ADVERTISEMENT

Neal is Returning!!!

Glad to see it. Have to assume that he wasn't hearing what he wanted from NFL teams since he didn't play this year...which is understandable and a big 5th year could lead him back to the first day.

Reactions: SKYDOG and DAG10
This is indeed huge news. I guess the injury concerns were thought to be too much to overcome for the NFL draft this year for him as he had been projected as a 1st rounder before the injury?? I’m hopeful that he will be healthy and back to full form for his sake as well as the team’s for 2020.

I'm glad I was wrong. I'll own it. I'll also own I got my info that he wasn't coming back from a post made by a famous Gold and Black poster. I'd sure like to see him own it as well. Man, I thought he was the smartest poster on this board when he shared his knowledge and insight. I can't believe he was just making it all up. and I foolishly believed him. he made me look bad.

I'm glad I was wrong. I'll own it. I'll also own I got my info that he wasn't coming back from a post made by a famous Gold and Black poster. I'd sure like to see him own it as well. Man, I thought he was the smartest poster on this board when he shared his knowledge and insight. I can't believe he was just making it all up. and I foolishly believed him. he made me look bad.

So you partially "own it"? Does that mean you "rent" it? You're the one who kept claiming that you saw it in a tweet from Neal. Just let it go at that.

Most importantly, Neal returning is great news - whether he tweeted the news, hired a sky writer to tell everyone or branded it on the ass of a Hereford(or Gurnsey).

So you partially "own it"? Does that mean you "rent" it? You're the one who kept claiming that you saw it in a tweet from Neal. Just let it go at that.

Most importantly, Neal returning is great news - whether he tweeted the news, hired a sky writer to tell everyone or branded it on the ass of a Hereford(or Gurnsey).

I said it was tweeted somewhere. And it was - just not a tweet by neal. I believe you all should just let it go. I wouldn't have even brought this subject up if NAT didn't first shove it in my face with his post. Why don't yo u get on the case of the guy who originally posted it? he posted it as if it were fact and he had inside info.

I said it was tweeted somewhere. And it was - just not a tweet by neal. I believe you all should just let it go. I wouldn't have even brought this subject up if NAT didn't first shove it in my face with his post. Why don't yo u get on the case of the guy who originally posted it? he posted it as if it were fact and he had inside info.

Me let it go? You claimed it was true for a long time and that YOU had seen it(despite being called on it repeatedly). When you finally claim to "own it", you don't do so fully - you throw blame on another poster(who you haven't yet named, have you?). Each of your mea culpa attempts has included deflection.

Either way - thanks for staying Lorenzo.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Not shocked he's coming back, his dad was a class act individual and has obviously raised a son the same way.. Boiler Up.

Glad to see it. Have to assume that he wasn't hearing what he wanted from NFL teams since he didn't play this year...which is understandable and a big 5th year could lead him back to the first day.
I think he likes college Football. I think he likes being at Purdue and being a student athlete. It wasn’t ready to give that up, once you leave and go to the NFL, “it’s all business”. Maybe it’s not as fun

Honestly, I would think if you missed a whole season that you would improve your draft stock significantly by coming back and playing another season before entering the draft.
There's a lot of risk in drafting a player that hasn't played football in over a year.
This also applies to Bailey. I suppose that their concern for the player would be the risk of injury inaanother season?
What do you guys think?

Honestly, I would think if you missed a whole season that you would improve your draft stock significantly by coming back and playing another season before entering the draft.
There's a lot of risk in drafting a player that hasn't played football in over a year.
This also applies to Bailey. I suppose that their concern for the player would be the risk of injury inaanother season?
What do you guys think?
great news, nice way to start the weekend

Dline looks like it can be a real strength of the team next year. Karlaftis, Neal, Watts, and Barnes is a seriously good starting DL. Johnson and Sullivan had flashes of great play at the DT position throughout the year. Faucheux and Hunter were two of our highest rated recruits in the 2019 class, excited to see what they can do after the redshirt year.
There will be questions at linebacker and in the secondary, but I think that Dline can cover for a lot on the back end of the D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bayou Boiler
I‘be been on the side of saying there was a decent chance he returns for awhile. With not playing this season and being a big guy coming off a major leg injury, I believe his draft stock plummeted. The only way to get that right before the draft would be to have a monster combine or pro day workout. Coming off this injury he’s just not in the best shape to do that. He’ll use the offseason to get in shape and come back and show everyone he hasn’t lost anything, and will be back in the round 1/2 discussion.

This is huge news. Really liked what I saw from Johnson and Marks this year as frosh (?). I Would think we'd like to rotate 4 guys throughout the game and have a Couple for depth. So we Should have that for next year.

Main concern on D next year is at LB. Lot of questions, including who do we have with ability that can even line up there.

This is huge news. Really liked what I saw from Johnson and Marks this year as frosh (?). I Would think we'd like to rotate 4 guys throughout the game and have a Couple for depth. So we Should have that for next year.

Main concern on D next year is at LB. Lot of questions, including who do we have with ability that can even line up there.
Did Marks play?

A healthy Jones will be a good start. I think Alexander really played well down the stretch and Saunders always seemed to make plays with as little time he got. Those three will have big rolls in my opinion. Who else emerges will be fun to watch. My main question is who will take on the leadership roll on defense aka Holt?

I think he likes college Football. I think he likes being at Purdue and being a student athlete. It wasn’t ready to give that up, once you leave and go to the NFL, “it’s all business”. Maybe it’s not as fun
Maybe so, but I'd have to imagine that had he been healthy and played a full year, he'd be gone.

Maybe so, but I'd have to imagine that had he been healthy and played a full year, he'd be gone.
Of course, but that is not the case at all here. I agree with you, but he also could have left anyway because obviously he’s healthy and could do the workouts at the combine and be “out of here“

Of course, but that is not the case at all here. I agree with you, but he also could have left anyway because obviously he’s healthy and could do the workouts at the combine and be “out of here“
I don't know that it's obvious he's healthy or you would have thought he would have played 8 days ago.

It might have been from your resident trolls and/or negative Nellies, but I thought I had read a while back on here that there were rumblings of some kind of friction between Neal & the coaching staff.

I only bring it up because if that's the case and that he's coming back next year to improve his draft stock (reasonable) but he really does have issues with the coaching staff, this might not shake out like you all hope. Negativity spreads just like positivity, and he's a damn good player & leader.

Of course, in his favor, you've got (1) that winning makes friction a heck of a lot easier to deal with and they look to have a much improved record next year and (2) Neal's dad was a long time pro and I would expect him to have taught Jr. how to be a good teammate and elevate all.

But again, this is all based on some rumor I'd thought I'd read on hear a while back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT