ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Rutgers: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Onions! Raftery has always been one of my favorites, he’s 80 now, not quite what he once was.
WAAAAAYYYY too much hyperbole for me like Vitale. OUtside of announcing years ago I had a VCR tape (that is how long ago) where Dick is talking to campers at a 5 star camp about "The Game Of Life" that I thought was outstanding. Dick can motivate and did a really good job in explaining that the game was so much more than what took place on the court relative to metrics. It was Matt before Matt was in a position to stress the same things

Reactions: DrEss and boilerzz
WAAAAAYYYY too much hyperbole for me like Vitale. OUtside of announcing years ago I had a VCR tape (that is how long ago) where Dick is talking to campers at a 5 star camp about "The Game Of Life" that I thought was outstanding. Dick can motivate and did a really good job in explaining that the game was so much more than what took place on the court relative to metrics. It was Matt before Matt was in a position to stress the same things
Those guys in their day were great for the game though, I’d rather have that then some vanilla announcer. I agree, sometimes it can be a bit much, still for me way more good than bad.

Those guys in their day were great for the game though, I’d rather have that then some vanilla announcer. I agree, sometimes it can be a bit much, still for me way more good than bad.
understand, many disagree on who was the prettiest girl in the crowd and whatever announcer a person likes is fine. People like different things

understand, many disagree on who was the prettiest girl in the crowd and whatever announcer a person likes is fine. People like different things
Agreed, I always respect your opinion, good basketball mind and fan, as a 20+ year poster on here I respect that.

Yep heavy legs, great term for it. Would not surprise me if a frosh is not our starting 4 next year. TKR has played great in some games disappears in others. Ball sticks with him and he has some rebounding issues. All that leaves the door open. TKR might best be served @ the 5 where his skill set seems to work a higher % of the time.
I think he is better set for the 5, he’s been better this year than last, he always plays hard, I know this, he needs to shoot open 3 footers lol. Next year will be really interesting to see how things shake out, is it him and Furst at the 4-5, is it TKR at 5, Catchings at 5, does Gillis return and play the 4? We’ll see!

I despise the "defense" RU plays. That "defense" was brought to the league by former wisc coach dick bennet, and the Big Ten has yet to recover from it. A slow you down, drag you thru the mud, foul all the time, 1920's "backwards" style of "basketball". Its outdated and has no place in a power-5 Conference. Horrible to watch.

Loyer at the top of his "boys" list. Apparently does no wrong....30 mins, no defense, 1 fg with 5 fts late, 0 rebs, 1 assist. TKR 19 mins with 2 rebs. He's not the rebounder that I thought that he was. Slow off of the floor.
Bench can't contribute when they don't get a chance. Hope that doesn't haunt us later. I like the win, but still a lot that concerns me.
I have never understood this comment. How do you suppose a player gets on the coach's "boys" list?

I have never understood this comment. How do you suppose a player gets on the coach's "boys" list?
Definitely not by shooting 53% from 3 in conf play or being automatic from the FT line or saving the team vs UT or having 3 steals and 27 points vs Arizona or going into East Lansing as a freshman and being a stone cold killer and hitting big shots or hitting a game winner at Ohio state as a Frosh….has to be another way… 🤔

I checked the NCAA rule book. In spite of what the announcers seem to repeat during every Purdue game, there is no statement rule book about fouls to the effect of, "However, none of the previously discussed physical contact directed at a player 7-feet tall or taller will necessarily constitute a foul. These previously stated rules do not apply when physical contact is directed at players who are unfairly large and dominant."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT