ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel

Feb 27, 2012
I mainly just read on here, don't post much, but I don't like to see our players being bashed. But I don't feel nojel gets his due. Kid plays great defense, night in and out. I thought he did a great job on Romeo. When he develops a shot, and gets better on his drives, kid is going to be awesome. Glad he is a Boilermaker.

dakich said it last night on the call. he is the best rebounding guard in the big ten. i can remember at least two baskets on offensive rebounds and put backs. he is a good player and extremely valuable to this team.
Was he as good as Bobby Wilkerson according to Dan? Lol!

Reactions: ChuckJr
I mainly just read on here, don't post much, but I don't like to see our players being bashed. But I don't feel nojel gets his due. Kid plays great defense, night in and out. I thought he did a great job on Romeo. When he develops a shot, and gets better on his drives, kid is going to be awesome. Glad he is a Boilermaker.

Nojel should be DPOY........won't win it.....but he is the DPOY, best rebounding point guard in the country and one big reason why we are currently tied for first.

dakich said it last night on the call. he is the best rebounding guard in the big ten. i can remember at least two baskets on offensive rebounds and put backs. he is a good player and extremely valuable to this team.

IIRC, hamcoboiler, he then even said "best in the country." No question to me, Nojel Eastern plays a valuable role on the team....and has quickly developed the reputation as a defensive stopper, one that he appears to truly relish.

Reactions: Schnelk
Are you serious? Check what you’re saying.. wrong dude.. completely
oh my god - did you seriously just pull out a 150 year old slavery reference in his post? Heaven help you if you did. Quit looking for reasons to be offended.

Last edited:
oh my god - did you seriously just pull out a 150 year old slavery reference in his post? Heaven help you if you did. Quit looking for reasons to be offended.

Don’t blame me. Everyone should be careful with how their words may effect others. What was the point of that word choice? At best thoughtless...

I do not see any racist comment here. The term "Master" is/was used to refer to a young man. Mister was for an adult, often the head of household. This was used in England, where there were no slaves, as well as America in this context. Read some literature, you will see the term used not in the way that you perceive as some sort of racist thing.

I don’t watch the NBA, but after watching Langford this year, if he’s a top 5 NBA pick, then I don’t think it’s far fetched to think NE could play in the NBA. If I had to pick 1 of the 2 right now, I’d take NE.

Don’t blame me. Everyone should be careful with how their words may effect others. What was the point of that word choice? At best thoughtless...
Jeez. Sorry to offend anyone. Never even knew I said anything wrong. I had to even try to understand what you were referring to.

You have never heard of a young man called Master so and so? Look it up. It's an honor salutation in England. Like in Star Wars "Master Luke"

Master is an English honorific for boys and young men.

Sorry again.

And Dan is probably right about it, but the game we lost at Michigan he made the comment about how the experiment is over and Nojel isn't in any way a point guard. So Dan is just trying to make up for being a cock.

Reactions: Schnelk
And Dan is probably right about it, but the game we lost at Michigan he made the comment about how the experiment is over and Nojel isn't in any way a point guard. So Dan is just trying to make up for being a cock.
Nojel IS our point guard, and a damned good one at that. He is quick enough, has good handles and can pass over the top of whoever has to guard him. He scores as needed, but scoring is not his role on this team. He puts others in position to score, and does some O-Rebounding as well.

Nojel IS our point guard, and a damned good one at that. He is quick enough, has good handles and can pass over the top of whoever has to guard him. He scores as needed, but scoring is not his role on this team. He puts others in position to score, and does some O-Rebounding as well.
One of the things about Nojel that has improved so much is he sets the tone coming down the court. He'll either walk it, slowing the offense down or he'll push it and get it to a scorer.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
He has played some of his best ball against IU. Averaged 9 points and 9.5 boards in the 2 games this year, played great defense against Romeo, and most importantly, he’s still undefeated against Lil Archie.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Jeez. Sorry to offend anyone. Never even knew I said anything wrong. I had to even try to understand what you were referring to.

You have never heard of a young man called Master so and so? Look it up. It's an honor salutation in England. Like in Star Wars "Master Luke"

Sorry again.

Master Bates “The Toy”

There was a point in the game where Eastern was guarding Romeo...…..and I mean he was stride for stride, in his grill. Well of course the refs thought he was bodying him up too much and a foul was called. But that was some of the best, stifling defense I've seen all year. I know a few of us commented on it in the game thread. Just a thing of beauty...…..synchronicity!

There was a point in the game where Eastern was guarding Romeo...…..and I mean he was stride for stride, in his grill. Well of course the refs thought he was bodying him up too much and a foul was called. But that was some of the best, stifling defense I've seen all year. I know a few of us commented on it in the game thread. Just a thing of beauty...…..synchronicity!
Even the poke of the ball on Romeo at the end didn't seem to be a foul but the ref thought it must of been, I guess. It worked out in our favor though.

Sorry again.

You probably were meant to say the word, Maestro/Meister..
At least that is what I believe you meant to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT