ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Illinois Game Thread

The defense did come through with a stop at the end when needed. So D is better than last year. Mistakes/blunders made this close. We got to get rid of those to keep winning.We need George and Moore back.

Dang.....after that game? Time for a beverage!

Happy Halloween, Ladies and Gentlemen!

MakersMarkBourbonWhiskey-OldfashionedCocktail-5c28d197c9e77c0001d3033c.jpg

Brohm was 100% bailed out massively by missing Ill players, our defense, and bell being a superstar because we look so poorly disciplined and the playcalling and decision making late was horrendous

All he has to do is make guys not want to do stuff like that again... and that includes Mackey and his dropped pick .. time to run run run and just when you think you’re gonna throw up.. run some more.

GKs knee must not be all that serious. I just cant imagine he'd be standing on the sidelines and hanging out after the game if it were. Looked fine walking behind AOC. Sure hes in some pain but certainly hopeful hell be back next week.

BTN said he came back in briefly in the 2nd half. I missed that.

GKs knee must not be all that serious. I just cant imagine he'd be standing on the sidelines and hanging out after the game if it were. Looked fine walking behind AOC. Sure hes in some pain but certainly hopeful hell be back next week.

BTN said he came back in briefly in the 2nd half. I missed that.
I hope his knee is fine. We definitely need him if we do play Wisconsin. We know how well their line plays and how they like to pound us up the middle.

Reactions: purduepat1969
All he has to do is make guys not want to do stuff like that again... and that includes Mackey and his dropped pick .. time to run run run and just when you think you’re gonna throw up.. run some more.

During Tiller's time they had to lay down and roll from one end of Mollenkopf to the other. The janitors hated that.

Because we should've won by 21 points, played 10 minutes of really stupid football.

Errors, penalties, bad decisions and so on.

Glad we won on the road, but should have been a simple victory against their 4th string QB.

Shh .. he doesn’t know that when teams get better .. you play the same way and the result is worse. He will find out.

Because we should've won by 21 points, played 10 minutes of really stupid football.

Errors, penalties, bad decisions and so on.

Glad we won on the road, but should have been a simple victory against their 4th string QB.
Purdie hadn't been 2-0 in a long time. Iowa is a good win and we powered through a rough spell and got another W. Life is good

Reactions: Zaphod_B
AOC was 29 for 35 (83%), 377 yds, and 2 TD’s. He can improve on some of the decision making errors, but can’t everyone. Let’s cut him some slack.

Why is anyone talking about him.. we have players on this team failing at high school shit and people wanna roll up on a guy who played like O’Connell

He’s slow. If he was fast he would have gotten offers that would have put him at a better program.

Horvath fumbled
Sparks dropped a high school pass
Mackey dropped a high school INT..

O’Connell gets a pass .. so does “the defense” and diaco

Reactions: mathboy
Why is anyone talking about him.. we have players on this team failing at high school shit and people wanna roll up on a guy who played like O’Connell

He’s slow. If he was fast he would have gotten offers that would have put him at a better program.

Horvath fumbled

Maybe don't watch then? Some of you seriously need to quit being such whiny little children.

Purdie hadn't been 2-0 in a long time. Iowa is a good win and we powered through a rough spell and got another W. Life is good
Something to be said for winning ugly. There’s a lot of ugly football being played across the conference.. Purdue is no exception. Could be ugly and have a loss like Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, etc.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and BBG
Something to be said for winning ugly. There’s a lot of ugly football being played across the conference.. Purdue is no exception. Could be ugly and have a loss like Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, etc.
You're exactly right about the whole conference having ugly games. I put that on the delayed start after not thinking there was going to be a season at all. Hopefully it smooths out over the next couple weeks.

Horvath fumbled

Exactly. An identical statisti
AOC was 29 for 35 (83%), 377 yds, and 2 TD’s. He can improve on some of the decision making errors, but can’t everyone. Let’s cut him some slack.

Statistics like that for Plummer and people would be talking about the second coming of Brees.

Reactions: Zaphod_B and BBG
Exactly. An identical statisti

Statistics like that for Plummer and people would be talking about the second coming of Brees.

I thought O’Connell played a notch better than week 1. Sparks doing the same thing he was doing two years ago. Players in the locker room know the difference.. the Mitchell’s, Barnes and Karlaftiss of our Locker room are giving different guys different looks

That was a potential B1G offensive player of the week performance.

I think he’s the bright line for being negative for the sake of being negative. He played an outstanding game and I don’t get criticism of him.

I don’t care who you are or are not (Plummer fans) .. I only care how you play. Money talks and bs walks and O’Connell did plenty of talking today.. smooth dealer back there

This...this is what "playing to win" looks like. None of this "playing not to lose" stuff. Throw that pass on the 3rd and 11. Put it all on the line in the last play, and keep the ball away! Nice win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT