ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Rutgers: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

with the one exception of the foul on the 3ptr, I would agree.....the first touch he did ok....they rescreened, and Purdue messed that up.....not all on Morty, but he can't foul there.
I believe it was a horrible call. Unless I’m mistaken his arm was up and not across with him at his side and player kicks unnaturally to Ethan hoping for a bail out. If I’m wrong so be it, but zI thought that was a bail out

I believe it was a horrible call. Unless I’m mistaken his arm was up and not across with him at his side and player kicks unnaturally to Ethan hoping for a bail out. If I’m wrong so be it, but zI thought that was a bail out
Well we won’t know because Fox has no budget for replays and never showed them and when they did, the angles were horrible!

I'll have to check it out again, TJ.....could be. Morton usually does a pretty good job of getting a hand up and not fouling......you could see the action coming.

Reactions: tjreese
Ahhhhhh.....now how about a celebratory sandwich! :)

14c894d2-667f-4b10-9313-815f443ddeb0.jpeg
Is it just me, or does Danny Devito get to be more of a creepy gnome with each appearance?

What do you like? Peacock?? Big Ten network is Fox, so not sure who is left??
Only the Big. Been that way for a couple of years. They don’t know the players on either team. Hate no replays except when the do they skip the last possession generally and show one before that one. A lot of times there is a question what was called until you figure it out if you can. Too much hype and not enough ball. That saidI understand why they do that…since they want to play to the masses and most people like to hear things they might say

Is it just me, or does Danny Devito get to be more of a creepy gnome with each appearance?

He obviously got a ton of cash for that endorsement......I was only posting it in humor (and off the initial high of a rare Boilers' win @ Rutgers) and did not intend to create another hornet's nest on the game thread or this board in general. I do enough of that on off days......haha.

TKR - Loyer. Virtual no shows today. Sad the way they sometimes disappear.

Jones was a monster today. Thank goodness for his hustle and play. Just fabulous.

Props to Smith & Edey. Solid performance against Rutgers and their referees.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Only the Big. Been that way for a couple of years. They don’t know the players on either team. Hate no replays except when the do they skip the last possession generally and show one before that one. A lot of times there is a question what was called until you figure it out if you can. Too much hype and not enough ball. That saidI understand why they do that…since they want to play to the masses and most people like to hear things they might say
If you mean the big ten network, that is Fox.

I actually thought ESPN did well for us in Hawaii. Not a huge fan of Fox either but anything is better than Peacock.

Hummel. Only guy worth his salt.

Knows basketball, knows Purdue, describes action with a commanding voice.
And even he misses things because he has to see so many things and keep talking that while being at floor side can get hidden by players in his way. Why the coaches stand up and move at times. That said, he is the best

Not much from our bench beside Gillis ? Ummm Painter didn’t use his bench again , he has zero trust in anyone but his boys

Furst had one two-minute stretch (first half) I think, and Heide had 7 minutes. Basically Gillis (20 mins) and Morton (12 mins).

Smith - 38
Edey/Jones - 36 each
Loyer - 30

It was a tough, physical game - good win - once it got down to a few possessions.....Painter went with his thoroughbreds.....TKR had a rough second half, too.

If you mean the big ten network, that is Fox.

I actually thought ESPN did well for us in Hawaii. Not a huge fan of Fox either but anything is better than Peacock.
I know the ownership, but the coverage is different when covered by the big network than when on Fox. Hate to see Bill R, Gus, Bilas, Ellis. Robbie is best, can take Bardo, a bit of Morris and a little of Jimmie. Have liked Special K in the past

Less than average for him, but yes did other things
Disagree.

There are days your shot doesn't fall. That is the unfortunate effect of being a human.

Today was a day that his shot didn't fall at all and he was the reason we won along with Zach and Braden.

He's the Robert Horry for us. Great heady defender who has a knack of making great plays in big moments, doesn't need plays run for him to score and absolutely loves the pressure shots.

Average shooting game, he played great really.

Jones was a monster today. Thank goodness for his hustle and play. Just fabulous.

Agreed. Jones didn't score many, but 10 rebs, 8 assists, 5 steals, good defender. When Loyer is off, he does nothing. 0 rebs, 1 assist poor defense...as you can see that Painter even miraculously acknowledged being that he subbed Morton for him late on the defensive end. These are the games that I can't understand why Heide can't get more mins at the 3 with Jones moving to the 2 or Colvin getting a look at the 2 to see if he can come in and catch fire like he can do. The 30 mins for Loyer were very unproductive. 5 free throws late in the game. 1 fg. 25% from the field.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
on the replay Morton's arm came down right across both of the shooter's arms

bad game from TKR, has nice spin moves but heavy legs, makes himself small too many times, just go to the rim and use your height and size

Agreed. Jones didn't score many, but 10 rebs, 8 assists, 5 steals, good defender. When Loyer is off, he does nothing. 0 rebs, 1 assist poor defense...as you can see that Painter even miraculously acknowledged being that he subbed Morton for him late on the defensive end. These are the games that I can't understand why Heide can't get more mins at the 3 with Jones moving to the 2 or Colvin getting a look at the 2 to see if he can come in and catch fire like he can do. The 30 mins for Loyer were very unproductive. 5 free throws late in the game. 1 fg. 25% from the field.

Agree. Coaches have little trust in Heide and NONE in Colvin.

That's on the BOTH the player AND the coaches. Coaches can NOT be given a pass for not working them into the shape they need to be. At the same time those players need to WORK that much harder in practice. Heide has, as he has improved. Colvin??

Not much from our bench beside Gillis ? Ummm Painter didn’t use his bench again , he has zero trust in anyone but his boys
Loyer at the top of his "boys" list. Apparently does no wrong....30 mins, no defense, 1 fg with 5 fts late, 0 rebs, 1 assist. TKR 19 mins with 2 rebs. He's not the rebounder that I thought that he was. Slow off of the floor.
Bench can't contribute when they don't get a chance. Hope that doesn't haunt us later. I like the win, but still a lot that concerns me.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
We blew a 13 point lead that got down to 2. Should not have been even close. Turnovers were horrible today along with rebounding
Why do you think that happened? Rhetorical, but if you have an answer share it. Three things generally are in play in those things. Not playing hard and not being focused and…

bad game from TKR, has nice spin moves but heavy legs, makes himself small too many times, just go to the rim and use your height and size
Heavy legs was the term I was looking for earlier. He has no spring to him. Also why he is a poor rebounder imo.

How can you say Painter used his bench . 2nd half Heide 2 minutes, no Furst and Gillis plays starter minutes ahead of Renn . And Morton I won’t even go there. Also Loyer must have played well because Painter played him 30 minutes

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
Agree. Coaches have little trust in Heide and NONE in Colvin.

That's on the BOTH the player AND the coaches. Coaches can NOT be given a pass for not working them into the shape they need to be. At the same time those players need to WORK that much harder in practice. Heide has, as he has improved. Colvin??
You're exactly right. It's on both coaches and the players. It's just that people rave about our bench being so deep. It doesn't appear to be based off of distribution of mins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT