ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Rutgers: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Morton, what a dumb play geezus that is a senior

Coaching problem.
Morton is woeful.....most times. Has cost us a lot of points today where his guy scores Coaches have a warped view of him based on the 1-2 GREAT plays he does provide. Coaches then over look the 5-10 other plays where his guy scores.

I won’t relax until 30 minutes after the game is over.

James-Taylor-Youve-Got-A-Friend-1549048909-517x520.jpg

Reactions: Steve83
Ethan Morton don’t get why he plays.

Gives you nothing on offense and has been just as bad today at the other end.

Free Colvin
Had some outstanding D early in the game. Got caught on a double screen with glasses going to the corner. Bad call on him on the three ball. Played it exactly how a coach would want

Lance Jones - didn't have his shot today.....but had an interesting score line 4/10/8 with 5 steals.......that's being productive despite shooting 1/9 (0-6 from 3pt FG). Boilers don't win without him. Great stuff from Smitty and Zachen over the long-haul.

Tough win for the Boilers to exorcise some demons.....on to face Northwestern for more.

Ahhhhhh.....now how about a celebratory sandwich! :)

14c894d2-667f-4b10-9313-815f443ddeb0.jpeg
Not a great game by Purdue, but a great game for Purdue. Refs let it go inside and they covered the three ball well . Made it tough as a result on Zach and rebounding in general due to their size and athletic ability. Forced Purdue into more individual playing consequently. Good D plan by Rutgers enhanced by refs. Before their last 3 I was wanting anyone not named Zach to foul Cliff where you probably only give up one instead of potential 3 ball.

Now see the times in both half when Purdue got in bonus. Compare that to the previous 20 games and you can see they swallowed the whistles. All that and Purdue had poise towards the end

It’s all Morton’s fault. All his turnovers and missed threes…oh wait. And his guy scored sometimes. You know in most games he plays the best guard or three, right?

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Coaching problem.
Morton is woeful.....most times. Has cost us a lot of points today where his guy scores Coaches have a warped view of him based on the 1-2 GREAT plays he does provide. Coaches then over look the 5-10 other plays where his guy scores.
Disagree. Painter coached that well with the offense/defense. Morton played solid D down the stretch.

agree, support private businesses instead of chains but I'm spoiled living in E. Pa, could be blind and walk into a great sub place
Jersey Mike’s is a good place, my buddy franchised them, he’s a small business, trust me.

Disagree. Painter coached that well with the offense/defense. Morton played solid D down the stretch.

with the one exception of the foul on the 3ptr, I would agree.....the first touch he did ok....they rescreened, and Purdue messed that up.....not all on Morty, but he can't foul there, and he's probably the first to admit that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT