ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Illinois: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

The turning point......

fB9j5I.gif

Woah. What a win.

1) Really nice game and 2nd half from Loyer
2) Lance Jones rushed shots and forced a bit too much, but hit a HUGE three late. Love his confidence.
3) Gillis is such a good standstill shooter.
4) Smith. My god. Stud.
5) Domask is really, really good
6) Edey’s left hand is not great, but he’s so dominant either way lol. So consistent. Just a hell of a player and kid
7) I gotta give credit to CMP for not giving up on Loyer

I honestly don’t know they won it, but glad to take the dub. I feel like everyone outside of west Lafayette wanted it for the Illini

They came out in the 2nd half and played their game. This is a huge win and with a bad LJ. We'll need all 3 of them to go deep in the tournament.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
Glad they showed Lawhorn and CMP during the hand shake line. Uneventful.

Illinois had been averaging 91+ pts last 9 games - pretty damn solid defense that second half from Purdue 43-31......finished the game with 8 turnovers - that will get it done almost every night. Also - cleaned up the glass in the second half big time.
Yep. 2nd half D was phenomenal. I thought Purdue would need 48+ to win it. Just took 43.

Purdue was just great on both sides of the ball in H2.

That is a likely E8+ team we just beat.....on their court.

Reactions: Schnelk
Big time win right there.2nd half Purdue has a shot in the tourney. They hit some big shots. Gotta hand it to Loyer he hit 2 monster shots and last week i thought he had hit a wall and was done. Braden Smith drilling that 3 over Shannon was a thing of beauty. Im hoping this is the starting point of another long stretch of solid basketball after some iffy moments of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT