ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bragging Rights

Coming North to Purdue for Niece's August 4 Graduation... Hope Alumni Game is after Graduation and before her Party begins!!! Celebrating our 4th Generation Purdue Grad! Just couldn't resist posting...
so, I must ask, since it's my assigned day to meaninglessly mind-float, what is her degree in?

And I must add, no one who looks like her should have a doctorate ... what's this world coming to .... dango tango ...

so, I must ask, since it's my assigned day to meaninglessly mind-float, what is her degree in?

And I must add, no one who looks like her should have a doctorate ... what's this world coming to .... dango tango ...

Bio/agro engineering....or something like that...lol. She got a full ride to Cornell for her undergraduate and took it as she really wanted her doctorate to come from Purdue. Then Purdue was good enough to give her a Ross Fellowship ( doctorate level scholarship for outstanding post graduate study). But this is my favorite part...for an Aunt who went to Purdue in 1970....It’s in “Weed Science”.....!!!!! She’s in the genetics side of the research world...Certainly makes one smile to think about it. She got her Daddy and I “Purdue Weed Science” shirts for Christmas this past year...lol!
( oh...and she does 2-3 Triathlons a year too! I had energy like that many years ago...lol! )

Last edited:
Bio/agro engineering....or something like that...lol. She got a full ride to Cornell for her undergraduate and took it as she really wanted her doctorate to come from Purdue. Then Purdue was good enough to give her a Ross Fellowship ( doctorate level scholarship for outstanding post graduate study). But this is my favorite part...for an Aunt who went to Purdue in 1970....It’s in “Weed Science”.....!!!!! She’s in the genetics side of the research world...Certainly makes one smile to think about it. She got her Daddy and I “Purdue Weed Science” shirts for Christmas this past year...lol!
( oh...and she does 2-3 Triathlons a year too! I had energy like that many years ago...lol! )
I certainly knew a lot of folks who minored in Weed Science while I was there...

I met a young couple several years ago that were really fun people and very into an eclectic group I was in that ranged from 75 years old to undergrads. The head of the local social security office and the project manager for the newest building going up at purdue were in it. Highly interesting group. Anyway, this young couple were both in PhD programs, one in Physics and one in some kind of super micro bio cellular who knows. Anyway, I would NEVER have known if it weren't for their endless t-shirts. They both always wore matching sox.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT