ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Tourney

Yes, and I'm one that doesn't believe fatigue played a part in our loss to FDU. Sunday afternoon to Friday is plenty of rest time.
There are a few things that can be pointed to for the loss to FDU. They played VERY well and Purdue was limited in either behind the arc or to Zach on the blocks. They sold out on Zach and Purdue missed wide open looks that a few made would have won the game. Their guards quickness and their run and jump caused issues because Braden had no help and why I immediately stated after the game that Purdue has to get better at the 3 and 4 when many were pointing at portal guards.

This is a different team and not limited to only scoring two ways and hopeful that when one was shut down the other would be off like last year. This team can score a lot of different ways. Had Braden had a good 3 man with the ball, that loss wouldn't have happened...even with the poor shooting. No doubt all freshman get tired in a tough conference that is long...and no doubt Braden had to do too much, but even with that...one more ball handler and FDU is never discussed...or just a couple of wide open looks drop. The loss was not due to fatigue even if Braden may have tired the latter part of the season. It was a good, but incomplete team in which too much was required by Braden...and others older and not fatigued missed a lot of shots...

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think the FDU guards made him look slower. No evidence to suggest fatigue was a factor in the FDU game. We got beat by better guards that day. You obviously want to keep beating this dead horse, so go ahead, I'm done with it.
I’ve already made the point that the FDU guards were quicker to begin with, which exacerbated the problem of our younger, smaller guards being worn down from 23 B1G indoor rugby games.

Then we have our 7’-4” 300 lb NPOY chasing a 6’-6” 200 lb guy around the arc…which is another topic for another day…

They missed wide open looks. Their body language seemed to show they were afraid to shoot. My first comment after the game was that Painter had to figure it out and fix it. Whether it was fatigue or stage fright or something else, he needed to figure it out.

Anyone else think B1G play isn't as physical as last year? Knock on wood going into the game with Rutgers.

Reactions: tjreese
Anyone else think B1G play isn't as physical as last year? Knock on wood going into the game with Rutgers.
Possibly? I think Purdue and the Big in general has some new faces with stripes that did and are doing so games down the road I hope. When I saw who was doing the Mich game I figured it would get a bit physical and Reed was given a LOT of rope in defending Zach IMO

15 of 18 seems like an odd number (literally). I would be in favor of keeping it at 14, but I also think 12 is a great number to use.
12 works for Purdue always I imagine, but the Big wants to grow the big and part of that is TV. STill 15 does seem odd. Shoot, I'd be good for the top 10 which probably extends Purdue's lofty position for a few years.

I think the FDU guards made him look slower. No evidence to suggest fatigue was a factor in the FDU game. We got beat by better guards that day. You obviously want to keep beating this dead horse, so go ahead, I'm done with it.
Yep, Freshman guard going up against 24 year olds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT