ADVERTISEMENT

Pattern repeats itself......

I also include tight ends as receivers. Then there are seven of them: Carr, Taylor, Piferi, Bilodeau, Miller, Cravaack and Durham.

I remember two Spring camps ago, that Dandelion was impressed with Kory Taylor and I have been hoping to see him in a game.
I agree with you and adding g the TEs as receivers to your point makes sense. I assumed you were only talking WRs

While I agree with your assessment, I honestly don't care if we finish 6-1 or 2-5. With the exceptions to redshirts, etc. that the NCAA has in place this season, I would like to see how a lot of different players would fare on the field. Garrett Miller's first catch as a TE goes for a TD... I want to see more of that since opposing defenses won't just double and triple cover David Bell. Play all 3 QB's - O'Connell is okay but he certainly isn't a player that an opposing defense has to put a lot of time in figuring out how to play against. If he's flat like he was against Northwestern, put in Burton and/or Plummer to see if it sparks something.

With his size and speed, Garrett Miller is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses. They need to get him on the field.

Every season under Brohm, there is a game that stands out. A game where the entire team plays FLAT and lethargic. Completely, uncharacteristic of the team's previous and following games. Last year it was Illinois. The year before, I believer it was Eastern Michigan. This year, it is Northwestern.

Also bad weather plays a factor. I seems that only Purdue is affected by the weather, not the opponent.

After this 'flat' game, Purdue suddenly plays better when it is now in a hole and has to play well to save the season. Now there is going to be urgency and focus, just like previous years.

The pattern continues

If this is the Illinois game from 2019 (aka our egg laying game for the season) then we played exceptionally better in the elements and against better competition. I’ll gladly take that knowing we play substantially better the rest of the way out.

my concern is that our “egg game” is still on the horizon.

With his size and speed, Garrett Miller is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses. They need to get him on the field.

with functional TEs, I wonder why we don’t go BIG inside the 5 yd. Durham, Bilodeau, Carr, (or Taylor) and Bell for a snap or two

Reactions: NVboiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT