ADVERTISEMENT

No commits?

someone posted Wondale didn't make the trip. We did get a commit Thursday and Friday. Both bell and Wright said their decisions would be down the road.

If not, I am very surprised no one committed last night on the spot after being there or watching that environment, entire team play and incredible coaching staff energy and results.

I believe the problem with no commits is that unlike the hazel l and hope years where we would recruit during the season, the players who attended the game were either 2020 commits or ones who had already committed to us. We did have a lot of players there. But guys like King and Graham committed before they arrived. And it appears Purdue is holding their remaining scholarships for guys like Williams, Bell, Wright, Robinson and Weaver who have all said they will make their decisions and announcements later.

I have confidence if king and graham hadn't already committed, they would have committed last night.

Something that is very significant. Despite our slow start, Purdue has zero (0) de-commitments. and that's very significant when thinking many other schools are probably drooling over some of our recruits and trying their best to pry them away. unlike the past, our elite recruits are remaining loyal and not jumping ship like they did in the past. Purdue is no longer a stepping stone or waiting area until a recruit gets a better offer. We have become that better offer.

Reactions: LLaswell
If not, I am very surprised no one committed last night on the spot after being there or watching that environment, entire team play and incredible coaching staff energy and results.

They have very few people they would take a commitment from for the 19 class. And the people they would aren’t Justin siller or chevin Davis or Zach Logan. They all have elite options or at least very good options.

If my son were a 2020 recruit I wouldn’t want him committing anywhere right now off of one game. I’m betting they are getting calls, texts, tweets and answers from people they never were before .. and that’s good enough for me.

Reactions: LLaswell
There are only a few spots remaining and none of the main targets were in attendance. Hard to get commits when the class is nearly full and the ones that they are waiting on are more than a month from committing, with Bell committing in January

Reactions: delarno
Cam Williams going to commit to us.

Edit: smoke signals and pure speculation
Doubtful, but hope I’m wrong. Brian has been saying for months there are academic hurdles that would keep Purdue from taking him. Certainly would be nice if those have been cleared up.

Last edited:
I read several articles that included comments from our current commits. As Flag hunter indicated, we may not have gained any new commits, but this game helped secure the commits we already have - especially those from Ohio.

haven't been impressed w/ their LB's and secondary all year too. For a program like them to have LB's like they do is very surprising.

I think last nights team was better than 2000 OSU. I think 2002 OSU Beats last nights team easily

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT