ADVERTISEMENT

OK be honest now part 2

He tried to pull a Dickinson by staying on floor for monitor review...problem is that was a text book screen and his head hit Zach's belly button.
Hahah that was such a text book screen and if he really did get knocked out he needs to be pissed at his teammate for not telling a screen was coming! He def tried to sell it like a soccer player by staying on the ground and then went to the locker room but oh look! Cupps got his 4th foul! Miraculously X is ok!

Reactions: A. Ness and Schnelk
I would dismiss him from the team - not that it matters for them now but he’s clearly a huge detriment and distraction. Not sure I’ve seen a jump shot that ugly either!
X2. That shot is ridiculous. There is no way in hell that shot would ever be consistently accurate. Looks like an 8th grader trying to learn how to shoot a jump shot for the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
I would dismiss him from the team - not that it matters for them now but he’s clearly a huge detriment and distraction. Not sure I’ve seen a jump shot that ugly either!
He caps a poor shooting team perfectly. His flop when Fletcher "pushed" him was pathetic. I laughed when he ran into Zach.
He should be ashamed, but obviously as a repeat offender nad whacker he has no shame.

He caps a poor shooting team perfectly. His flop when Fletcher "pushed" him was pathetic. I laughed when he ran into Zach.
He should be ashamed, but obviously as a repeat offender nad whacker he has no shame.
What was the call on that play? Don’t recall hearing exactly because I thought it was on Loyer.

X2. That shot is ridiculous. There is no way in hell that shot would ever be consistently accurate. Looks like an 8th grader trying to learn how to shoot a jump shot for the first time.
he has always had a very low shooting pocket and I don't understand how he has been somewhat effective with it other than "maybe" his quickness buys enough space...

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
What was the call on that play? Don’t recall hearing exactly because I thought it was on Loyer.
@Purdue Grad in Texas @Dryfly88 @Schmedly_Whiplash Funny I was catching that as it happened. X was belly up on Fletcher with his arms somewhat around him and making needless physical contact not resembling a defensive position as much as confining movement of Fletcher away from the ball. This went on for a few seconds with the ref right there not calling anything. Then Fletcher "shoved" X backward and a second or two later the Ref blew the whistle. I immediately told Kim that the foul took place before with X for a few seconds and the ref got Fletcher's shove. I was surprised that the foul...correct, but suspiciously late was on X since it could have been called much earlier than it did. Makes me think the ref was letting it go until Fletcher had enough...

Woodson has had talks with him after his pre-season arrest and after his troubles on the court. With his PG position, age, and experience (for how many years and how many teams has he played?), he is expected to be the team leader on a young, talented team. Some Purdue fans here said he was poison when he arrived at IU. Of course, there were some who called it another "huge Painter miss" because he went to IU instead of Purdue. That aged well.

@Purdue Grad in Texas @Dryfly88 @Schmedly_Whiplash Funny I was catching that as it happened. X was belly up on Fletcher with his arms somewhat around him and making needless physical contact not resembling a defensive position as much as confining movement of Fletcher away from the ball. This went on for a few seconds with the ref right there not calling anything. Then Fletcher "shoved" X backward and a second or two later the Ref blew the whistle. I immediately told Kim that the foul took place before with X for a few seconds and the ref got Fletcher's shove. I was surprised that the foul...correct, but suspiciously late was on X since it could have been called much earlier than it did. Makes me think the ref was letting it go until Fletcher had enough...

And then when X went down he tried to trip Loyer

Reactions: tjreese
Robbie even thought it was a bad call. But as you or someone else said, Peacock didn't show a replay.

The one kinda late in the game from the right corner was one of the worst jump shots I've ever seen.

Robbie even thought it was a bad call. But as you or someone else said, Peacock didn't show a replay.
I thought it was a great call, but called too late making me think they were calling on Fletch instead of X. Robbie probably only caught the shove by Fletcher, like I thought the ref did. I think the ref was just late to blow the whistle when the foul happened before the whistle a second or two.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I thought it was a great call, but called too late making me think they were calling on Fletch instead of X. Robbie probably only caught the shove by Fletcher, like I thought the ref did. I think the ref was just late to blow the whistle when the foul happened before the whistle a second or two.
Another possibility is that the ref wasn't going to call anything, but when X flopped, he was tired of X's antics and called the flop a foul.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Another possibility is that the ref wasn't going to call anything, but when X flopped, he was tired of X's antics and called the flop a foul.
Who knows? Fletcher shoved him...no debate on that. It wasn't a basketball play to shove him and so I'm unsure a flop (created to reduce fake charges by punishing those that fake a charge) was really in play. No question when the fouling started and no question the whistle was late...unless it was on Fletcher seeing the retaliation like I immediately thought the whistle was blown, but then it was called on X and so I don't know how to explain the delay other than he was going to let the play go until Fletcher pushed him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT