ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tourney seeds and locations

euchre13

True Freshman
Mar 29, 2011
Anybody know if the specific first round locations are pre-determined to get specific seeds? I'm looking at a tourney prediction and they have they have the 2,3,6,7,10,11,14 and 15 as going to St. Louis. Is this a set thing meaning that for Purdue to play in St. Louis they would have to be one of those seeds?

Thanks if anybody knows.

I don't think it is locked in stone. They seed the tournament and then set locations based on a combination of protecting seeds, ensuring they don't violate any tourney opponent rules, and which games will draw the best attendance.

I don't think it is locked in stone. They seed the tournament and then set locations based on a combination of protecting seeds, ensuring they don't violate any tourney opponent rules, and which games will draw the best attendance.
That's right, they use equations and formulas as well. Lot's of math involved (Computers & huge mainframes galore during the meetings)

Got it, tyvm.

Purdue, now a six seed shipped to Providence, RI on this latest bracketology (below). I think that's a good location for travel. Providence is a real cool town with lots to do and it is in proximity to many other places on the drive there or if you fly there, you can get a rental and find tons of cities and towns with lots to see and do. This couldn't be a better location.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ms-college-basketball-march-madness/80699606/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT