ADVERTISEMENT

Philip Montgomery, Tulsa

since1980

True Freshman
Nov 16, 2012
Haven't heard him mentioned, but for those people who want Briles, he would be the next best thing. He was with Briles from 2003-2007 and then Briles took him to Baylor from 2008-2014. He has quickly turned around Tulsa, taking them from a 2 win team the previous year to a 6 win team and a Bowl game last year. They are 4-2 now and lost on a last minute turnover to Houston recently.

He was not implicated in any of the Baylor issues.

No, everything is Texas or Oklahoma...but 99% Texas. Won't be surprised if he is Baylor's next coach.
Still worth looking into if he is interested.

I think he would be a great pickup for us. Baylor may end up deciding to go with someone not from the Briles staff.

I think he would be a great pickup for us. Baylor may end up deciding to go with someone not from the Briles staff.

I feel like as long as he wasn't implicated, Baylor would have no issue bringing him back. I doubt they abandon that offensive system that has kept them winning....and not that many coaches know how it works because of how secretive they are about not having a playbook and not spilling secrets. Clearly with what he is doing at Tulsa in a short amount of time is evidence it's a recipe for success.

Haven't heard him mentioned, but for those people who want Briles, he would be the next best thing. He was with Briles from 2003-2007 and then Briles took him to Baylor from 2008-2014. He has quickly turned around Tulsa, taking them from a 2 win team the previous year to a 6 win team and a Bowl game last year. They are 4-2 now and lost on a last minute turnover to Houston recently.

He was not implicated in any of the Baylor issues.
Not only was he with Briles in Houston. He was with Briles at the HS level in 1997. Spent 17 years with him. If you want the Briles O without the stink and with HC experience. He's probably the closest facsimile.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT