ADVERTISEMENT

NATO/Putin meetings

Trump is getting a return on his investment. Thats how business works.
He put money in Russia and makes money in return. I doubt Trump owes money to anyone in Russia.
What does Russia expect in return for their investment to the Clintons?
You doubt that Trump owes anyone in Russia money?

o-kay

:rolleyes:

Reactions: kescwi
I agree follow the money to all the Russian Oligarchs that Trump does business with, owes money to and/or sells condos.
Trump is getting a return on his investment. Thats how business works.
He put money in Russia and makes money in return. I doubt Trump owes money to anyone in Russia.
What does Russia expect in return for their investment to the Clintons?

Putin is getting a return on his investment (I fixed it for you).

You could literally make the same exact argument about his relationship with any world leader. He doesn't seem to have a problem alienating damn near everyone else (who doesn't happen to be an authoritarian strongman).

Y'all LOVED when he was insulting Kim, because he was "putting" pressure on him and "got results."

Does the US not have leverage or the ability to "put pressure" on Russia to, ya know, tell them to stop f**king around in our elections?
What moral high ground do you think we have with Russia? All we've done for the past 40 years is sabotage them. I'm sure Putin would just laugh at you when you come in with your fist banging on the table about election interference and whip out reams of shit the US has done to Russia. Comparing Russia and north korea as if they are remotely similar shows your naiveté.

Wow. TO WHAT END?

To punish the criminals. Lol. Isn't that what you stand for? You want to punish destitute illegals for a misdemeanor and split their families but not a foreign entity than tried to interfere in our most basic democratic right.......that is trying to divide our country?

To stop them from doing it again. What are you going to say if Putin tries to interfere on behalf of a democratic in 2020? Your freakin heads would explode.

We don't have to work with Russia on shit. Not trade, not defense, not terrorism. Certainly not human rights or the environment cause neither president gives a damn about them. BTW, they are currently in violation with their new cruise missile, nukes are an issue.

You're supposedly the law and order guys.......what signal do you send if you give them a pass? C'mon, you guys say it all the time.
Would Trump not be Obama all over again? You show weakness, Russia only tries more shit. What happened to Trump the fighter? Can he not fight for our most basic right?
Reagan is turning over in his grave.
How are you going to punish the criminals? Do tell. How are you going to stop them from doing it again? How are you even going to get a court to say it was the Russian government? The FBI is not a court and its indictments are not successful prosecutions.

What moral high ground do you think we have with Russia? All we've done for the past 40 years is sabotage them. I'm sure Putin would just laugh at you when you come in with your fist banging on the table about election interference and whip out reams of shit the US has done to Russia. Comparing Russia and north korea as if they are remotely similar shows your naiveté.

I said nothing about moral high ground. I was talking about leverage and pressure.

How are you going to punish the criminals? Do tell. How are you going to stop them from doing it again? How are you even going to get a court to say it was the Russian government? The FBI is not a court and its indictments are not successful prosecutions.

Welp, I guess the American people knowing the truth is just peanuts.

You doubt that Trump owes anyone in Russia money?

o-kay

:rolleyes:
Trump could abandon his investments in Russia and still have a net worth greater than everyone on this board combined.
And probably exponentially. So no I don't think Trump is in debt to any bank in China or Russia.

Last edited:
Using what, exactly, as leverage to what end?
read the transcript. All his goals are in there. They are all reasonable goals, better relations with russia, stabilizing syria, communicating better on terrorism, stopping nuclear proliferation...

read the transcript. All his goals are in there. They are all reasonable goals, better relations with russia, stabilizing syria, communicating better on terrorism, stopping nuclear proliferation...

Not spamming US social media with fake news intended to divide the electorate (and elect a specific person) seems like low-hanging fruit.

So, what's the leverage you were referring to earlier when you said he's trying to use "it" as leverage to, presumably, accomplish these goals.

Idk. As I said, may not ever happen. Is that a good reason to not try? Not call out the crime? You only indict people you know you can catch?
What's the other option? Ignore it. That's what you're selling. Answer the question.......is Russia more or less likely to try it again if we ignore it?

You guys will rationalize anything. Just let the criminals go, we can't put them in jail anyway. Law and order party lol.

Idk. As I said, may not ever happen. Is that a good reason to not try? Not call out the crime? You only indict people you know you can catch?
What's the other option? Ignore it. That's what you're selling. Answer the question.......is Russia more or less likely to try it again if we ignore it?

You guys will rationalize anything. Just let the criminals go, we can't put them in jail anyway. Law and order party lol.
one. i'm not a republican.
two. i'm not a republican.
three. i'm not a republican.

When you can get past that, let's try again.

I don't care what you choose to call yourself. You are an ardent Trump supporter. Try and answer the question you've twice ignored.
I did answer your questions. The investigation is still going on. You want a trial in the Hague courts then go for it. You want to use the treaty in place that Putin suggested? You'll probably get worse results. What would you like the outcome to be? Russia will do what is best for Russia whether we ignore it or not. Should the US stop its espionage efforts in russia? Do you want a truce? How does this play out in your mind? I don't think trump is ignoring it. They clearly spoke about it. He's not going to play along with this investigation until it clears him. Until Mueller comes out and says "no collusion" or whatever, Trump isn't giving this the time of day. He thinks this is an illegitimate attack on his presidency and to that point I'm inclined to agree with him.

I did answer your questions. The investigation is still going on. You want a trial in the Hague courts then go for it. You want to use the treaty in place that Putin suggested? You'll probably get worse results. What would you like the outcome to be? Russia will do what is best for Russia whether we ignore it or not. Should the US stop its espionage efforts in russia? Do you want a truce? How does this play out in your mind? I don't think trump is ignoring it. They clearly spoke about it. He's not going to play along with this investigation until it clears him. Until Mueller comes out and says "no collusion" or whatever, Trump isn't giving this the time of day. He thinks this is an illegitimate attack on his presidency and to that point I'm inclined to agree with him.

tl;dr most optimistic interpretation is that Trump is letting his ego get in the way of what's best for the US (i.e. not publicly questioning the broad consensus among all intelligence agencies and Congressional investigations).

Statements matter. Condemnations matter. Not dragging your feet on imposing sactions matters.

What are you talking about?

We were discussing whether the 12 Russians were going to be brought to justice. JFC you're like Trump trying to dodge questions. I was waiting to see something about the DNC server in your post.

Once again, since you seem to be saying the Russian indictments are no big deal since we'll never get them anyway......is Russia more or less likely to try to interfere again if we ignore this attempt?

We were discussing whether the 12 Russians were going to be brought to justice. JFC you're like Trump trying to dodge questions. I was waiting to see something about the DNC server in your post.

Once again, since you seem to be saying the Russian indictments are no big deal since we'll never get them anyway......is Russia more or less likely to try to interfere again if we ignore this attempt?
1. I fundamentally disagree that not beating up putin publicly is equivalent to ignoring it.
2. Russia is equally likely to do it again either way. They are doing what is in the best interest of their country, just like we do to them and many other countries around the world.

1. I fundamentally disagree that not beating up putin publicly is equivalent to ignoring it.
2. Russia is equally likely to do it again either way. They are doing what is in the best interest of their country, just like we do to them and many other countries around the world.

I don’t believe this for one second. If Obama did what Trump did yesterday, you’d be ready screaming for impeachment.

I don’t believe this for one second. If Obama did what Trump did yesterday, you’d be ready screaming for impeachment.
really? I didn't think obama was any good so it should be easy to find me screaming for impeachment, right? show me all the examples.

I haven't heard of any Uranium leaving since the first shipment.
Did Trump stop it? We know Hillary wouldn't have.
Shipments lasted from 2012 to 2014. So, no, Trump sure as shit didn't stop it because it hasn't happened since a year before he even became a political thing.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT