against a mediocre, overrated Paterno team should have been a major springboard for Purdue but Tailfero’s unfortunate head injury the week before turned it into a Gipper-esque rallying point.

Reactions: DrEss
I don't think it really matters. They are gonna give Purdue Midwest, UConn east and Houston south. Not sure who will grab the west. Even if Uconn or Houston is the #1 team in the country that's how it's gonna play out. Unless Uconn or Houston falls flat and loses a #1 seed
That is true, however it does matter in that if Purdue is the overall # 1 seed, then the next two best teams at the time, would have to play each other before getting to the Championship game, where they will hopefully meet Purdue. This year, there seems to be a drop off, from # 3 to # 4. At least there is at this point of the season. Go Baylor!!!

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
‘Effin Brian Piccolo games….

I went from my home in VA to the Purdue-PSU football game back in the 90s when we were fighting for national recognition. A win in happy valley against a mediocre, overrated Paterno team should have been a major springboard for Purdue but Tailfero’s unfortunate head injury the week before turned it into a Gipper-esque rallying point.
I remember my dad being pissed they decided to dedicate the game to that guy against us. Knew we were going to lose lol

Houston just destroying Baylor right now in Waco. Not sure it matters how big UCONN wins tonight against Nova, Houston might be 1.

As for overall #1, I think we still hold serve based on our SOS and no con. Also B12 is a loophole conference. If you look at their NET, they games it with their non-con. Wouldn’t be surprised to see most of their tourney teams fizzle out early this year.

Houston just destroying Baylor right now in Waco. Not sure it matters how big UCONN wins tonight against Nova, Houston might be 1.

As for overall #1, I think we still hold serve based on our SOS and no con. Also B12 is a loophole conference. If you look at their NET, they games it with their non-con. Wouldn’t be surprised to see most of their tourney teams fizzle out early this year.
As Lee Corso says…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT