ADVERTISEMENT

Musk just made free speech great again

I may just buy a Tesla. He may have single handily reinstated free speech

He’s another danger to democracy according to Democrats. What and who ISN’T a danger or threat to democracy at this point if you don’t agree with them? They’re always overreaching for the emotional pull because they know their base is largely emotionally vulnerable and will parrot whatever they’re saying. It’s getting and has gotten old!

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner and BSIT
If the narrative, whatever it is, is anti-anything the dems support, then it's a threat and must be eliminated. They want to control what you say, think, how you act, etc. Dems are very nazi-like.

Free Speech will morph into both sides wanting to kill each other, wish politics was banned altogether on Social media.

LOL, neither do these unhinged liberals
Free speech is the ability to express yourself without fear of government control or punishment. That's it. Not whether the Duck Guy gets to have his TV show, and not whether people can post garbage on Twitter. Those are businesses choosing the content it wants on it's platform. Saying that Musk "made free speech great again" just makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about.

FWIW, I couldn't care less if Elon Musk buys Twitter. There are plenty of places to read stupid and false things on the internet, one more isn't going to change anything.

Free speech is the ability to express yourself without fear of government control or punishment. That's it. Not whether the Duck Guy gets to have his TV show, and not whether people can post garbage on Twitter. Those are businesses choosing the content it wants on it's platform. Saying that Musk "made free speech great again" just makes it sound like you don't know what you are talking about.

FWIW, I couldn't care less if Elon Musk buys Twitter. There are plenty of places to read stupid and false things on the internet, one more isn't going to change anything.
But the government got involved with who had a voice on Twitter and who didn’t. See Biden administration, Dr. Tony Fauci and the Alex Berenson situation, for example.

oh yeah…ligma.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
But the government got involved with who had a voice on Twitter and who didn’t. See Biden administration, Dr. Tony Fauci and the Alex Berenson situation, for example.
He got banned on Twitter for violating their policies. That's a choice that Twitter made.

If the government "got involved", why does he still have Facebook, Instagram, books available on Audible and Amazon, interviews available on Fox News, speeches and interviews available on Youtube... worst censorship job ever.

When, as the most powerful social media platform on earth, you choose to censor political speech based on political policy, you are limiting free speech. It's interesting when you look at the "fact checking" on Facebook that was proven to be opinion, not fact.

Reactions: BSIT and Boiler444
He got banned on Twitter for violating their policies. That's a choice that Twitter made.

If the government "got involved", why does he still have Facebook, Instagram, books available on Audible and Amazon, interviews available on Fox News, speeches and interviews available on Youtube... worst censorship job ever.
What policy did he violate exactly, I wonder? It seemed that the biggest “policy” he violated was sharing real data about Covid and the vaccine that made the Biden administration and Dr. Tony Fauci uncomfortable. I think I read somewhere that he won his lawsuit against Twitter. Good for him! The government shouldn’t be banning people from having a voice but Twitter did the government’s bidding for them in that instance.

Reactions: BSIT
When, as the most powerful social media platform on earth, you choose to censor political speech based on political policy, you are limiting free speech. It's interesting when you look at the "fact checking" on Facebook that was proven to be opinion, not fact.
Always the victim

No. If you create a media platform, you have complete control over what you allow on that platform. THAT is free speech.
I have the right to say whatever I want without government restraint. But that does not give me the right to force other people to amplify my message.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
No. If you create a media platform, you have complete control over what you allow on that platform. THAT is free speech.
I have the right to say whatever I want without government restraint. But that does not give me the right to force other people to amplify my message.
This goes against their victim mentality so unfortunately it will never sink in that this is exactly how free speech and capitalism etc works.

Pretty good article on the pile of doo doo Elon just stepped into. I think he will regret this move and end up exiting before too long after paying a pretty high price. I have no idea who would step in and buy it from him.

You’re still avoiding the entire subject of the government silencing people through that media platform because those people were posting uncomfortable truths that made the administration look bad. What was wrong with amplifying real data? Using the Berenson example here. I’ll just assume the truth doesn’t matter to you.

Tears? I’m not crying or doing anything close to that. Is he wrong and did you support a presidential administration working in unison with big tech to silence its opposition?
Too complicated of a question for a simpleton like you, @PurdueFan1? It’s like you’re keeping a log of who posts what in here while hunting people down to condemn things. Are you a moderator or is your life just that empty and sad?

You’re still avoiding the entire subject of the government silencing people through that media platform because those people were posting uncomfortable truths that made the administration look bad. What was wrong with amplifying real data? Using the Berenson example here. I’ll just assume the truth doesn’t matter to you.
If Twitter wanted to keep him on their platform, that was their decision. They chose not to.

Berenson briefly had a show on Fox News in 2021 called “Covid Contrarian” until Covid got really bad and they decided to cancel the show. Did they violate his first amendment rights? Or did they make a business decision in the interests of protecting their brand?

@PurdueFan1? It’s like you’re keeping a log of who posts what in here while hunting people down to condemn things. Are you a moderator or is your life just that empty and sad?
[/QUOTE]

No log necessary, bud. You’re wash, rinse, repeat, just under different names.

I may just buy a Tesla. He may have single handily reinstated free speech

Can see why you guys are so excited about this.

Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says​

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT and mdthornb

I understand the principle of the First Amendment when it comes to government overreach. And I understand what it means to actually have complete control over your own platform and the ability to legally ban certain individuals. The point you seem to be missing is that this "platform" is an actual extension of free speech. So censoring it is akin to NBC deciding never to air certain White House press conferences that deal with a specific topic they don't like or disagree with. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I understand the principle of the First Amendment when it comes to government overreach. And I understand what it means to actually have complete control over your own platform and the ability to legally ban certain individuals. The point you seem to be missing is that this "platform" is an actual extension of free speech. So censoring it is akin to NBC deciding never to air certain White House press conferences that deal with a specific topic they don't like or disagree with. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
He also seems to be struggling to understand that the govt influencing or pressuring tech platforms to censor certain speech is also contrary to free speech. Hell, Zuckerberg even admitted on JRE that the FBI and Biden Admin contacted Facebook about censoring certain stories/material that turned out to be true and influenced the 2020 election. I know the hacks like to ignore facts, but ignoring them doesn’t change them

Under capitalism you are supposed to make as much money as you can and do whatever you want with what you own.

He also seems to be struggling to understand that the govt influencing or pressuring tech platforms to censor certain speech is also contrary to free speech. Hell, Zuckerberg even admitted on JRE that the FBI and Biden Admin contacted Facebook about censoring certain stories/material that turned out to be true and influenced the 2020 election. I know the hacks like to ignore facts, but ignoring them doesn’t change them
That is not what happened with the FBI and Facebook. If you’re going to refer to the interaction get the facts straight.

That is not what happened with the FBI and Facebook. If you’re going to refer to the interaction get the facts straight.
What the hell are you talking about Bob? I listened to the podcast and heard every word that came out of Zuckerberg’s mouth. He said the FBI contacted Facebook and told him to watch out for Russian disinformation right before the Hunter Biden laptop story was coming out from the New York post. That in conjunction with the 50 intelligence officials/former officials that also called it disinformation, WTF do you think they were referring to? Zuckerberg even said on the podcast that although the FBI didn’t name it specifically, it was more or less implied.

Can see why you guys are so excited about this.

Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says​

was that by Hunter Biden or someone else. Hunter loves the N word. Uses it often.

I don’t understand how people can’t understand this. It’s a traded company. They can pretty much do as they please. You are free to speak whatever you want but you do have consequences for doing so. Also, it’s not going to be some changed platform just because he bought it. He will police it too.

I don’t understand how people can’t understand this. It’s a traded company. They can pretty much do as they please. You are free to speak whatever you want but you do have consequences for doing so. Also, it’s not going to be some changed platform just because he bought it. He will police it too.
Right, and apparently the government "threatened" Twitter into censorship, even though misleading information and conspiracies can be found all over the internet and don't get punished by the government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT