ADVERTISEMENT

OT: L'ville, NCAA, and death penalty

Sorry, but when I defend the NCAA in the Penn State case, I appear to defend the illegal and immoral practices one of their sports department people were committing. I am not. I am just saying that the NCAA rules were not violated during this crime spree. Hence the NCAA had limited enforcement options.

All those people you cited as lying did so to criminal investigators not to the NCAA, at least, as I understand the situation. Few if any NCAA rules were violated as part of the crimes committed.

I understand, but I am not willing to accept it and leave it go without comment. These organizations have morality built into their structure. The leaders of these organizations are supposed to have morality built into their character. They go through screening just as if they were running for election to a political position in any form of government.

Now I see a noticeable "back pedal" in your response. Glad to see that. I pray that the strong, continual pursuit of the truth, morality and justice lead your character for the rest of your life.

Reactions: mathboy
I understand, but I am not willing to accept it and leave it go without comment. These organizations have morality built into their structure. The leaders of these organizations are supposed to have morality built into their character. They go through screening just as if they were running for election to a political position in any form of government.

Now I see a noticeable "back pedal" in your response. Glad to see that. I pray that the strong, continual pursuit of the truth, morality and justice lead your character for the rest of your life.
Thanks for the nice words. I appreciate your kindness.

I got to say I really didn't back petal. I was working to explain the situation better to my fellow posters. I just tried to separate which organizations had the authority to act. The NCAA did react, but in no way did the NCAA have justification for the death penalty. This was a criminal matter, not a sports rule violation.

Thanks for the nice words. I appreciate your kindness.

I got to say I really didn't back petal. I was working to explain the situation better to my fellow posters. I just tried to separate which organizations had the authority to act. The NCAA did react, but in no way did the NCAA have justification for the death penalty. This was a criminal matter, not a sports rule violation.

Do you believe that the NCAA SHOULD have jurisdiction here?

The NCAA is simply a collection of colleges. They can determine whatever rules they want.

Do you believe that the NCAA SHOULD have jurisdiction here?

The NCAA is simply a collection of colleges. They can determine whatever rules they want.
No. Not at all.

Again, just trying to explain the situation as it stands now, and why the NCAA was not throwing the death penalty at Penn State for the Sandusky crimes.

Somebody should have thrown the book at PSU for Sandusky, the problem was no one had the legal authority to pin it on institutional malfeasance. Legally they busted Sandusky and forced a few guys out of their jobs but in the end what was the real punishment to the university? A bit of shame?

Penn State fans still defend everyone but Sandusky. Amazing

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT