ADVERTISEMENT

Our True Freshmen Backcourt Struggled from the Field Today...

This. Freshmen become experienced through trials like this one. Indiana probably helped us mature in this game, like Rutgersdid with physical guard plat. We did not play well enough to win this game and got our just desserts. Come March, they will have seen this shit before and know how to deal with it. In some respects, thank you IU .

He's a young frosh. Showed today at times all game. He also showed plenty of toughness in the comeback today. Glad he plays for Purdue!
The game was lost at the free throw line and 16 turnovers to Indiana’s 7. Big disparity in rebounds in Purdue‘s favor. Tough loss and they battled back in the second half. These guys are fun to watch.

Yep. Painter needs to tell him to keep shooting.

He continually does, at least from the comments I've heard recently from Matt Painter. Sometimes, maybe it just takes a while to sink in.....kid is a gamer, he'll figure it out I'm confident of that - it just may not be on the timetable everyone wants.

He is so far ahead of where I thought beginning of year, but yes, today was a big disappointment. How does this team respond? That will show a measure. Nobody's gonna hand it to them.....they have to go out and take it.

But he also made some good drives, some good passes, and scored some key baskets. He's seen it now, and at PU will be totally different.
He also got caught in the air when Purdue needed him most. No guarantee it will be different - not so much at WL, but in the tourney.

He also got caught in the air when Purdue needed him most. No guarantee it will be different - not so much at WL, but in the tourney.
IU is still average with juniors and seniors. It took us playing our worst half and you playing lights out for us to lose. We have two true freshmen in our backcourt. I wouldn’t be bragging. Especially since it was at Ass hall.

Morton picking up 2 fouls early in the first was a killer. Players had to shift to different roles and things took off for them. I am glad Zach didn’t get the call though on Morton’s first foul.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
IU is still average with juniors and seniors. It took us playing our worst half and you playing lights out for us to lose. We have two true freshmen in our backcourt. I wouldn’t be bragging. Especially since it was at Ass hall.
Justify the loss as many ways as you want (and there are a lot). It's still a loss.

He's all we have. Should've gotten more in the portal.
You can’t be serious. You are too emotional. BS is the best point guard we have had in (many) years and you want to sit him after having a rough go against IU in his first trip to Assembly? Are you new? How many PG do you know that would have walked into that environment and played at a high level? Who would you have gotten from the portal? BS is going to be just fine…

Obviously not their best game and showed their age. They have shown ability to bounce back and have short memories about bad decisions.

I am sure a couple of games of rest will help them get dialed in for Iowa on Thursday.

He's all we have. Should've gotten more in the portal.
Lol. Maybe one of the dumbest takes after yesterday. No mater who we got in whatever portal you imagine, the game is still won or lost by execution. We didn’t, they did. You have to play with the kids who want to be here, not some imagined Micheal Jordan magically pulled out of the portal. Those types of players aren’t the ones transferring. We are 22-2; still in the top 5.

The way we came back in the second half tells me everything I need to know about the players we have. It’s going to be a 20 point beat down at Mackey.

You can’t be serious. You are too emotional. BS is the best point guard we have had in (many) years and you want to sit him after having a rough go against IU in his first trip to Assembly? Are you new? How many PG do you know that would have walked into that environment and played at a high level? Who would you have gotten from the portal? BS is going to be just fine…
Where did I say we should sit BS?

Lol. Maybe one of the dumbest takes after yesterday. No mater who we got in whatever portal you imagine, the game is still won or lost by execution. We didn’t, they did. You have to play with the kids who want to be here, not some imagined Micheal Jordan magically pulled out of the portal. Those types of players aren’t the ones transferring. We are 22-2; still in the top 5.

The way we came back in the second half tells me everything I need to know about the players we have. It’s going to be a 20 point beat down at Mackey.
Speaking of "dumb" takes... "matter" and "Michael" Jordan.

We need to worry less about Mackey and more about March. Better guards would help us immensely come March.

Braden Smith made one bad pass in the 2nd half to Edey…a bounce pass below Edey’s knees that he could not handle and it resulted in a turnover. It is difficult for a player of that size to control the ball at or below his knees…no bounce passes…just lob passes to the big guy.

Kentucky refused to go back to that place and play. Think about that. A home and home evaporated after a game in Bloomington. Braden will be fine.

Speaking of "dumb" takes... "matter" and "Michael" Jordan.

We need to worry less about Mackey and more about March. Better guards would help us immensely come March.
Thanks for the spelling corrections. That’s what I get for typing fast.

it was still a dumb take. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT