ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 2020 Schedule / Win/Loss Prediction

I will say that realistically we could go 9-3 to 5-7. 7-5 seems realistic to me. These are the factors that play into our record, not in order of importance.

1. Schedule- 3 non conference games are difficult for where we are as a program.
2. QB play- lots of questions here. We can agree that we have some talent, but not proven.
3. OL/running game- the OL has been behind schedule in maturing. I hope we finally grow up and gain depth. RB’s are young and talented.
4. Defense- new scheme. New coach. Lots of question marks, but could be a huge upgrade.

Lots of questions but lots to be excited about. We have our 2 most talented WR’s in program history and a bunch of good young talent. Could be interesting.

@ Nebraska - L
Memphis - L
Air Force - W
@ Boston College - W
Rutgers - W
@ Illinois - W
@ Michigan - L
Northwestern - W
@ Minnesota - L
Wisconsin - L
Iowa - L
@ Indiana - L

I think Purdue wins 1 of the 2 and maybe even both against Iowa and IU. Both of those teams have better rosters but Purdue under Brohm matches up well against those two teams.

@ Nebraska - W
Memphis - L
Air Force - L
@ Boston College - W
Rutgers - W (this is the only game that I have virtually no qualms about)
@ Illinois - W
@ Michigan - L
Northwestern - W
@ Minnesota- L
Wisconsin - L
Iowa - W
@ Indiana - W

7-5. There are some serious areas of concern, but I’m gonna be disappointed if we don’t cash out on having Bell and Rondale playing together with a winning record.

I'm more of a probability guy

@Nebraska - 50%
Memphis - 60%
Air Force - 65%
@ Boston College - 65%
Rutgers - 80%
@ Illinois - 50%
@ Michigan - 20%
Northwestern - 65%
@ Minnesota - 35%
Wisconsin - 25%
Iowa - 65%
@ Indiana - 60%

6.4 W - 5.6 L
Imo

@ Nebraska - 50% (likely lesser capacity, Spielman gone)
Memphis - 45%
Air Force - 65%
@ Boston College - 60%
Rutgers - 93%
@ Illinois - 55%
@ Michigan - 20%
@ Minnesota - 20%
Wisconsin - 30%
Iowa - 51%
@ Indiana - 45%

Imo

Memphis - 45%
Air Force - 65%
@ Boston College - 60%
Rutgers - 93%
@ Illinois - 55%
@ Michigan - 20%
@ Minnesota - 20%
Wisconsin - 30%
Iowa - 51%
@ Indiana - 45%
Hmm.. Nebraska, Memphis, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana all around 50% probability but you expect an 80% win rate out of that group.. something ain’t adding up.

I do think those 5 games determine a losing record vs a win in record though.

Imo

Memphis - 45%
Air Force - 65%
@ Boston College - 60%
Rutgers - 93%
@ Illinois - 55%
@ Michigan - 20%
@ Minnesota - 20%
Wisconsin - 30%
Iowa - 51%
@ Indiana - 45%
Northwestern - 60%
Hmm.. Nebraska, Memphis, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana all around 50% probability but you expect an 80% win rate out of that group.. something ain’t adding up.

I do think those 5 games determine a losing record vs a win in record though.
Yeah, I should’ve clarified. I was kinda just giving general probability for those games. I think Purdue wins 3-4 of them, but it could easily go either way. Anything is better than ESPN FPI that only has us favored to win 3 games .

Reactions: wakeman2626
Still beat u in 18, and OSU....when was the last IU did that? We're u even alive?

Now that's LOL:D:):D

IU has 2 wins over OSU in the last 70 years, we have more wins over them in the last decade plus one. My god you guys $uck a$$.

in the last 30 years...
0 wins vs OSU
0 wins vs UM
1 win vs PSU

30 years.

Still beat u in 18, and OSU....when was the last IU did that? We're u even alive?

Now that's LOL:D:):D

IU has 2 wins over OSU in the last 70 years, we have more wins over them in the last decade plus one. My god you guys $uck a$$.

That's great. Happy for "u".

What does IUHDog stand for? Is it "IU half dog", meaning you have one half the size of normal male football fans?
I’m guessing hot dog.

1Ch9.gif

Reactions: purduepat1969
What does IUHDog stand for? Is it "IU half dog", meaning you have one half the size of normal male football fans?

Graduated from IU and Frankfort High School whose mascot is the Hot Dogs. So - IU - H(ot)Dog.

Sorry if you are disappointed my username has nothing to do with the size (or lack thereof) of male appendages.

Graduated from IU and Frankfort High School whose mascot is the Hot Dogs. So - IU - H(ot)Dog.

Sorry if you are disappointed my username has nothing to do with the size (or lack thereof) of male appendages.
Drove by your H.S. last weekend on St Rd 28! Home of the Hot Dogs!

Reactions: IUHDog
I'm going with 6-6. I have little faith so far in the coaching staff to win the gimme games, but there is too much talent in the receiving corps and on the DL to have a losing record if healthy.

In the infamous words of Keith Jackson "Whoa Nellie". Love the enthusiasm, but 10-2 is a stretch with a great team. I'll be happy with 7-5 after last season's injury plagued team.

“Injured plagued team” is disguise for “we have no depth.”
Teams who lose a lot better t starters still win 9-10 games, then debate how they would be without injuries. Bad teams go below .500 and then discuss injuries.

Reactions: wakeman2626
“Injured plagued team” is disguise for “we have no depth.”
Teams who lose a lot better t starters still win 9-10 games, then debate how they would be without injuries. Bad teams go below .500 and then discuss injuries.

I bet you're like most of your ilk, and think of yourself as needing to "edumacate them thar idjits at Purdue."

for the past few years, people here have been talking about the process of adding talent and depth... a process that is beginning to show signs of paying off.

It's pretty common for any team... those "below .500" and otherwise ... to analyze the results of the prior season. It's not just left for geniuses like you and your ilk.

Fact is ... (and you can disagree with this if you're that moronic) ... last season's record was a direct result of losing 4 stud(!) players from a team already challenged with developing depth.

I would challenge you ... in all your self-declared wisdom ... to find a team that lost players that were so crucial to their success as Purdue did ... and then won 9 or 10 games.

Show us.

Oh... and went 4 deep in the QB rotation, relying on a walk on to lead them down the stretch.

I bet you're like most of your ilk, and think of yourself as needing to "edumacate them thar idjits at Purdue."

for the past few years, people here have been talking about the process of adding talent and depth... a process that is beginning to show signs of paying off.

It's pretty common for any team... those "below .500" and otherwise ... to analyze the results of the prior season. It's not just left for geniuses like you and your ilk.

Fact is ... (and you can disagree with this if you're that moronic) ... last season's record was a direct result of losing 4 stud(!) players from a team already challenged with developing depth.

I would challenge you ... in all your self-declared wisdom ... to find a team that lost players that were so crucial to their success as Purdue did ... and then won 9 or 10 games.

Show us.

Oh... and went 4 deep in the QB rotation, relying on a walk on to lead them down the stretch.

Okay.

ND, 2015.

First game against Texas, lost 5 Star RB Folston. Lost starting Zaire QB second game. Lost 5 Star, future All American, Pro Bowl, 1st team All Pro, Quentin Nelson 3rd game. Lost his replacement, future NFL OL, Alex Bars, the next game. Lost Folston replacement, 1,000 yard rusher in 8 games & future NFL draft pick CJ Procise in week 9. Lost 1st team All American & award winner Jaylon Smith. Lost starting CB Crawford in week 1, and future NFL pick DT Jarron Jones in first week. Lost other starting CB Kavarie Russell.

Still won 10 games, including a 2 point loss (on final play of game) on the road to eventual National Runner Up Clemson. And a 2 point loss on a final FG on the road to top 5 Stanford.

I think you might be the “moron.”

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

Show us.

Counterpoint: Nevada. Disagree. Team had zero depth. People get mad when you bring up that IU also played the bucket with a back up QB because “wahhh but he was starter quality!” Uhhh.. yea. That’s the point. To have more than one person that is starter quality at each position.

You can’t and won’t replace a Rondale, so I get it to an extent, but it’s football and injuries happen. If the only difference between a 7-5 team and a 4-8 team is one guy, then that’s not much of a team at all. Sorry if this news is hard to swallow for anybody. Disclaimer- Not trying to Edimucate purdue fans, just talking football.

Last edited:
Counterpoint: Nevada. Disagree. Team had zero depth. People get mad when you bring up that IU also played the bucket with a back up QB because “wahhh but he was starter quality!” Uhhh.. yea. That’s the point. To have more than one person that is starter quality at each position.

You can’t and won’t replace a Rondale, so I get it to an extent, but it’s football and injuries happen. If the only difference between a 7-5 team and a 4-8 team is one guy, then that’s not much of a team at all. Sorry if this news is hard to swallow for anybody. Disclaimer- Not trying to Edimucate purdue fans, just talking football.

Purdue did not have depth last year in key places like OL, DL and LB. Purdue’s depth I’m other positions were ok, but not great. I believe next year’s team has addressed depth issues at OL and DL. LB will still have some legit questions.

Within a few games, Purdue lost its best 3 players: Moore, Sindelar, and Bailey (while still missing our best DL). Very hard to overcome for an already flawed team.

2020 team will have 2 very accomplished WR’s and young talent at TE and WR. OL will be improved and have more depth. Defense could have a very new look in the secondary and DL will be a strength.

Should be a interesting team with a shot at going to a bowl. QB play might determine what kind of bowl IMO

Reactions: Purdue85
Okay.

ND, 2015.

First game against Texas, lost 5 Star RB Folston. Lost starting Zaire QB second game. Lost 5 Star, future All American, Pro Bowl, 1st team All Pro, Quentin Nelson 3rd game. Lost his replacement, future NFL OL, Alex Bars, the next game. Lost Folston replacement, 1,000 yard rusher in 8 games & future NFL draft pick CJ Procise in week 9. Lost 1st team All American & award winner Jaylon Smith. Lost starting CB Crawford in week 1, and future NFL pick DT Jarron Jones in first week. Lost other starting CB Kavarie Russell.

Still won 10 games, including a 2 point loss (on final play of game) on the road to eventual National Runner Up Clemson. And a 2 point loss on a final FG on the road to top 5 Stanford.

Dumb@ss... "I would challenge you ... in all your self-declared wisdom ... to find a team that lost players that were so crucial to their success as Purdue did ... and then won 9 or 10 games."

Purdue has clearly been in rebuilding mode, which most everyone on this forum has recognized. The players lost were clearly MUCH more crucial to the team's success.

No, you're still the moron.

Holy crap. You still don't get it.

The heart of the defensive line.

A LB, the heart and soul of the defense.

The stud and absolute playmaker in Rondale.

Not just the offensive team leader, but QB that carried the team in the prior year with a torn ACL... all the way down to the 4th string walk on.

Yes... sorry if this is hard to swallow, but ignorance is never a good look for you.

IU had the team of a generation, and won in double OT to a decimated (and already thin) team.

Yes, indeed... "Sorry if this news is hard to swallow"...

Edit: corrected to read that IU won in double OT

Last edited:
Okay.

ND, 2015.

You are absolutely clueless. Do you really believe that Notre Dame depth vs Purdue rebuilding depth is the same? I really hope you didn't graduate from Notre Dame, because you either wasted $200K. Or ND's education doesn't live up to it's hype...

Purdue played that Bucket game with the QB who began the year FOURTH on the depth chart - let me know when your loosiers have to go that deep on the depth chart. In addition, Purdue lost it's starting RB before the season began, starting(and all B10 calider)DT before the season, 2 starting WR's(including probably the top one in the B10), 2 starting O-linemen, an all B10 LB, a starter at DB all for the season early/during the year. In addition another starter at LB and DE was lost for multiple games as was another DB. Even with that loss of depth it took the best loosier team in a generation double OT to get the win. Even with all the aforementioned injury losses had Purdue played the iu schedule it's likely purdue goes bowling last year. Not sorry if those facts hard for you to swallow.

Purdue played that Bucket game with the QB who began the year FOURTH on the depth chart - let me know when your loosiers have to go that deep on the depth chart. In addition, Purdue lost it's starting RB before the season began, starting(and all B10 calider)DT before the season, 2 starting WR's(including probably the top one in the B10), 2 starting O-linemen, an all B10 LB, a starter at DB all for the season early/during the year. In addition another starter at LB and DE was lost for multiple games as was another DB. Even with that loss of depth it took the best loosier team in a generation double OT to get the win. Even with all the aforementioned injury losses had Purdue played the iu schedule it's likely purdue goes bowling last year. Not sorry if those facts hard for you to swallow.
Jindy, I’m on your team. I’m just reading your post and was trying to remember though...who was our 2nd WR starter we lost for year? And who was our starting DB we lost for the year? I’m trying to remember.

Jindy, I’m on your team. I’m just reading your post and was trying to remember though...who was our 2nd WR starter we lost for year? And who was our starting DB we lost for the year? I’m trying to remember.

Jared Sparks at wide receiver.

Purdue led the nation in injuries last season. They lost 19 players to season ending injuries. There was little experienced depth due to having only 11 seniors and 10 juniors on scholarship. The silver lining is that many young players and walk ons received extensive playing time.

Reactions: jindy and Purdue85
Purdue led the nation in injuries last season. They lost 19 players to season ending injuries. There was little experienced depth due to having only 11 seniors and 10 juniors on scholarship. The silver lining is that many young players and walk ons received extensive playing time.

This.

This is easily forgotten, and becomes a tool for the those with an agenda who fall back to the mantra, "ENOUGH OF THE EXCUSES!"

There are excuses ... and then there is thoughtful analysis as to what occurred and why.

Don’t remember him being, or going to be, the other starter. Maybe he started the Nevada game I just didn’t remember that. Who was the DB?

I think they're referring to Mosley at free safety. And yes, Sparks was ahead of Bell on the depth chart against Nevada.

I think they're referring to Mosley at free safety. And yes, Sparks was ahead of Bell on the depth chart against Nevada.

Grant would've been starting most/all season at safety but for the torn labrum. And it is Sparks at WR. He wouldve likely ended up by mid season opposite Bell. That other spot ended up being manned by a freshman also.

Agree. The biggest benefit is likely on the lines with guys like Craig(OL) and multiple guys on the DL.

No arguing that Purdue suffered from an inordinate amount of injuries in 2019. Anyone who argues otherwise is not being objective.

Looking forward (hopefully) to seeing IU beat PU with both teams healthy. Hell, I just hope there is a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT