ADVERTISEMENT

Post your preseason All-B1G basketball teams

Still wont give your opinion?

You lied.

It took you six . . . SIX posts to . . . "counter".

Then, when Archie was mentioned you did the whataboutism with Painter. And, it wasn't a post that . . . "Archie sucks", as you asserted.

You.

Lied.

This is the post in which you claim someone said, "Archie sucks":

This is what you call a "honeymoon period" for the IU guys with Li'l Archie. You know the story:

The new bride came home from the honeymoon crying. She told here mom through tearful eyes, "All Arche did was sit on the side of the bed and tell me how great it was going to be!"

You lied.

That's when you tried to throw in with the Painter comparisons.

Don't lie, and people won't think of you as a liar.

This was your bullsh*t response about Painter:

Under crean we had about the same success as Painter in the same time. The difference is we were disappointed in the results and you guys are celebrating.

You lied.

Last edited:
Nah, that was an obvious troll post, so it wont catch anything. This whole thing started, because a poster truly believes Romeo isn't one of the best 5 Freshmen in the B1G. I came in and countered with the reasons that he is.

Along the way, someone else started saying Archie sucks which obviously lead to an Archie vs Painter debate.
I always laugh when you guys feel like you need to put on your cape and mask to swoop in to the Purdue board and rescue the honor of your meek and defenseless players and school.

Naw, I think you were the one triggered. ...but hey, we all get to that point at times. Maybe time to focus on the whole BIG and not just Indiana.

I got to break it you, as far as making some point that were attempting to make, nobody really cares.
Lol I have answered all of your big ten questions. This thread was dead, but then 4 of your posters took shots at IU.

Earlier today, I read some Purdue fans bragging about how this coming season their team would play like the Golden State Warriors.
Seriously, you can't make that stuff up.
Ya come on here to chat and have a little fun and they get all whiny and uptight, call troll names and such.
Grow up boys.
You diss the IU coach and yet you won't find one IU fan who doesn't respect Painter.
I'm going to post something a true, grown-up, Boiler fan wrote recently. He's a man I respect because he doesn't post little fanboy nonsense.
Here's what he had to say about Archie Miller and his recruiting:

"
I spoke with two friends that are pretty plugged-in on the inside chatter of Midwest recruiting/AAU matters. I was asking them about IU and Miller and how much/little I should be worried about them as a Purdue fan. Here are some of the highlights of what they said. Note – Neither is an IU fan and one honestly is fairly anti-IU in his fandom:

- It’s like night and day vs the Crean years in terms of recruiting. They are very disciplined and focused in how/when they offer, where as Crean just "sprayed" offers all over the top-75 just hoping they would commits by sheer volume.
- One used a military term "strack" to describe how orderly and well prepared things are on visits. They have full-boat multi-media presentations using the fancy gizmos from the Mark Cuban money to show video of the player and match it to what the IU team does and where the players skills fit. Both said "it’s VERY specific and detailed on breaking down a players game." Both said the presentation is very "sleek and profesional…like NBA level professional". Crean and Davis were logistical nightmares as far as thinking about details. Crean was like the dog that couldn’t keep his eyes on you every time a proverbial squirrel poked around the corner.
- Having very respected assistants as part of the conversation has been key. Schilling is very good in laying out the "this is your path to the NBA" conversation. And given the long list of NBA players he’s worked with, it tends to get kids attention.
- As mentioned before, Miller is very convincing. He’s very honest in his assessment of a players strengths and weaknesses. He pulls no punches. Parents seem to like him a lot given his balance between tough love but sincere care for the kids welfare. He spends a great deal of time talking about non-basketball matters and relates very well to kids. On of my recruitnick buds said "he’s got a very good sense of humor and it really puts kids at ease". I’ve heard this before in context to Robbie Hummel’s mom strong sentiments towards Archie Miller. If the mom of the most Boiler-of-Boilers has that positive view of Miller, then you know there is some credence to it.
- One of them mention "geography". They are coming north in a way that they haven’t in a long time. Miller got the first Soth Bend IU recruit since Abernathy in just months after being hired (Anderson). They went after Phinesse knowing full well where he was playing. They are targeting Newman in just the same way. They aren’t going to get everybody up north, but they may start to pull an uncomfortable share of players from traditional "Purdue territory". He said "you may grow to hate him as much as Izzo".
- Both said kids returned from IU officials/unofficials "impressed"…and not in the casual-speak of "every-visit-is-labeled-a-good-visit". Kids that go in maybe not really having IU at the top of their list suddenly see see IU as a real likely destination. One commented "I’m not sure Jerome Hunter and Dez Anderson had IU ver high on their list before going on their visits, but they both came away from their visits ready to commit". He said "I think IU visits now have much more impact they than have had in perhaps the last 20 years…and this is coming also from AAU/HS coaches saying this too. IU has always had certain advantages on visits, but haven’t done a good hub maximizing those advantages. So far, they’re doing a real good job compared to recent years."

I’m not trying to depress us in sharing this as I’d love to post info that is quite the opposite, but when we see Miller hit on a top-10 class his first time on the trail, it does give you pause as far as what they now be capable of doing that they haven’t done in a while. I think there is a perception now that things may be different down there, and it’s not the delusional IU-fanboy pumping up of each new coach as the next Knight or McCracken. People independent of IU in the recruiting circuit see it and it’s pretty noticeable. It’s also important to keep these things in the back of our mind should we lose some players like TJD, Brooks or Newman to them…and hopefully not set off some massive "anti-Painter" sentiments as well. They can get theirs, but it doesn’t mean the sky is falling. Keady built a top-3 team the year after IU won the title. We went to the final 4 while IU had the core of their ‘81 title team intact. We were a favorite to make the Final 4 they year after IU spent the majority of the year as the number #1 team (93-94). We can coexist and it’s no reason to hyperventilate if they rise up"

Y'all could learn a lot, bless your hearts.
IU troll LOL

Seriously, let’s take a look at the two transfers that have been mentioned:

Player A: 6.4 pts, 3.5 rbs, 0.5 ast

Player B: 17.6 pts, 9.5 rbs, 1.1 ast

Are they even remotely comparable?

Seriously, let’s take a look at the two transfers that have been mentioned:

Player A: 6.4 pts, 3.5 rbs, 0.5 ast

Player B: 17.6 pts, 9.5 rbs, 1.1 ast

Are they even remotely comparable?
You forgot to mention player A played on a very respectable team (conference champs and multiple tournaments), while player B played on an ivy league bottom feeder. Not to mention that player B hasn't played competitively in a loooong time.

You forgot to mention player A played on a very respectable team (conference champs and multiple tournaments), while player B played on an ivy league bottom feeder. Not to mention that player B hasn't played competitively in a loooong time.
Lol a guy that could only crack 15 min a game in the WCC is going to be a stud in the B1G...

Reactions: Schnelk
And I'm still laughing. I know!!! show us a high school video of one of your players that proves why everyone on this board should consider him All-World. lol.
I didn't post a video. I can post many links where recruiting analysts and college basketball analysts will tell you that he is one of the best freshmen in the country though.

You got banned for breaking the rules. Maybe you should read them before posting?
The rule you broke is standard on all rivals sites.
What's the rule I broke? Having a favorable opinion about a rival team?

Since you are here, I will gladly take you up on the ban bet you proposed to Snu and Hail on the national board for this board.

Dude, I have no idea why you were "banned" (you're still here?!), but the IU mods ban people who don't even POST over there. They ban people for what's posted HERE (and elsewhere).

You want to talk "soft"??! Ha!

Don't pull that crap.
I agree, that's soft too!

Just some of the players I'm most looking forward to seeing this year as I think these players will have really good years.

1st team

Ethan Happ - Wisconsin

Tyler Cook - Iowa

Charles Mathews - Michigan

Carsen Edwards - Purdue

Anthony Cowan - Maryland

2nd Team
BRUNO Fernando - Maryland
Juwan Morgan - Indiana
Isiah Roby - Nebraska
Zavier Simpson - Michigan
Cassius Winston - Michigan State

Preseason All Frosh Team

Jalen "Sticks" Smith - Maryland
Aaron Wiggins - Maryland
Luther Muhammed - Ohio State
Joe Wieskamp - Iowa
Ayo Dosumnu - Illinois

Preseason All Defense

Matt HAARMS - Purdue
Ethan Happ - Wisconsin
Isaiah Roby - Nebraska
Nojel Eastern - Purdue
Zavier Simpson - Michigan

After reviewing the published experts, I am posting the consensus top teams, coaches, returning players, and newcomers in the Big Ten for the 2018-19 season. There may be a little room for debate, but not much. The experts know what they are doing.

TOP TEAMS

1. Purdue

2. Michigan

3. Michigan State

4. Wisconsin

5. Ohio State

6. Minnesota

7. Maryland

8. Nebraska

9. Iowa

10. Penn St

11. Illinois

12. Northwestern

13. Rutgers

14. Indiana

TOP COACHES

1. Matt Painter (Purdue)

2. John Beilein (UM)

3. Tom Izzo (MSU)

4. Chris Holtmann (OSU)

5. Greg Gard (Wisconsin)

6. Tim Miles (Nebraska)

7. Pat Chambers (Penn St)

8. Mark Turgeon (Maryland)

9. Fran McCaffery (Iowa)

10. Brad Underwood (Illinois)

11. Richard Pitino (Minnesota)

12. Steve Pikiell (Rutgers)

13. Chris Collins (Northwestern)

14. Archy Miles (Indiana)

TOP RETURNING PLAYERS OF NOTE

Carsen Edwards, Matt Haarms, Nojel Eastern, Ryan Cline, Aaron Wheeler

Nick Ward, Joshua Langford, Matt McQuaid, Cassius Winston (MSU)

Anthony Cowan Jr., Darryl Morsell, Bruno Fernando (Maryland)

Tyler Cook, Isaiah Moss, Jack Nunge, Jordan Bohannon, Cordell Pemsl, Nicholas Baer, Luka Garza (Iowa)

Isaac Copeland, James Palmer Jr., Glynn Watson, Isaiah Roby, Jordy Tshimanga (Nebraska)

Ethan Happ, Brad Davison, D’Mitrik Trice, Khalil Iverson, Brevin Pritzl (Wisconsin)

Amir Coffey, Eric Curry, Jordan Murphy, Dupree McBrayer, Isaiah Washington (Minnesota)

Andre Wesson, Kaleb Wesson, CJ Jackson, Micah Potter, Musa Jallow (OSU)

Charles Matthews, Zavier Simpson, Isaiah Livers, Jon Teske, Jordan Poole (UM)

Vic Law, Dererk Pardon (Northwestern)

Lamar Stevens, Mike Watkins, Josh Reaves (Penn State)

Trent Frazier, Kipper Nichols, Aaron Jordan (Illinois)

Geo Baker, Shaquille Doorson (Rutgers)

Juwan Morgan (Indiana)

CONSENSUS IMPACT NEWCOMERS

Evan Boudreaux, Eric Hunter, Tre Williams, Sasha Stefanovic, Emmanuel Dowuona (Purdue)

Ignas Brazdeikas, Brandon Johns (UM)

Marcus Bingham Jr., Gabe Brown, Foster Loyer (MSU)

Jalen Smith (Maryland)

Luther Muhammad, Jaedon LeDee (OSU)

Joe Wieskamp (Iowa)

Daniel Oturu (Minnesota)

Ayo Dosunmu (Illinois)

Pete Nance (Northwestern)

What's the rule I broke? Having a favorable opinion about a rival team?

Since you are here, I will gladly take you up on the ban bet you proposed to Snu and Hail on the national board for this board.
Read the rules, I’m not your mom.

Ban bet her with you? Not likely. You won’t be here long anyway and you have already shown you will just switch names and come back. At least I know Snu and Hail would keep their end.

I could care less about a ban anyway. I’ll stop posting right now and not come back until the season. I have plenty to do and I can just read the info without needing to respond. I barely post anyway, ask anyone.

It’s just dumb for you to be posting here. You add nothing positive to the discussion and you have been told numerous times that we really don’t care about your team. Y’all do this every summer, every single one. Yet, your coming off two horrific seasons and until you show you can beat teams, nobody cares how many record setting vertical 40% from 3 averaging 6 points packling y’all are doing.

To stay here knowing you aren’t wanted is just stupid as well. Run along and post on peegs or rivals and tell them how your transfer is going to open up the lane for Morgan and Romeo. We will just hang out here and watch you lose at home to Bloomington North.

Read the rules, I’m not your mom.

Ban bet her with you? Not likely. You won’t be here long anyway and you have already shown you will just switch names and come back. At least I know Snu and Hail would keep their end.

I could care less about a ban anyway. I’ll stop posting right now and not come back until the season. I have plenty to do and I can just read the info without needing to respond. I barely post anyway, ask anyone.

It’s just dumb for you to be posting here. You add nothing positive to the discussion and you have been told numerous times that we really don’t care about your team. Y’all do this every summer, every single one. Yet, your coming off two horrific seasons and until you show you can beat teams, nobody cares how many record setting vertical 40% from 3 averaging 6 points packling y’all are doing.

To stay here knowing you aren’t wanted is just stupid as well. Run along and post on peegs or rivals and tell them how your transfer is going to open up the lane for Morgan and Romeo. We will just hang out here and watch you lose at home to Bloomington North.
Iu will dominate Purdue next season. Purdue wont even make the tournament.

Iu will dominate Purdue next season. Purdue wont even make the tournament.
Bet on than. What you got Purdue wins both games. There is 12 other teams in the big 10 you have to also try to beat not just Purdue. Listen bra I’ve read many of your post and no matter your predictions no matter what Indiana roster has or what mr Romeo Langford is gonna do at this point if all what you say is true than let it happen I no the rivalry with Purdue and Indiana is real but sir leave it be now. Season will be here soon enough and we’ll see what Indiana will look like but at this time just let it go now you want a debate you want Purdue fans on this board to agree with you well you no it’s not gonna happen than why keep trying to keep nick picking at something you not gonna win that debate. I don’t care about anything Indiana except for Justin bcuz he’s friends with my son other than that let it go now whatever is gonna happen let it happen. You trying to sell Indiana on a Purdue board is prosperous and I hope you see what you are doing and it’s making you look desperate to get your point across when in fact nobody cares including me about Indiana basketball or how better you think they are compared to Purdue is. Sir out of respect for some of the ppl on this board let this rest now you made your arguments and you have proven your facts about each team not that you right or wrong bcuz you are and Indiana fan trying to force your views and opinions on us Purdue fans and a mother of a player on Purdue team down our throats and for what to get a rise out of us seems childish sir and you seem ok with it. To me both teams has lots to prove with massive roster shift and freshmen who hasn’t proven anything yet we’ll see who comes out on top. Dude just let this go plz.

Bet on than. What you got Purdue wins both games. There is 12 other teams in the big 10 you have to also try to beat not just Purdue. Listen bra I’ve read many of your post and no matter your predictions no matter what Indiana roster has or what mr Romeo Langford is gonna do at this point if all what you say is true than let it happen I no the rivalry with Purdue and Indiana is real but sir leave it be now. Season will be here soon enough and we’ll see what Indiana will look like but at this time just let it go now you want a debate you want Purdue fans on this board to agree with you well you no it’s not gonna happen than why keep trying to keep nick picking at something you not gonna win that debate. I don’t care about anything Indiana except for Justin bcuz he’s friends with my son other than that let it go now whatever is gonna happen let it happen. You trying to sell Indiana on a Purdue board is prosperous and I hope you see what you are doing and it’s making you look desperate to get your point across when in fact nobody cares including me about Indiana basketball or how better you think they are compared to Purdue is. Sir out of respect for some of the ppl on this board let this rest now you made your arguments and you have proven your facts about each team not that you right or wrong bcuz you are and Indiana fan trying to force your views and opinions on us Purdue fans and a mother of a player on Purdue team down our throats and for what to get a rise out of us seems childish sir and you seem ok with it. To me both teams has lots to prove with massive roster shift and freshmen who hasn’t proven anything yet we’ll see who comes out on top. Dude just let this go plz.
That was nice and polite response. Thank you Ms. Reed for being civil to someone who probably doesn't deserve it. It should be an example to all of us on here to keep this board readable and civil, regardless of the provocation.

Many of us have responded and had a good dialog with IU baseball. However, he is a bit obsessed with getting our approval of his team's potential. Most of us have ceded a point or two, but many of us recognized that much of his argument is built on hype, hopes and dreams. He can't seem to let it go, but we can be the bigger men (and women here) and we can just stop engaging in this topic. If it is about other BIG teams - okay. If about IU - my advice is just don't post, respond, or even read.

Purdue has the superior roster, better at 4 of the 5 starting positions, and Purdue has the far superior coach. That would seem like Purdue is going to dominate Indiana this year(Again, for the third year in a row).

Last edited:
Purdue has the superior roster, better at 4 of the 5 starting positions, and Purdue has the far superior coach. That would seem like Purdue is going to dominate Indiana this year(Again, for the third year in a row).
Better at 4 of the 5 starting positions? Superior roster?

This same discussion is happening on the national board right now. Take the top 8 players using IU and Purdue's rosters. IU has 5 of the 8 (IMO)

Carsen
Romeo
Smith
Morgan
Haarms
Fitzner
Evan B
Jerome Hunter

Ms. Reed is right. We need to just stop feeding the troll that is obsessed with getting the approval of Purdue fans.

Reactions: Purdue85
Better at 4 of the 5 starting positions? Superior roster?

This same discussion is happening on the national board right now. Take the top 8 players using IU and Purdue's rosters. IU has 5 of the 8 (IMO)

Carsen
Romeo
Smith
Morgan
Haarms
Fitzner
Evan B
Jerome Hunter
Oh my goodness. The "National Board"! AKA the "cesspool".

Obviously everyone there is better informed about Purdue's players than anyone here, because they are the "National Board". Maybe we should just wait until they resolve who will win this year. Obviously doesn't need to continue here.

By the way, is that top 8 list from SNU? He tends to post there quite often. The origin of that list would tell us a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT