ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern v. Purdue Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Good Saturday afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, the Northwestern Wildcats come calling in the first meeting between the two schools this year. Northwestern started out conference play on fire winning its first three games, but it has cooled off considerably losing eight straight since. Purdue is coming off a disappointing loss on Tuesday at Maryland, as the Boilers look to bounce back while also welcoming Sasha Stefanovic back to the playing court after sitting out the last three contests due to COVID-19 protocols. His return should free up some other teammates as the Wildcats will need to turn more attention to the perimeter threat with an added weapon.

Purdue can't afford to lose focus or overlook Northwestern. At times, they can be productive, especially if Boo Buie finds his rhythm. He played well early on in the conference season when Northwestern had some success, but he has certainly had his struggles as well. It will sound perhaps like a broken record with the Boilers. Take care of the ball and the glass and work the inside outside game with a patiently aggressive approach. It's a good sign with a developing good team when their execution and how well they play dictates the pace of the game. However, they can't afford some of the unfocused play marred by turnovers we've seen at times. If you let a team like Northwestern hang around or gain confidence, Purdue could pay dearly in the end.

Can the Boilers rebound from Tuesday's defeat and get things back on track? How will Sasha Stefanovic's presence in the line-up be felt? We shall see shortly. Scheduled tip at Mackey Arena coming up in less than an hour at 4:30 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on Big Ten Network.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i

Good Saturday afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, the Northwestern Wildcats come calling in the first meeting between the two schools this year. Northwestern started out conference play on fire winning its first three games, but it has cooled off considerably losing eight straight since. Purdue is coming off a disappointing loss on Tuesday at Maryland, as the Boilers look to bounce back while also welcoming Sasha Stefanovic back to the playing court after sitting out the last three contests due to COVID-19 protocols. His return should free up some other teammates as the Wildcats will need to turn more attention to the perimeter threat with an added weapon.

Purdue can't afford to lose focus or overlook Northwestern. At times, they can be productive, especially if Boo Buie finds his rhythm. He played well early on in the conference season when Northwestern had some success, but he has certainly had his struggles as well. It will sound perhaps like a broken record with the Boilers. Take care of the ball and the glass and work the inside outside game with a patiently aggressive approach. It's a good sign with a developing good team when their execution and how well they play dictates the pace of the game. However, they can't afford some of the unfocused play marred by turnovers we've seen at times. If you let a team like Northwestern hang around or gain confidence, Purdue could pay dearly in the end.

Can the Boilers rebound from Tuesday's defeat and get things back on track? How will Sasha Stefanovic's presence in the line-up be felt? We shall see shortly. Scheduled tip at Mackey Arena coming up in less than an hour at 4:30 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on Big Ten Network.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i
Nothing I do has a bearing on how the team plays and I'm not superstitious, but decided to change from Makers Mark to Bulleit. I 😁

Boom Ba....wait....monitor review for shot clock....sheesh.

Nice find from Big Tre....Boilers need a little quicker movement when Big Tre isolates.

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT