ADVERTISEMENT

NATO/Putin meetings

Was also a nice touch that he mocked a 94 year old president and the me too movement at last night's rally. McCain as well but that's nothing new.

The "Points of light" foundation promotes solving social problems through volunteer service. Apparently Trump doesn't understand the concept.

My bad. It probably makes sense to his base.

I’m a sanders supporter and it makes sense to me... are you familiar with the 1972 mcgovern commission And the book “changing sources of power” ... have you read the book listen liberal by Thomas franks

Oh, what a shock. You quote bitter Never Trumper who couldn't get elected Dog Catcher in FL now. David Jolly was a lobbyist who failed after he failed to get elected. Republicans don't want him in FL. Maybe he should run as a D now?
I happen to think Jolly is intelligent and balanced. I don't judge him an idiot because he didn't get reelected. But keep attacking the messenger and ignoring the message. That's what you guys do best.

I happen to think Jolly is intelligent and balanced. I don't judge him an idiot because he didn't get reelected. But keep attacking the messenger and ignoring the message. That's what you guys do best.
Isn't that an ironic statement. Maybe you should take your own advice w.r.t. Trump.

Bobby - you seemingly think of the President 24/7/365. You should get outside and enjoy life more.

Isn't that an ironic statement. Maybe you should take your own advice w.r.t. Trump.
Am I ignoring his brain dead tariff war.........or his ill conceived no tolerance immigration policy...........or his bizarre desire to piss off every ally while kissing the asses of authoritarians? I'll have to talk about that stuff more.

The economy and employment is good unless he keeps up this stupid trade stuff. Don't agree with him on complete deregulation, don't like him and his family getting rich from the oval office (the emoluments lawsuits are going to catch up to him). Any talk of dismantling NATO with a thug like Putin in office to save a few bucks is insane. Wonder why everything he does in foreign policy seems to be good for Putin?

On the surface the republican party’s foreign policy shift seems extreme, but having lived around red state voters my whole life this shift was not surprising. The right was always open to isolationism if framed a certain way. Actual, George W Bush style neoconservatism had very little real popular support, and red state voters supported it because they saw it as a lesser evil, not because they were all in ideologically.

Wha really disappointed me in these last 2 years was the democrats doubling down on intervention and American empire. Very few regular people in the United States on either side of the spectrum support or like they idea of being the worlds police.

Selling Russia as a real threat to the Us’s economic and territorial integrity was always hard, and since the collapse of the Soviet Union it’s been virtually impossible, which is why people in the intelligence establishment try so hard to revive long dead Cold War corpses

On the surface the republican party’s foreign policy shift seems extreme, but having lived around red state voters my whole life this shift was not surprising. The right was always open to isolationism if framed a certain way. Actual, George W Bush style neoconservatism had very little real popular support, and red state voters supported it because they saw it as a lesser evil, not because they were all in ideologically.

Wha really disappointed me in these last 2 years was the democrats doubling down on intervention and American empire. Very few regular people in the United States on either side of the spectrum support or like they idea of being the worlds police.

Selling Russia as a real threat to the Us’s economic and territorial integrity was always hard, and since the collapse of the Soviet Union it’s been virtually impossible, which is why people in the intelligence establishment try so hard to revive long dead Cold War corpses
Do you think Trump is correct in trying to reach out to Putin and trying to make relations better with Russia?

Establishment Ds (think Clintonistas) are part of the open borders, unfettered free trade, globalist crowd. They don't care who they sell down the river in order to enrich themselves. Much of the Bush crowd has taken similar stances. In many ways, they are two sides of the same coin, except on other social issues.

Do you think Trump is correct in trying to reach out to Putin and trying to make relations better with Russia?

Establishment Ds (think Clintonistas) are part of the open borders, unfettered free trade, globalist crowd. They don't care who they sell down the river in order to enrich themselves. Much of the Bush crowd has taken similar stances. In many ways, they are two sides of the same coin, except on other social issues.
Yes, de escalation and repairing the relationship with Russia is absolutely the correct apparoach. What liberals don’t like to admit about this Russia election interference is that the CIA literally stuffed ballot boxes and surpressed opposition turnout to get Boris Yeltsin elected, who then teamed up with the Russian mob to loot the Russian economy.

This is why Russia hates us, and undoing this damage is going to take a lot of time and patience. One of the reasons I hate the Democratic Party is that they are so wed to the foreign policy establishment and the “defense” industry. Removing these types from the party is going to be difficult, but it has to be done for the sake of the whole world. Military confrontation between the US and Russia would be cataclysmic.

Are you looking for an argument......like you accuse others of?
I could give a rat's ass. People have to be warned Trump is dangerous.
Trump has been president for 18 months. Your dire warnings of "danger" of him as president is wearing thin.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Trump has been president for 18 months. Your dire warnings of "danger" of him as president is wearing thin.
I didn't know there was a timeline. The danger I'm talking about isn't something as obvious as war. The damage to our institutions and our influence in the world is happening now......but the ramifications will be around long after Trump is gone.

Let's just see if we can get through these summits without Trump pulling out of NATO or bending over for Putin.

Reactions: Bill4411
I didn't know there was a timeline. The danger I'm talking about isn't something as obvious as war. The damage to our institutions and our influence in the world is happening now......but the ramifications will be around long after Trump is gone.

Let's just see if we can get through these summits without Trump pulling out of NATO or bending over for Putin.

One thing that has been obvious since the campaign is that Trump has a style and approach that is intentional and designed to keep others off balance. This applies to the media that continues to jump on every syllable he states to amplify it and twist it into a message of hate. Dems and liberals are completely consumed in it and and can’t or refuse to accept the fact that this change direction is what this country needs.

I recall people on the right saying the exact same thing about Obama. Everyone will have a chance to evaluate this so-called "danger" when we vote at the midterms as well as the next presidential election. What the left is finding out is a good portion of this country doesn't believe the media just because they say something over and over. As the old saying goes, just because you say it doesn't make it true.

I recall people on the right saying the exact same thing about Obama. Everyone will have a chance to evaluate this so-called "danger" when we vote at the midterms as well as the next presidential election. What the left is finding out is a good portion of this country doesn't believe the media just because they say something over and over. As the old saying goes, just because you say it doesn't make it true.
Pot meet kettle.
Since you're all about facts and not opinions, you should provide some.

One thing that has been obvious since the campaign is that Trump has a style and approach that is intentional and designed to keep others off balance. This applies to the media that continues to jump on every syllable he states to amplify it and twist it into a message of hate. Dems and liberals are completely consumed in it and and can’t or refuse to accept the fact that this change direction is what this country needs.
It also applies to Congress, the markets, our trading partners and our allies. I'm sure triggering the media and the libs is cause for celebration and pride with you guys, but the real world doesn't like guessing what Trump is going to say or do tomorrow. The country needs change I agree, but it also needs stability. The world also looks to us for it and it doesn't get that from Trump.....except for Putin, he loves it.

You guys fall all over yourselves praising this constant state of turmoil created by Trump. I'm sure it worked well with his business, not so good as president.

Once again, take your own advice.
I didn't make the freakin statement. I didn't make claims about what the country believes. I'll be happy to provide the polls I have seen. I'll be happy to provide links to the tweets and statements Trump has said over and over that you idiots regurgitate.

By far the least offensive, and admittedly only thing approaching “good” about this admiantration has been its foreign policy shift away from the imperial orthodoxy of the last 75 years.

But let’s stop with this foolishness about how he’s a cunning thinker thinking multiple steps ahead. He is almost certainly senile, in the literal sense. He’s probably in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. His ability to throw people off balance and be unpredictable comes from that fact that his brain is rotting away.

Reactions: Bill4411
It also applies to Congress, the markets, our trading partners and our allies. I'm sure triggering the media and the libs is cause for celebration and pride with you guys, but the real world doesn't like guessing what Trump is going to say or do tomorrow. The country needs change I agree, but it also needs stability. The world also looks to us for it and it doesn't get that from Trump.....except for Putin, he loves it.

You guys fall all over yourselves praising this constant state of turmoil created by Trump. I'm sure it worked well with his business, not so good as president.
People like you seem to think the Trump Administration must lay out a linear, sequential path explaining every rationale publicly for their stances. The US economy is booming, unemployment is at historic lows, investment in the country’s businesses is rising sharply, more people are rejoining the workforce (labor participation rate is rising), etc., etc. Yet bitches like you continually whine that he’s not doing a good job on the economy. He’s trying to fix horrendous trade policies that have killed our country for years. And this is all a bad thing in your jaded, petty mind. TDS ab extremis.

By far the least offensive, and admittedly only thing approaching “good” about this admiantration has been its foreign policy shift away from the imperial orthodoxy of the last 75 years.

But let’s stop with this foolishness about how he’s a cunning thinker thinking multiple steps ahead. He is almost certainly senile, in the literal sense. He’s probably in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. His ability to throw people off balance and be unpredictable comes from that fact that his brain is rotting away.
But it’s ok to kill millions of people in order to further the revolution, right? The ends justify the means?

If Trump is senile, what does that make murderous thugs Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, the Castros, Lenin, Stalin.....? They were all crazed lunatics, hellbent on destruction of anyone or anything that tried to speak out against them or heaven forbid take action against them.

People like you seem to think the Trump Administration must lay out a linear, sequential path explaining every rationale publicly for their stances. The US economy is booming, unemployment is at historic lows, investment in the country’s businesses is rising sharply, more people are rejoining the workforce (labor participation rate is rising), etc., etc. Yet bitches like you continually whine that he’s not doing a good job on the economy. He’s trying to fix horrendous trade policies that have killed our country for years. And this is all a bad thing in your jaded, petty mind. TDS ab extremis.
Lol. Exaggerate much? Linear, sequential path explaining every rational? I said we need some stability.

Call me a bitch, really? I've NEVER whined about him not doing a good job on the economy. I actually posted in THIS thread on Saturday that the economy and employment was good. I can link if you like.

Mueller and Rosenstein just bent Trump over.
So you think hacking = impact on the election even though the AG stated, "”There was NO impact on votes OR outcome of the election"?

And yet you think Strzok had no impact on the election even though he specifically stated he would stop Trump from becoming elected?

Bobby - you are one flexible son of a gun to twist yourself into this way of thinking.
human-pretzel.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT